• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I think everyone should boycott the, bunch of clams!

Watch your mouth or I'll boycoutt you too!

boycoutt.jpg

Magnificent article this on Dele Alli and Renato Sanches

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ter-loneliness-cautionary-tale-renato-sanches

This particularly is spot on

"Alli surely won’t leave, although the possibility will lurk and fester if only because this is the way of football now: talent must always be pawed at and disrupted. Even when, as in this case, it is hard to think of a worse idea than uprooting a player is currently improving at a thrilling rate, lodged in a rare sweet spot of the right player at the right club with the right manager; and who still seems goofy and half-formed at times, at others utterly imperious, striding about the pitch like a baby cartoon grasshopper let loose among the grown-ups."

thinking about it today - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bostock this is how it could have gone - similar "plan" 5m with youth experience etc.

Different times and different management

Same as the lwd who went to united and then went on loan Nick Powell

He looked to me to be top notch and never looked out of place but never got a real chance

Don't forget Rashford got his chance through an injury crisis

Last edited:
Yep I agree (Lennon got his chance in a similar fashion), think its a credit to Ali and the current management - the similarity is striking though 5M for a teenager captaining a lower league team.

It is amazing that Alli has scored 16 league goals so far this season. But he really could have scored many more if he had been more clinical in front of goal. Also, don't like his fancy back flicks which doesn't seem to work most of the time.

It is amazing that Alli has scored 16 league goals so far this season. But he really could have scored many more if he had been more clinical in front of goal. Also, don't like his fancy back flicks which doesn't seem to work most of the time.

No player scores all or even most if their chances.

Alli is incredible, his goal scoring is already outstanding.

His nutmegs often work and football is also about entertainment, flair and excitement. More power to him.

Back