• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I disagree, to be honest, but can respect that position.

As I said, its my belief both Rose and Walker are really quite over rated, but then so is every player by someone!
I will say I think Davies is deceptively productive going forward, not as fast or strong running positively with the ball but definitely has the eye for a pass and has popped up with the odd goal too....

@nayim You're reading me wrong or taking my posts too literal i think - i dont get the time to type lengthy responses/posts during the day so tend to shoot from the hip more - so in my previous post ive tried to condense the argument down to what i see as the key points/differences and followed on from you saying how every time Trippier puts in a cross you're glad he's there and not Walker - for me everytime he puts in a cross im wishing Walker was there 10-20 yards further forward getting in behind the opponents and causing panic and by proxy making our central players job easier

Just...no, I dont miss Walker and havent missed Rose.

I think the issues with the team currently are more the injury list than the absence of those two. Wanyama and Dembele, for example, are huge loses to our midfield and effect everything.

Everytime Trippier puts in a peach of a cross or pass I am grateful he was there and not Walker, as Walker simply never had that in his locker.

Its not his fault if we arent getting success from those crosses/passes - Im delighted they are there though.

Davies Ive argued at length, little point going over it - but short version is I think I prefer him.

Its easy to point at a supposed lack of pace/directness/dynamism as the source of our problems.

Personally I dont think that Rose/Walker offer anywhere near as much as people assume, and also that our issues lay elsewhere.

Trippier has a better end product, of course, However, Walker was more direct and would get into better-attacking positions freeing up space for the likes of Dele to exploit. One of the reasons Dele is way off this season

Trippier has a better end product, of course, However, Walker was more direct and would get into better-attacking positions freeing up space for the likes of Dele to exploit. One of the reasons Dele is way off this season

I see the argument a lot, I just dont buy it.

Trippier makes plenty of runs. Over laps a lot, moves inside and outside a lot - and is a constant outlet.

Thats not to say Walker didnt. It is to say Trippier DOES. The argument is always structured as if its some magical ability Walker possesses that we are now missing. Which just isnt true.

And, while he may at times be more direct (if thats even quantifiable?) that you resort to "it makes space for others..." is damning with feint praise.

Trippier undoubtedly does more with the ball. And he does plenty with out it, including runs that make space. Surely thats a net positive on "is direct and makes space".

Speaking specifically in an attacking sense, of course. Right now Walker is the superior defender without question IMO.

As to Alli? Fullbacks arent the first place I would look as to why he isnt performing. I think the issue primarily centres with him, and secondly with those behind him.

The initial reports were unsubstantiated journo guff which then saw Rose come out and set the record straight - how i saw it anyway

I hope you’re right mate, I fear you’re wrong. He needs to complain in a locked toilet, where no ‘journos’ can ‘hear him’ IMO!!!!

p.s. I said ‘toilet’ but could be any small space where no-one else can get in!!!!!???!!!!![emoji15][emoji51]

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I hope you’re right mate, I fear you’re wrong. He needs to complain in a locked toilet, where no ‘journos’ can ‘hear him’ IMO!!!!

p.s. I said ‘toilet’ but could be any small space where no-one else can get in!!!!!???!!!!![emoji15][emoji51]

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Have you seen Rose recently? 'small space' will not suffice. Unless it's full of pizza.

Personally speaking I would rather Rose stay. Having said that if Poch deems that Rose should go (whether it Man United or not) I would agree with his decision. Rose and Walker are both good if not fantastic full backs, there is no doubt about that. But they were not great team mates. For Walker to say he wanted to leave when we are on a title push, just says it all. For Rose to make his comments in the manner that he did, says it all. Do we really want players like that in our team? Can that even be conducive to good squad harmony?

Trippier, Aurier and Davies may not be as good as them at the moment, but the difference is not enough to put up with that sort of behaviour. That's the decision that Poch needs to make. When have either Walker or Rose single-handedly won us a game? When have either of them lifted the team when everyone else was playing bad? Then whilst they were good players before Poch, it was only with Poch that they got to these heights. Look what Mourinho and others did to Shaw who showed equal if not more promise at a younger age. Poch will be able to do the same with other players and that is just part and parcel of being in a club like ours.

