• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

He is young - decision making seems to be a bit off this season - held the ball way too long against Southampton and tended to overcomplicate things...his game though is built on risk taking and instinct.

BUT - as he is young he will only get better and mature. Still 21 - think what he will be like in a few more years.

I think it is sad mate, as I suspect you do too. One of the finest players we've seen for years, who even in a "poor" season has many assists and has scored just shy of 10 goals with a third of the season left, yet it appears people cannot wait to bag on him.

All the more confusing when contrasted against the cult of Sissoko.

I'm not saying we should sell him. I'm saying it will be taken out of our hands. I see an unhappy player and I see that from his celebrations when he scores (or lack of them) and with his teammates. Unhappy players underperform. Sanchez is a prime example of that. It could be that it's not going all his way and he is getting frustrated, hence why he doesnt look happy but I don't think it is that.

Last edited:
Think he would benefit from some time out the side, fergie used to protect his youngsters like that.
Pochettino has had a lot of success with letting key players play their way back to form rather than dropping them from the starting line-up. Up until recently it looked like the same was working for Alli. I don't think a single game where we were short on creativity in midfield and struggling as a team should change that approach.

Get Eriksen back from illness, get Winks back and firing, perhaps Trippier to provide some quality service and I think Alli will start delivering like he has recently, but didn't in this one game against Southampton.

I'm not saying we should sell him. I'm saying it will be taken out of our hands. I see an unhappy player and I see that from his celebrations when he scores (or lack of them) and with his teammates. Unhappy players underperform. Sanchez is a prime example of that. It could be that it's not going all his way and he is getting frustrated, hence why he doesnt look happy but I don't think it is that.

He looked happy enough to me against Everton. He looked unhappy at Soton because once again he was getting the brick kicked out of him with no protection.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He looked happy enough to me against Everton. He looked unhappy at Soton because once again he was getting the brick kicked out of him with no protection.

And thanks to the midfield Poch selected he was feeding on scraps as well. Son was completely out of the game, Kane did very little, all of them were suffering a lack of service.

I like Mata, a lot. Im not sure he would be happy playing understudy to Eriksen, but he would be welcome for me.

As it is Id have had Lamela involved, but it seems he wasnt fully fit as well.

Mata could do various jobs with or without Eriksen or whoever.
He would be ideal for us and at 30 in April would put up with a bit of bench time.

Wages would highish! But worth it!

And thanks to the midfield Poch selected he was feeding on scraps as well. Son was completely out of the game, Kane did very little, all of them were suffering a lack of service.
While we certainly had better possession of the ball against Everton, I didn't think that Ali was feeding off scraps against Southampton. I thought he received the ball in some good positions on Sunday with us having really good opportunities on the counter attack, he just didn't make the most of them.

Pretty much every time he got the ball he had no options, no support, then just got fouled. I dont recall many times thinking he had wasted a real opportunity.

And as I said, Son didnt even see the ball and Kane was hardly his usual threat. I think all of them suffered from no-one being between the base of midfield and the front line who could do a job. Dembele tried but its never been his forte.

Pretty much every time he got the ball he had no options, no support, then just got fouled. I dont recall many times thinking he had wasted a real opportunity.

And as I said, Son didnt even see the ball and Kane was hardly his usual threat. I think all of them suffered from no-one being between the base of midfield and the front line who could do a job. Dembele tried but its never been his forte.
I disagree. He didn't use the options well enough. Also I think he only got given one foul in the whole game, though he ended up on the floor a lot I agree.

I saw a few occasions on Sunday when we broke and Dele had a clear forward pass on but chose to keep the ball too long, slowing the break down and allowing Southampton to get back. Also he has a habit of jumping off the ground to avoid a challenge for the ball then going to ground, often Ref's won't blow up for that as they see it as simulation.

He's a rough diamond, but he's our diamond.

Worth watching the game back. Yes, he overran a few times. He also played some excellent passes, including the one at the end which Hazza usually buries...

Back