• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

David Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been around far too long and remember far too many players who weren't even fit to lace his boots...to be linked with and with a great shout of signing a player of his class gives me a huge smile..this just shows how far we have come..and for some of us that is an effing long way!!

RVP is 30 Ffs Drogba was still awesome for Chelsea at 31 it would be an awesome awesome signing. We could not sign a better striker within our price range. With Bale, Lennon, Dembele, Paulinho etc around him he'd have a field day and his movement and close control would make us extremely dangerous upfront

RVP is 30 Ffs Drogba was still awesome for Chelsea at 31 it would be an awesome awesome signing. We could not sign a better striker within our price range. With Bale, Lennon, Dembele, Paulinho etc around him he'd have a field day and his movement and close control would make us extremely dangerous upfront

In a nutshell!!

I'm still not sure how he managed to miss from practically a yard out away to Sunderland. He had a similar one at West Ham with a header from about 3 yards as well.

I'd still take Drogba now!! \o/

I agree and I'm sure if we do pull this off there won't be many that are not ecstatic.

I'd still take Drogba now!! \o/

I agree and I'm sure if we do pull this off there won't be many that are not ecstatic.

Spurs fans seem to hate old strikers. In fact if you go by the views expressed on this site they hate most of our strikers. Even scoring goals does not seem to be enough for some.

These Villa rumours are getting me hot under the collar. Guardian saying we don't want to pay 12m. Come on let's just pay it, we need to bust into the top four in the next two seasons before Bale leaves. 12m won't bankrupt us.

who is going to play him through on goal? i dont think he has magnetic boots. his movement wont pull the ball through the channels

who is going to play him through on goal? i dont think he has magnetic boots. his movement wont pull the ball through the channels

Holtby, Sig, Lennon, Sandro and even Vertonghen have proven themselves very capable of playing someone through on goal.

Looking at the possible teams for next season, I'd expect us to use a late arriving full back to stretch into the channels, the way Barca often do.

Holtby, Sig, Lennon, Sandro and even Vertonghen have proven themselves very capable of playing someone through on goal.

Looking at the possible teams for next season, I'd expect us to use a late arriving full back to stretch into the channels, the way Barca often do.

please dont use barca. ruins any point anyone tries to make;)

yeah i must have missed the consistent through balls through the channel from those guys you mentioned. sods law that i only saw it a handful of times them attempting it...not to mention it paying off

no, if those guys are adept at playing through balls as you claim then we would have experienced a flurry of through balls being played to every winger and forwARD we had on numerous occasions

please dont use barca. ruins any point anyone tries to make;)

yeah i must have missed the consistent through balls through the channel from those guys you mentioned. sods law that i only saw it a handful of times them attempting it...not to mention it paying off

no, if those guys are adept at playing through balls as you claim then we would have experienced a flurry of through balls being played to every winger and forwARD we had on numerous occasions

I think we're talking about different things entirely here.

You're saying there's a need to play the through ball into the channels, I'm saying that a late-arriving full back stretches play into the channels so there's space for a more dangerous through ball in the middle.

As for how many of them you've seen, I'd make two points:

1) How many forwards do we have that regularly make the runs to receive that kind of pass? How often have we played with the traditional type of winger to receive one wide?

2) How often do we need one played through if we have an effective striker?

Spurs fans seem to hate old strikers. In fact if you go by the views expressed on this site they hate most of our strikers. Even scoring goals does not seem to be enough for some.

if you exclude bale our ade and defoe have an average age of 29.5 years. probably the oldest in the EPL?

I think we're talking about different things entirely here.

You're saying there's a need to play the through ball into the channels, I'm saying that a late-arriving full back stretches play into the channels so there's space for a more dangerous through ball in the middle.

As for how many of them you've seen, I'd make two points:

1) How many forwards do we have that regularly make the runs to receive that kind of pass? How often have we played with the traditional type of winger to receive one wide?

2) How often do we need one played through if we have an effective striker?
it does seem like we are talking to different things
the first thin you said is possible but in a 5 man midfield with a holder the full back stretching the defensive line can only do so much.

1. defoe. and even if not defoe....we have wingers and traditional ones too in bale and lennon...when both played as wingers you can tell they actually played as wingers. and another thing is that adebayors issue was to od with confidence in front of goal...his positioning was not nearly as bad as some might assume. and his movement though erratic was not that bad either....sure he was a hold up man but he did look to play on the last line quite a bit. none of these guys , even bale was played through on regularity

2. if you have an effective striker whose thing is based off of working the channels and movement then i would guess that you need someone able to thread a pass to him a decent amount of times. ...just cause your striker is effective doesnt mean that you shouldnt feed him as often as possible.

So what do people think our chances are of signing him? I say 60%

100% imo.....i think its almost done. Transfer fee seems to be the only issue. Barca want 12 mill, Spurs want to pay 8 mill, so 10 mill should do it:)

I must have higher standards than you. Holtby tries I'll give him that. Vertonghen can do it from deep but he tries so often that it's a matter of averages that he'll succeed doing it occasionally but he is no master at it. Sig, Lennon and Sandro? Scraping the barrel. Our most incisive through ball passers last season were Dempsey and Parker, and that massively demonstrates that we do need to purchase a player to fulfil the role because no one else at the club can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back