• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

All players make mistakes, it's the ones that learn and don't keep making the same mistakes that become good players. It's going to be tough for a young player dealing with a new country, language and culture, unfortunately one of the worse things about our current culture is everything is judged in the extreme, it's either fantastic or crap.
I think he will benefit from having a coach who has a good record of working with young players and two excellent defenders to help him.

I agree with that

I'm insinuating nothing of the sort. I'm counterbalancing what has been nothing buy praise for him so far.

I'm commenting on parts of his game that need improvement, or they will cost us. And by the very next game he may sort them out, but as it stands I would be worried about him against better forwards in the system that we play.

I say fair enough. Surely you can make a judgment only on what you have seen. It is absolutely fair comment to say, " he has not played well" he does not look good so far" . What would be ridiculous is : He will never be a PL footballer.

It's fluid, mostly it's the other way our ( especially the youth ones ) players get ridiculously over-hyped based on little real evidence

Reactions: DTA
Bit of a witch hunt here I think, DTA isn't writing Sanchez off, he's just highlighting some areas in his game that possibly needs some work

Shutting people down is fantastic fun:D

Calling it as you see it is not acceptable, especially in such a short time frame.:rolleyes:

...but then there is Sissoko..........now i'm confused, so where is the cut off point when criticism or negative talk is allowed through for consideration? :rolleyes:

It's a forum, an open discussion and debate. You agree, you disagree, you agree with a bit, you agree with a lot.

When people start telling people what to do or how to think, it falls down. Massively.

His nerves can be attributed to a lack of understanding with the other players. 10 games in and I'm sure he will be on the front foot all the time, and we will forget his early performances.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Fapatalk

Surely worth a mention how after he was initially brushed aside by Carroll, he gave it back to the big donkey numerous times. Not one to get intimidated, this young lad.

I like his fight, and I like that he has a little bit of a dirty side to him as well, allthough he needs to be careful with the sly pulls and pushes in his own box. So far I think he manages it well. Plus he's a very good player as well. Another mostly solid performance yesterday.

Did well yesterday, first game he has had to deal with someone like Carroll in league...
Yeah he has had some tough examinations. Although Carroll is unique in the physical stakes....Tammy Abraham is not far behind (and quicker). Plus he had to deal with a top level striker in Abangyemang(?)

He probably thought HE was the beast in the Dutch league, so has probably been shocked a bit but really it has just been luck of the draw, it will get easier for him. And at 21 he looks like a player so far, strength, technically good, solid temperament.
He has two great CB partners to learn from as well.

Surely worth a mention how after he was initially brushed aside by Carroll, he gave it back to the big donkey numerous times. Not one to get intimidated, this young lad.

I like his fight, and I like that he has a little bit of a dirty side to him as well, allthough he needs to be careful with the sly pulls and pushes in his own box. So far I think he manages it well. Plus he's a very good player as well. Another mostly solid performance yesterday.

Yeah I liked that as well.

As @Dr Rosenrosen pointed out, the best compliment you can pay him is that he's slotted in between Jan and Toby, the best centre backs in the league...and not looked out of place at all, occasional hiccup aside. Cool, calm, collected, built like a fudging tank and plays easy, sensible passes in between frightening bursts of speed when needed.

He'll face much tougher tests in the coming months - the big boys, home and away, and the kings of the club game (currently) in Real Madrid. If he comes out at the other end without looking out of place, then it will have been a debut season beyond all expectations for a lad who's still only 21 - and who looks like he's going to make it all the way to the very top very, very quickly, at this rate.

Back