• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Wonder if he can do the elusive hattrick by winning it next year as well. Hard to see anyone else beating him to the award whilst he still qualifies, age wise.

That's 4 out of the last 5 Professional Footballers' Association young player of the year winners coming from Spurs.

And before that, we only won it twice in 30 odd years, I believe. A great achievment and testament to our youth department over the past years.

Oh; and well done Alli! Couldn't really be anyone else, IMO.

Wonder if he can do the elusive hattrick by winning it next year as well. Hard to see anyone else beating him to the award whilst he still qualifies, age wise.

That's 4 out of the last 5 Professional Footballers' Association young player of the year winners coming from Spurs.
I think there are only three things that could stop him next year:

1. Being a strong favourite for the main award.
2. Spending half the season out injured.
3. Playing for Real.

What about an innocent dip in form? Every player goes through them and is more susceptible whilst young.....
There's absolutely no way I'd get on Dele's back if that happened. I just think that, as it stands, he is simply one of the best young players in Europe and therefore it'd take a very special season-long performance to usurp him if he played to his current level. We're talking Rashford hitting 20 goals here or Sessegnon setting the PL alight.

Five out of six. Only Eden Hazard broke the run.

Timing seems a little predictable after his award, but then again, is this tapping up by proxy?..I'm sure it is, given his need to get results next season.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...-in-world-record-deal-says-barca-legend-xavi/

Just like all the other transfer rumour stories that have emerged in the past few days involving our players, I suspect this one was also convenient to run now we lost the FA cup semi and will likely end up trophyless. Not as blatant as a few others, but the "another failed season" narrative always suits these kinds of stories like a glove.

Just like all the other transfer rumour stories that have emerged in the past few days involving our players, I suspect this one was also convenient to run now we lost the FA cup semi and will likely end up trophyless. Not as blatant as a few others, but the "another failed season" narrative always suits these kinds of stories like a glove.

It's the quotes by Xavi and making a direct link between DA and City which make it worse.

So 8 of our first XI and manager are all of in the Summer according to the press.

Just Jan, Victor and Moussa left for them to find clubs for and then we turn of the lights.

Will a reformed Leyton orient go for the training centre and new stadium?

No shock that he is a target of the top clubs. We are still a club in transition, and DA is a player making a huge impact, especially at his age. Unfortunately, we can do little but hope that he either stays at the club or we get a huge price for him and find a good replacement.

Like Bale though, we will not find a replacement as good as Alli is one of the very best right now.

Oh well this summer we'll either show that we Kent bent over, or we're going to be very rich.

No shock that he is a target of the top clubs. We are still a club in transition, and DA is a player making a huge impact, especially at his age. Unfortunately, we can do little but hope that he either stays at the club or we get a huge price for him and find a good replacement.

Like Bale though, we will not find a replacement as good as Alli is one of the very best right now.

Oh well this summer we'll either show that we Kent bent over, or we're going to be very rich.

Poch's quote "I invite all the clubs that want players from Spurs to come to the training ground and visit chairman Daniel Levy"

I reckon our players aren't going anywhere this summer - they are tied to long contracts and Levy has learnt his lesson. The only one I do worry about a bit is Toby, who I think has yet to sign.

Back