• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

David Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been thinking about this. i am almost certain that villa is not going to be coming to us.
infact i know he wont be.

i have been thinking about this. i am almost certain that villa is not going to be coming to us.
infact i know he wont be.

Well in that case guess we should just close the thread then eh, if africanspurs says it's not happening it's not happening.

What's your reasoning affy? (I'm guessing you're not claiming to be itk :) )

I'm doing the math and levy history correlation

the ONLY way he comes here is if the fee is under 9 million AND barcelona pay a large chunk of the wages

Otherwise this deal will NOT happen.

the ONLY way he comes here is if the fee is under 9 million AND barcelona pay a large chunk of the wages

The word a couple pages back is that the fee is very low because he is due a big payout from Barca if he enters the last year of his contract.

The word a couple pages back is that the fee is very low because he is due a big payout from Barca if he enters the last year of his contract.

Yes that coupled with Barca's v expensive splurge on Neymar means Levy might actually have them over a barrel a bit 2bh

Do you think it's all just media speculation and we're not after him? Or do you think we're going in with some real low ball offers hoping to drag it out until Barca (and Villa) cave?

Also makes me laugh when people say Villa isn't a Levy signing. Levy has long known that signing older players/injury prone players/players falling out with their clubs is a great way to improve squad quality/plug gaps on a limited budget:

Sheringham
Poyet
Zeige
Redknapp
Naybet
Costa
Gallas
Van der Vaart

All fall into this category to an extent

yeah it's a bit of a fallacy that Levy won't sign older players with no resale value. without checking id say most, if not all of our sides during his time has contained at least one of these types

yeah it's a bit of a fallacy that Levy won't sign older players with no resale value. without checking id say most, if not all of our sides during his time has contained at least one of these types

Yeah and it makes sense - what was our biggest weakness last season? Upfront. Lack of intelligence, confidence, clinical finishing - their pathetic goal return making it all the more remarkable we were anywhere near top 4 let alone losing out on the last day by a point.

A half-decent striker would have seen us cruise to CL qualification. BUT... In a world where Andy Carroll costs £35m even half-decent strikers are ridiculously expensive... But in Villa we can sign a world class one within our budget. We immediately go from being a quality side that's over reliant on Bale to a potentially superb one. Resale value or CL qualification?

Yeah and it makes sense - what was our biggest weakness last season? Upfront. Lack of intelligence, confidence, clinical finishing - their pathetic goal return making it all the more remarkable we were anywhere near top 4 let alone losing out on the last day by a point.

A half-decent striker would have seen us cruise to CL qualification. BUT... In a world where Andy Carroll costs £35m even half-decent strikers are ridiculously expensive... But in Villa we can sign a world class one within our budget. We immediately go from being a quality side that's over reliant on Bale to a potentially superb one. Resale value or CL qualification?

also buys us time to really put the effort in to finding a real up and coming forward that won't shatter our budget - now that we have Baldini and are hopefully back to looking for the next G.Bale, L.Modric etc i think this transfer, should it happen is a VERY smart move for us

If that's true then it's happy times for us here!! I get the feeling that what we're witnessing is the next step up in a journey to a very special land!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back