• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I'm really hoping he gets his chance this year and flourishes. Not just because we will have gained a player for now and the future, but hopefully will make Spurs a more enticing team to future young talent, demonstrating once again that we're a team that gives youngsters a chance. Maybe that will make them think twice before signing contracts with the Mancs and Chelskis of this world.

First choice backup for Bentaleb perhaps? He's young and is gonna need a season to get up to speed, but he showed that he has a lot to offer the other night against the MLS team.

Jump off the bandwagon boys n girls lets just see how he gets on before we shoot our loads.
spoil sport that's not the spurs fans way ... Ali looks like he will go on to be better than patrick v, and when he fails we will say that it's what spurs do ... Can't wait

I think thay physically he will be fine and he's got decent technique and an eye for a goal. Whether or not he turns out to be Viera or Jenas is another thing, but I think alongside a more defensive minded parter in the cups he will be fine.

Jenas would suit a Poch team more than the teams he was a part of for us - his work rate and defensive awareness was top notch, and I was one of his biggest critics

How good is this kid? I mean honestly

is he better than anyone we currently have in the senior squad talent wise?
Hard to say till I see him in the league but from what I have seen of him he has a very high ceiling. I like the kid and give him a season and I think he could be very very good.

this guy excites me the most of our new signings this season, and probably since eriksen. i think he is going to be absolutely awesome. if poch was in the mood to rip up all last year's work, i think a 4-3-3 with a new CDM (whoever, whatever as long as he can spray it about and keep it solid) with Alli and Bentaleb shuttling up to the front three would be pretty awesome. they are apparently both superfit, both can drive forward and move the ball accurately, and i really think both in the team at the same time would be a good thing.

I'm really hoping he gets his chance this year and flourishes. Not just because we will have gained a player for now and the future, but hopefully will make Spurs a more enticing team to future young talent, demonstrating once again that we're a team that gives youngsters a chance. Maybe that will make them think twice before signing contracts with the Mancs and Chelskis of this world.

Alli and his agent decided that Mauricio Pochettino would be the right man to continue the player’s development after watching closely how the likes of Harry Kane, Ryan Mason and Nabil Bentaleb have all progressed from youth team football to the first team and thrived.

At the time I didn’t feel it was the right move to Liverpool personally. I wanted to stay at MK a bit longer to get some more first-team experience

“When we were looking at moving I think it was really important that we found a manager who was similar to the gaffer [Karl],” Alli says. “Someone who has a lot of trust in young players and isn’t scared to put them on. I can see that in the manager [at Spurs], so it’s a great move for me.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/dele-alli-loan-spurs-season-not-if-i-can-help-it

Jenas would suit a Poch team more than the teams he was a part of for us - his work rate and defensive awareness was top notch, and I was one of his biggest critics

Jenas was a pretty good fit next to Carrick from what I remember. Carrick, along with us playing quite a few long balls, meant that his creative responsibility on the ball was very limited. Could use his athleticism to get up and down the pitch and be the more mobile player defensively next to Carrick.

He would have been a much worse fit in a team looking to play a higher possession game and rely more on quick passing and technical ability. Not for a lack of talent, but more how he came to use that talent. An 18 year old Jenas getting a couple of years under Pochettino and our development coaches might have been an awesome player for us though.

Jenas was a pretty good fit next to Carrick from what I remember. Carrick, along with us playing quite a few long balls, meant that his creative responsibility on the ball was very limited. Could use his athleticism to get up and down the pitch and be the more mobile player defensively next to Carrick.

He would have been a much worse fit in a team looking to play a higher possession game and rely more on quick passing and technical ability. Not for a lack of talent, but more how he came to use that talent. An 18 year old Jenas getting a couple of years under Pochettino and our development coaches might have been an awesome player for us though.

Of all the players who have disappointed me over the years Jenas is up there, for me he had the ability to be a top player but for some reason he never could show it constantly over a long period. Maybe it was a mental thing but he should have become a far better player then he showed.

Back