• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

This mirrors season 1 Poch quite a lot though - I think the old guard had up until just before christmas before they got binned off?

They were given enough rope to hang themselves. Feels like about this point where he switched gears on them.

Thing is, its not the same situation is it? They players were all new to him so he had to play it that way to win the dressing room, given their clout with the squad.

This time round he has already established his authority, he shouldnt need to allow them this many chances. Honestly, if he had binned them all before the season, and said the young players were going to get the chance instead because they were committed - I honestly would have supported that even if results didnt exactly follow.

They were given enough rope to hang themselves. Feels like about this point where he switched gears on them.

Thing is, its not the same situation is it? They players were all new to him so he had to play it that way to win the dressing room, given their clout with the squad.

This time round he has already established his authority, he shouldnt need to allow them this many chances. Honestly, if he had binned them all before the season, and said the young players were going to get the chance instead because they were committed - I honestly would have supported that even if results didnt exactly follow.

Easy to say that, but I maybe mistaken you've not exactly been supportive of kwp for instance.

Easy to say that, but I maybe mistaken you've not exactly been supportive of kwp for instance.

I havent. In that whenever Ive seen him Ive just thought he was "ok".

My more daming remarks about KWP are in that it seemed (last season) Poch just didnt rate him, given how little opportunity he offered him.

When we went into this season with Aurier and KWP, I really thought Poch would give KWP a fair shake. He has done absolutely everything he can to avoid playing him though. Id love to know why.

As Ive tried to say a few times - Im not convinced ALL the players need sacking off. But, even if they did, where would the really big holes be?

LCB and RB, othewise we have a pretty strong team everywhere else.

And of the rogue contract crowd, Vertonghen is the least of our worried IMHO!

I reckon Dembele has been in his pals ears telling them how easy it is to pick up a wedge in China

I think with Alli storming off today shows the frustrations of players like him and Moura

He’s been out of form, but he always puts in 100 percent

He’s on the bench watching this brick being served up, can’t be easy.
Agreed, would have played him today. In fact would have played anyone other than that lot out there.

I havent. In that whenever Ive seen him Ive just thought he was "ok".

My more daming remarks about KWP are in that it seemed (last season) Poch just didnt rate him, given how little opportunity he offered him.

When we went into this season with Aurier and KWP, I really thought Poch would give KWP a fair shake. He has done absolutely everything he can to avoid playing him though. Id love to know why.

As Ive tried to say a few times - Im not convinced ALL the players need sacking off. But, even if they did, where would the really big holes be?

LCB and RB, othewise we have a pretty strong team everywhere else.

And of the rogue contract crowd, Vertonghen is the least of our worried IMHO!

Is it definitely a contract thing with Jan?
Is he not our LCB? Are you saying we have no cover for him if he goes?
Genuine query, not trying to be sarky. Jan and Hugo are or probably my favourite players (feel like a fudging six year writing that), players that have stuck with us when they could have gone to better things.

Is it definitely a contract thing with Jan?
Is he not our LCB? Are you saying we have no cover for him if he goes?
Genuine query, not trying to be sarky. Jan and Hugo are or probably my favourite players (feel like a fudging six year writing that), players that have stuck with us when they could have gone to better things.

Jans an odd one, definitely seems something has gone on behind the scenes, but as it stands he is in the last year of his contract, apparently wants to renew, but no sign of it?

Jan is our LCB, and should remain so IMO. Cover for him in the squad would be Davies and Tanganga IMO.

But if we sacked off all the "outs" Davies would be needed at LB, and Im not sure Tanganga is really ready to step in full time.

Jans an odd one, definitely seems something has gone on behind the scenes, but as it stands he is in the last year of his contract, apparently wants to renew, but no sign of it?

Jan is our LCB, and should remain so IMO. Cover for him in the squad would be Davies and Tanganga IMO.

But if we sacked off all the "outs" Davies would be needed at LB, and Im not sure Tanganga is really ready to step in full time.

Last I read about Jan - a couple of weeks back I think - we'd offered him a 12 month contract but he wanted 2 years.

Back