• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Naija

I'm guessing you won't have seen him play much (I maybe wrong)

He isn't an attacking player he is very much a commanding midfielder who can score goals. His role IMO for us would be the Mason role in the spinel pivot. Recycling Posession and getting some goals

He has all the attributes to play anywhere but to date his career has been in the modern deeper lying role

Well i have not seen him in person but I paid attention to him once we signed him and in Dons were featured a lot on Sky. When I saw him he was playing as an attacking midfielder, in the opposing box a lot and definitely playing as a deep lying midfielder, anyway not in the matches I saw

No need to confuse things with terminology, he's a central midfielder. Pochettino seems to like these two-way midfielders who are comfortable doing both jobs rather than having one dedicated holder and one attacker. I think Alli will become the player Paulinho was supposed to be.

Have seen him play live and have seen him watch on TV a couple to times.

Please don't get too excited, he is a 19 year old who some expect will just step up two divisions in CM? When I saw him he reminded me of Jenas so much. Fit, strong , high energy and decent ability without being exceptional. The one thing I did notice was that similarly to Jenas he went missing from the game quite a lot and pops up with a good tackle, a shot or creating a chance. Young players struggle to dictate games and from what I saw he will need to learn a lot. If he can be 4th/5th choice next year then I think that will be a good learning curve for him and he should develop.

Just because a couple of young players have done well doesn't mean they all will and please do not put too much pressure on him!

Well i have not seen him in person but I paid attention to him once we signed him and in Dons were featured a lot on Sky. When I saw him he was playing as an attacking midfielder, in the opposing box a lot and definitely playing as a deep lying midfielder, anyway not in the matches I saw

I remember reading somewhere he was being played further forward than his natural position last season as it suited the team more

I remember reading somewhere he was being played further forward than his natural position last season as it suited the team more

I've seen him play about 15 times and he never played an attacking role. He always was one of the two in the middle but got forward a lot as he had a great engine

He has the knack of disappearing and then cropping up with a goal like Lampard used to for instance

He needs a season of familiarisation with us, he has the character and maturity

I've seen him play about 15 times and he never played an attacking role. He always was one of the two in the middle but got forward a lot as he had a great engine

He has the knack of disappearing and then cropping up with a goal like Lampard used to for instance

He needs a season of familiarisation with us, he has the character and maturity

I guess we saw things differently :)

I cannot claim to have seen him 15 times, more like 4 or 5, but based on the little I saw of him I would tend to agree with this sentiment

Have seen him play live and have seen him watch on TV a couple to times.

Please don't get too excited, he is a 19 year old who some expect will just step up two divisions in CM? When I saw him he reminded me of Jenas so much. Fit, strong , high energy and decent ability without being exceptional. The one thing I did notice was that similarly to Jenas he went missing from the game quite a lot and pops up with a good tackle, a shot or creating a chance. Young players struggle to dictate games and from what I saw he will need to learn a lot. If he can be 4th/5th choice next year then I think that will be a good learning curve for him and he should develop.

Just because a couple of young players have done well doesn't mean they all will and please do not put too much pressure on him!

This, this this, the same thing was expected of Yedlin, he was going to solve our RB, RW problems before he had even got here. Give the guy time and use him slowly and lets see what happens.

I think 4th choice. But have dembele as a back up the from 3 so he can drop to the middle two as well seems like decent cover. Can't imagine it being long before he overtakes mason as third choice either but don't want to put pressure on him. Really hope he can step up.

Bottom line, be it central midfield or attacking midfield, to score 18 goals in a season is no easy feat. He is still just a teenager so while I wish him well I will not forget that. At 19 Harry Kane looked in my opinion was a shadow of the player he is today so I will not expect too much from him. But he may surprise us, look at Nabil is just 20 and he has become an automatic starter already

Tottenham centre-back Eric Dier has told the official club website that new signing Dele Alli is forcing Nabil Bentaleb to play at the top of his game.

Speaking to Spurs, Dier admitted that during pre-season preparations, Alli has given the Algerian international some healthy competition in the midfield area.

Dier said: “Everyone has done well and it’s good we’re pushing each other, it really helps.

“Dele Alli and Nabil Bentaleb have been really impressive in the endurance running.”

The England U21 defender continued to say: “Everyone knew about Nabil but Dele seems to be getting close to him so it’s been interesting! He’s put up a good test!”

I'd be perfectly happy for Alli to be the deep-lying rotation option for Bentaleb this season. Set up like so:

New DM/Dembele----------Bentaleb/Alli

------------------Eriksen/Mason-------------

....would suit me just fine, as far as our central midfield goes.

Tottenham centre-back Eric Dier has told the official club website that new signing Dele Alli is forcing Nabil Bentaleb to play at the top of his game.

Speaking to Spurs, Dier admitted that during pre-season preparations, Alli has given the Algerian international some healthy competition in the midfield area.

Dier said: “Everyone has done well and it’s good we’re pushing each other, it really helps.

“Dele Alli and Nabil Bentaleb have been really impressive in the endurance running.”

The England U21 defender continued to say: “Everyone knew about Nabil but Dele seems to be getting close to him so it’s been interesting! He’s put up a good test!”

Nice one!

Though is Dier is probably in the same boat with Wimmer.

I'd be perfectly happy for Alli to be the deep-lying rotation option for Bentaleb this season. Set up like so:

New DM/Dembele----------Bentaleb/Alli

------------------Eriksen/Mason-------------

....would suit me just fine, as far as our central midfield goes.

I don't think that we are going to see Dembele played deep. His poor eye for a pass is a real handicap in a Poch team.

I don't think that we are going to see Dembele played deep. His poor eye for a pass is a real handicap in a Poch team.

His ability to a) hold possession, and b) muscle smaller players off the ball, however....I think those might be good attributes for a makeshift DM to have. And let's not forget, it isn't like Poch's favoured DM pairing at S'oton (Wanyama and Schneiderlin) were both playmakers: Schneiderlin definitely was, but Wanyama very much fit the mold of a technically limited but physically powerful shield for the back four.

"His game"!?!

Jeez, read the actual quotes - he talks solely about endurance running

His ability to a) hold possession, and b) muscle smaller players off the ball, however....I think those might be good attributes for a makeshift DM to have. And let's not forget, it isn't like Poch's favoured DM pairing at S'oton (Wanyama and Schneiderlin) were both playmakers: Schneiderlin definitely was, but Wanyama very much fit the mold of a technically limited but physically powerful shield for the back four.

He's definitely strong in possession but I do think that we need to ask ourselves why Poch did not play him there last season and favoured two youth graduates who are good on the ball over more robust senior players.

He's definitely strong in possession but I do think that we need to ask ourselves why Poch did not play him there last season and favoured two youth graduates who are good on the ball over more robust senior players.

That's a good question, to be fair. But it isn't just limited to using Dembele at DM: I wonder why Poch seemed so reluctant to use Dembele anywhere last season. We put in some of our best performances in the games where he did feature (Chelsea at the Lane, for example), so Poch's reluctance to use him more is still somewhat baffling to me.

That's a good question, to be fair. But it isn't just limited to using Dembele at DM: I wonder why Poch seemed so reluctant to use Dembele anywhere last season. We put in some of our best performances in the games where he did feature (Chelsea at the Lane, for example), so Poch's reluctance to use him more is still somewhat baffling to me.

Maybe this isn't the thread for it but I am certain it is because of his tendency to dwell on the ball.

Back