• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Isn't that what happens to the player in the middle of the three?
I think the amount of green is the most important thing for a centre back, as opposed to John Stones touch map...
220px-Red_arrows_in_apollo_formation_cotswoldairshow_2010_arp.jpg

Stones hasn't misplaced many passes at all this season. 431 successful out of 446 so far.
My apologies Mr Stones. When I thought that pass completion rather than the number of forward passes was the most important stat for a centre back and a picture of the red arrows flying from right to left would be a humorous visual representation of this, you were the centre back that sprung to mind. Just out of interest did you count the passes yourself or is there a website I can refer to, so I can double check in future and hopefully avoid making any other potentially offensive misrepresentations in the name of achieving a cheap laugh?

My apologies Mr Stones. When I thought that pass completion rather than the number of forward passes was the most important stat for a centre back and a picture of the red arrows flying from right to left would be a humorous visual representation of this, you were the centre back that sprung to mind. Just out of interest did you count the passes yourself or is there a website I can refer to, so I can double check in future and hopefully avoid making any other potentially offensive misrepresentations in the name of achieving a cheap laugh?

Quite alright, I don't mind you taking a cheap pop at my professional abilities. As you may have seen from my earlier on-pitch activities, I enjoy giving people a cheap laugh too.
However, of late I have smartened up my act and like people to notice rather than falling back on a history that is no longer reflective of my present form. Also, I happened to read an article about yesterdays game which made that very point and kindly provided that exact stat so it was there in my mind, and then amazingly you provided the opportunity for it to be regurgitated.

Quite alright, I don't mind you taking a cheap pop at my professional abilities. As you may have seen from my earlier on-pitch activities, I enjoy giving people a cheap laugh too.
However, of late I have smartened up my act and like people to notice rather than falling back on a history that is no longer reflective of my present form. Also, I happened to read an article about yesterdays game which made that very point and kindly provided that exact stat so it was there in my mind, and then amazingly you provided the opportunity for it to be regurgitated.
I'm so going to keep an eye on you left stats from now on! Give Kyle my regards

Reactions: DTA
I quite like him, he's been fairly no-nonsense in his play -- gets his foot on it, gets his head on it, just stops things, likes imposing himself on opposition players. He's got a bit of pace too, and allows Toby and (particularly) Vert to play the pretty football out from the back. He is there more for when we don't have the ball imo.

I know this is early days but this kid has the ability to go right to the top.
Needs to improve significantly on the ball to be truly at the top for me at least. That can come as he's still very young and still settling. Everything else the potential is fantastic and he's already performing well.

He's doing well and don't want to be critical of a new player, especially of one so young. But I will say he doesn't give me that aura of security yet, he looks to have an error in him. He's young so that's completely acceptable. He has got all the attributes of a great defender, but I don't feel completely comfortable with his defending just yet....

Needs to improve significantly on the ball to be truly at the top for me at least. That can come as he's still very young and still settling. Everything else the potential is fantastic and he's already performing well.

Of course he does, but in all honesty i have not seen many players at the age of 21 who does not have to. Sometimes you can see that little bit extra is a kids game and this one seems to have all the tools, the things he has to improve on will come easily and with Poch as a manager his chances of this happening are very good.

Of course he does, but in all honesty i have not seen many players at the age of 21 who does not have to. Sometimes you can see that little bit extra is a kids game and this one seems to have all the tools, the things he has to improve on will come easily and with Poch as a manager his chances of this happening are very good.
Indeed, he is one of the best 21 year old defenders in the world, but he is not yet better than loads and loads of 28 year old defenders playing all over the world... who knows if he will keep developing and become one of the best 28 year old defenders in the world. Will he remain with Spurs so we can reap the dividend of this improvement? The probability is that he will do well for a few years and we'll sell him for very good money, benefiting in that way.

I like what i'm seeing/hearing of this guy. Needs to cut out the borderline penalty conceding shoves though...you can see Jose and Ronaldo going through their paces as we speak to 'cajole' him into doing similar challenges and conceding penalties in a few weeks....

Im pretty sure he is playing within him self to a great degree and there is A LOT more to come from him.

Right now he is settling, and you can see he is very tentative on the ball, very conservative in his passing, and I think thats purely from a "What ever you do dont make a mistake" ringing around in his head.

Even so, his positioning and defensive play has been pretty much spot on already (albeit a little too physical at times).

I wager that in 6 months, once he has settled, we see a completely different player - one that we cant wait to see next season after a proper pre season and a year acclimating.

Im pretty sure he is playing within him self to a great degree and there is A LOT more to come from him.

Right now he is settling, and you can see he is very tentative on the ball, very conservative in his passing, and I think thats purely from a "What ever you do dont make a mistake" ringing around in his head.

Even so, his positioning and defensive play has been pretty much spot on already (albeit a little too physical at times).

I wager that in 6 months, once he has settled, we see a completely different player - one that we cant wait to see next season after a proper pre season and a year acclimating.

Well I'm happy so far

I know he cost a lot of £££ but he is showing why he cost that. No basic errors that have cost goals

Well I'm happy so far

I know he cost a lot of £££ but he is showing why he cost that. No basic errors that have cost goals

I think he has come close a couple of times, mostly through being too physical. That shoulder barge at the weekend, could have been problematic.

That said, I accept this will happen. His play, when he really comes out of himself, will always carry some risk - but it will pay off more often than not IMO.

Back