• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I'm not sure there are enough goals with what we have right now though.

Kane will have a harder time this year, teams know his game and will look to shut him down. Thankfully he has that ability to drop deep or move wide to find the ball, but when marked by 2 or even 3 defenders he's not going to have chance to do an aweful lot. If we throw someone up alongside him or coming in from wide with pace, it will take their attention off Kane and free him up some more. Eriksen is intelligent enough to find space to work in, whilst I'd imagine that in that setup 2 from the 3 in midfield would be aiming to get involved with the attacks. We have all seen what Alli can do in and around the box (albeit in League 1) and I would hazard a guess that Bentaleb and Mason would add goals too. In the case that Eriksen became a member of that 3 he would also look to get among the goals.

As things stand, Chadli isn't that consistent but he is probably going to be good for 8-10 goals this season, whilst Eriksen might hit 10-14. I cannot see Kane having another season like the last, whilst the right wing looks problematic. If anything, I'd say the 4312 soltution removes a problem area (right wing) and replaces it with something more functional.

Last edited:
Not sure theres enough goals in the 4312s you guys are proposing

Why not?

It has all our goal scorers on the pitch in the area they are most effective

Lamella scored less goals in the eagle than Dier last season yet in this system could be in the side in a more fluid role

I'm not sure there are enough goals with what we have right now though.

Kane will have a harder time this year, teams know his game and will look to shut him down. Thankfully he has that ability to drop deep or move wide to find the ball, but when marked by 2 or even 3 defenders he's not going to have chance to do an aweful lot. If we throw someone up alongside him or coming in from wide with pace, it will take their attention off Kane and free him up some more. Eriksen is intelligent enough to find space to work in, whilst I'd imagine that in that setup 2 from the 3 in midfield would be aiming to get involved with the attacks. We have all seen what Alli can do in and around the box (albeit in League 1) and I would hazard a guess that Bentaleb and Mason would add goals too. In the case that Eriksen become a member of that 3 he would also look to get among the goals.

As things stand, Chadli isn't that consistent but he is probably going to be good for 8-10 goals this season, whilst Eriksen might hit 10-14. I cannot see Kane having another season like the last, whilst the right wing looks problematic. If anything, I'd say the 4312 soltution removes a problem area (right wing) and replaces it with something more functional.

tickle my balls with a feather

It also makes us more solid defensively as proven with the results again Everton and West Brom away and arsenal at home where we effectively played this system

I'd play him against Utd. He's an unknown quantity for the most part and might just catch a few of them out. He also seems to play without fear as the Madrid and MLS matches have shown, so I have no doubt that he will not be overawed by Old Trafford.

Last edited:
Why do you say that?

Because I don't rate all 3 of them anywhere near as highly as most on here. Hell even Mason who is a family friend isn't good enough to be a first team starter IMO. Our midfield is shocking to my mind going into a new season.

I'll gladly wear a dunce hat if proven wrong by the way but IMO our midfield is below par.

Because I don't rate all 3 of them anywhere near as highly as most on here. Hell even Mason who is a family friend isn't good enough to be a first team starter IMO. Our midfield is shocking to my mind going into a new season.

I'll gladly wear a dunce hat if proven wrong by the way but IMO our midfield is below par.

It's the same midfield that got us 5th and a cup final last season.

Alli, Bentaleb and Dembele could make a formidable 3some in the midfield.

With what we have at our disposal at the moment I would like that in a 4-3-3. Benteleb would have to sit more, with Dembele further forward to the left and Alli to the right. This would let Dembele retain possession higher up the pitch, whilst Alli can push on into the box which we know he is good at giving us a good goal threat from midfield. All three can tackle and pass well.

I would prefer a proper DM in the three. But with what we have now I would prefer this than a 2 man midfield of Dier and anyone else that we are getting at the moment. The problem with this though, is our wide forwards are not enough of a goal threat. Maybe Eriksen to the left of Kane, get him around the box more. On the right? I have not a clue.

With what we have at our disposal at the moment I would like that in a 4-3-3. Benteleb would have to sit more, with Dembele further forward to the left and Alli to the right. This would let Dembele retain possession higher up the pitch, whilst Alli can push on into the box which we know he is good at giving us a good goal threat from midfield. All three can tackle and pass well.

I would prefer a proper DM in the three. But with what we have now I would prefer this than a 2 man midfield of Dier and anyone else that we are getting at the moment. The problem with this though, is our wide forwards are not enough of a goal threat. Maybe Eriksen to the left of Kane, get him around the box more. On the right? I have not a clue.

It's 100% our current best system as it gets the best out of the players we have

Nothin worse than square pegs in round holes to suit a system when their clearly not good enough

Last edited:
Watch his interview on the official site. He wants a place against United. He's bolshie and up for it! He trys to play the nuts move on Modic cool, but can't quite hold it down ) Oh for them to be in the same team. I miss Modric more than Bale.

I miss Van der Vaart more than both of them. Bale & Modric were great, but quiet introverted types. VDV was larger than life and loved playing for us, even if half of it was panto...

Back