I hope Rose stays and knuckles down and produces. But if he moves on, I wouldn't be that upset. Our club, what we stand for and what this squad represents is more important than that. Poch has a meritocracy, and that cannot be bent or adjusted for any player, because it all comes tumbling down otherwise.

Personally speaking I would rather Rose stay. Having said that if Poch deems that Rose should go (whether it Man United or not) I would agree with his decision. Rose and Walker are both good if not fantastic full backs, there is no doubt about that. But they were not great team mates. For Walker to say he wanted to leave when we are on a title push, just says it all. For Rose to make his comments in the manner that he did, says it all. Do we really want players like that in our team? Can that even be conducive to good squad harmony?

Trippier, Aurier and Davies may not be as good as them at the moment, but the difference is not enough to put up with that sort of behaviour. That's the decision that Poch needs to make. When have either Walker or Rose single-handedly won us a game? When have either of them lifted the team when everyone else was playing bad? Then whilst they were good players before Poch, it was only with Poch that they got to these heights. Look what Mourinho and others did to Shaw who showed equal if not more promise at a younger age. Poch will be able to do the same with other players and that is just part and parcel of being in a club like ours.

I hope Rose stays and knuckles down and produces. But if he moves on, I wouldn't be that upset. Our club, what we stand for and what this squad represents is more important than that. Poch has a meritocracy, and that cannot be bent or adjusted for any player, because it all comes tumbling down otherwise.

Absolutely right. Particularly on your top point. I don't think Walker has got enough stick for how he handled himself to be honest. He could have still gotten his move to Emirates Marketing Project if he just waited until the end of the season to say he wanted to go. Maybe he was terrified they'd bid for someone else if he didn't hitch his skirt to them way early on, but it's a slap in the face to his team-mates. And by all accounts he was then disappointed Trippier got to play ahead of him in the biggest games? WTF? Almost as thick as Rose if you ask me.

If we allow rose to go expect more rose like interviews next summer this time questioning the club as to why have we sold the best 2 full backs in the league. It's all well and good getting told we are building something great under poch if we continue to sell our better players and replace with inferior however you want to dress it up we will go backwards.

If we allow rose to go expect more rose like interviews next summer this time questioning the club as to why have we sold the best 2 full backs in the league. It's all well and good getting told we are building something great under poch if we continue to sell our better players and replace with inferior however you want to dress it up we will go backwards.
Unless those 'better' players are harmful to squad morale and spirit, which means that offloading them, while weakening us temporarily in terms of quality, strengthens our squad until, making us a better team in the long run.

Hold on to Rose and he just does enough to stay in the squad until the right bid comes is pointless.
He must want to stay, which I doubt and we can get top money for him.
We must consider selling.

Personally speaking I would rather Rose stay. Having said that if Poch deems that Rose should go (whether it Man United or not) I would agree with his decision. Rose and Walker are both good if not fantastic full backs, there is no doubt about that. But they were not great team mates. For Walker to say he wanted to leave wrubhen we are on a title push, just says it all. For Rose to make his comments in the manner that he did, says it all. Do we really want players like that in our team? Can that even be conducive to good squad harmony?

And therein lies the rub

Nail on head

What would you do then if a bid comes in for Rose and he wants to leave/becomes a problem behind the scene?

Rose apart, I don't see any of these players complaining about walker going. Look at how the real players are talking (Kane, alli, eriksen, verts, lloris) right now. That's how a team player talks to the press.

I thought he was bang average last night. Not bad, but certainly not good either.

And he really didnt need to react as he did when he went off. I know he is aggressive but that could easily have backfired and become a red.

I think it was very notable that Walker-Peters, a right footed rookie, came on and performed AT LEAST as well.

I keep hearing about how Rose is so dynamic, how he adds to our attack, makes space, drives at people, pushes the other team back - I saw literally none of that last night. On a night when, against a poor side, he should have really been able to show what he can do.

Of course, one game does not a player make, but honestly I expected more from him.

Poch now has the perfect media response to not picking him for Stoke...

"It is true that Danny receive a cut and needed minor surgery. For now it is true we have to assess the player. I tell Danny to be brave." :p

I thought Rose looked motivated last night. If he's motivated for proving himself to Pochettino or if he's motivated to prove himself worthy of a huge wage bump elsewhere is difficult to judge though.

I don't see anything out of character with what happened last night.

Back