• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Which position does he play? I don't think I have ever seen him play (possibly against Man Utd in the League Cup this season, but then I wasn't aware of him).

Is he an option for the Mason/Bentaleb positions, or more of a number 10? Can he even play as an inverted winger?

Definitely not a winger. By all accounts seems he is a genuine box to box player - some reports have likened him (cough!! retch!!) to Viera. Strong in the tackle and times runs into the box to score. Would be Mason's alternate in that case

Definitely not a winger. By all accounts seems he is a genuine box to box player - some reports have likened him (cough!! retch!!) to Viera. Strong in the tackle and times runs into the box to score. Would be Mason's alternate in that case

He is exactly that and I think he would over take Mason quite quickly once he settles

This lad has everything other than a reputation and is at the right club IMO

Make no mistake he will make errors and providing he doesn't get slated like Mason does for every wrror he will fly

Thanks. I would be happy to see him on the bench in remaining games, even if I don't know what he is like. The options we do have on the bench aren't too exciting, and Poch is reluctant to use a few of our current players. On the other hand Poch is also reluctant to throw people into the team quickly, so I would be surprised if we saw Alli this season.

Don't you have to be included in the squad list submitted to the FA when the transfer window shut in order to be on the bench?

Still nothing official on this as far as I can tell.

Saw today that Saudi Sportswashing Machine won't be able to bring back Lascelles from Nottingham http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...washing Machine-united-wont-able-rely-9173445

Lascelles was also under 21 when the season started. And Forest, like MK Dons, aren't in a play-off situation. According to the article it's because the loan deal ran through the play off period.

Not sure if we could perhaps have worded a loan deal better and thus circumvented that problem. But right now as far as I can tell there's no way of knowing for sure if we can bring Alli in or not.

Still nothing official on this as far as I can tell.

Saw today that Saudi Sportswashing Machine won't be able to bring back Lascelles from Nottingham http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...washing Machine-united-wont-able-rely-9173445

Lascelles was also under 21 when the season started. And Forest, like MK Dons, aren't in a play-off situation. According to the article it's because the loan deal ran through the play off period.

Not sure if we could perhaps have worded a loan deal better and thus circumvented that problem. But right now as far as I can tell there's no way of knowing for sure if we can bring Alli in or not.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine probably didn't put in a recall clause.

Sounds strange. Pritchard played for us at the end of last season, so it must be possible, unless of course the rules have changed.

Someone pointed out in another thread (Pritchard thread?) that Pritchard was on a youth loan and his return last season came after he turned 21 as the loan was only set up until his 21st birthday because of youth loan regulations.

I thought there had been other examples of players returning and getting game time towards the end of the season, but haven't actually looked into the details of situations and there hasn't been anything official.

Someone pointed out in another thread (Pritchard thread?) that Pritchard was on a youth loan and his return last season came after he turned 21 as the loan was only set up until his 21st birthday because of youth loan regulations.

I thought there had been other examples of players returning and getting game time towards the end of the season, but haven't actually looked into the details of situations and there hasn't been anything official.

Makes sense... in any case, let the kid have a break, enjoy taking Dons up to the championship and then introduce him to the squad in pre-season

IMO he will be inoir around the team up to Christmas and then a view will be taken on the number of games he has played

In 12 months time he will be starting player

The attitude is definitely there and I think Poch is happy to overlook mistakes and naivety as long as the aptitude is there in training and the the willingness to learn from mistakes.
He talks a very good talk

I think we'll have five CMs (like with CBs) and he get a good share of game time with that attitude. 20-25 games will be good for his development.

I would suggest he is more a central attacking midfield player thana box to box player.
This kid got any chance of staying with our first team or is it much too soon?

Depends on what he does in the cups methinks. None of us predicted such an amazing season from Harry Kane, but he delivered in the cups early on and the rest as they say is history

This kid got any chance of staying with our first team or is it much too soon?

I think he'll be one of our core 4 CMs, though probably the 4th choice one of them (behind Bentaleb, Mason and a new one we bring in - Suarez or whoever)

He'll probably be comparable to Pritchard, who will make the senior squad, but probably start as last choice of the 6 AMs.

I would suggest he is more a central attacking midfield player thana box to box player.

Depends on what he does in the cups methinks. None of us predicted such an amazing season from Harry Kane, but he delivered in the cups early on and the rest as they say is history

Naija

I'm guessing you won't have seen him play much (I maybe wrong)

He isn't an attacking player he is very much a commanding midfielder who can score goals. His role IMO for us would be the Mason role in the spinel pivot. Recycling Posession and getting some goals

He has all the attributes to play anywhere but to date his career has been in the modern deeper lying role

I'd agree with that GB. Our first choice CM will likely Bentaleb + whoever the new signing is (dedicated DM or MS style player), Mason would be demoted to third choice and could partner either of them and Alli would be behind him.

Back