• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Because Dele was embarrassed Lovren didn't follow through with the challenge as he expected.

That is why Dele tapped the ref on the stomach to say 'fair cop'
I think this.

But I also think the yellow was harsh as he never appealed and played on straight away. He thought he was going to get whacked so kind of lifted his legs and fell to the ground but lovren never followed through. Dele’s made to look stupid but I’m not sure yellow was worthy unless he appeals?

So if it was a dive, why no appeal? why continue to attempt to play the ball?

Lets be clear, I've seen Dele dive, its part of his game, that one? looks like he lost his footing, continued to play the ball from the floor (I've never seen anyone dive and do that), no appeal.

Lets not fall for the narrative ..

I think he expected contact. It didn't come and he tried to play on.

Utter tripe.

You watched Alli dive 24 times and concluded he genuinely lost his footing?!

I don't really understand how you can be so biased and one-eyed to think that. So strange. So clear.

https://wittyfutty.com/2018/02/video-dele-alli-gets-yellow-shameful-dive-vs-liverpool/
Clearly there was no trip, clearly it was a dive.

That said, there was at least as much contact from the player with his hand on him from behind as there was in the Liverpool penalty clip earlier in this thread.

Alli's mistake wasn't going over, it was choosing the wrong player to blame it on.

Because Dele was embarrassed Lovren didn't follow through with the challenge as he expected.

That is why Dele tapped the ref on the stomach to say 'fair cop'

He doesn’t even go over like he’s expecting a challenge. Watch it. Try hard to disengage from the narrative. If YOU think he dove, great. If you are using a series of metrics, including “past offences” then I think you are dealing in tripe!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

So if it was a dive, why no appeal? why continue to attempt to play the ball?

Lets be clear, I've seen Dele dive, its part of his game, that one? looks like he lost his footing, continued to play the ball from the floor (I've never seen anyone dive and do that), no appeal.

Lets not fall for the narrative ..

For me, that is vital in any discussion about diving. If the player dont appeal for it, it isn't a dive, regarless what intension the player had from the beginning. Because it simple; if you continue playing or directly standing up, the ref will not use the whistle, unless he thinks that something was wrong. (Appealing also include doing the Lehmanm roll and similar hilarous behaviour)

Poch needs to understand two things: One, this is England not Argentina and for the most part, fans despise diving. Two, Dele's diving is counter productive to the team, because now refs are denying him clear cut penalties. He needs to be spoken to.

People reading what he “said” need to comprehend with the caveat that English is not his first language.

What is very clear is that post-match complaining has become an in-game tactic. Look at how Wenger has slyly used it to set up the weekend!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Didn't get a goal, one great chance and one good chance - should have scored....

But otherwise quality match from Dele, performance had everything else. Good passing, good hustle, elusive movement - Goon defenders couldn't handle him!!

Sent from my [device_name] using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Yep, top performance! Didn't get caught up in any nonsense, just kept his head down and played his game. He's one of the most fouled players in the league for two reasons; 1. He's a top player. 2. People know he is easy to wind up and they want him to react.

He doesn't have to play with a chip on his shoulder every game. He's got bags of talent. He can play with a bit of an edge with a hint of nastiness every now and then, I don't have a problem with that.

We were afraid of Chiellini's dark arts but Dele mugged him to get the freekick that Eriksen scored. He may overplay at times and lose the ball unnecessarily but his vision and cunning are without equal.

We were afraid of Chiellini's dark arts but Dele mugged him to get the freekick that Eriksen scored. He may overplay at times and lose the ball unnecessarily but his vision and cunning are without equal.

Chiellini did dive though to win a free kick off Alli

They also had Sandro dive and costa but the ref played on

They also had Higuaín booked for dissent after complaining about being tackled

Chiellini did dive though to win a free kick off Alli

They also had Sandro dive and costa but the ref played on

They also had Higuaín booked for dissent after complaining about being tackled

Who cares!! They could have been been as pure as a hundred virgins. We mugged them at their own game! That feels sooo good!

Back