• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Danny Rose dismissed fresh suggestions of a row with Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino during Wednesday's Champions League win over Apoel Nicosia, and insisted there has never been a problem between them.

Rose exchanged words with Pochettino and headed straight down the tunnel after being replaced with 20 minutes remaining of Spurs' 3-0 win at Wembley.

The left-back had been left bloodied and booked after an altercation with Apoel's Roland Sallai but he soon re-emerged with stitches above his left eye and took his place on the bench, with Pochettino saying afterwards it was "impossible" for him to play on.

Rumours of a rift between Rose and Pochettino have been rife since the 27-year old gave an interview to a national newspaper on the eve of the season, criticising Tottenham's wage structure and transfer policy, and inviting offers from other clubs.

Rose denied he had fallen out with Pochettino after being left out of the squad for the 2-0 defeat at Arsenal last month and he reiterated that they have never clashed.

"This is getting silly now," Rose said at Wembley. "The manager said it was best I came off and I didn't want to come off. That was it. I've seen already that people are saying we exchanged words. There is no issue between me and the manager.

"There has never been an issue. And people trying to put stuff in the media is not welcomed. For the last three-and-a-half to four years, the manager has been my biggest fan. He's given me nothing but love and respect. There is no issue. There never will be an issue. People need to stop this because it's not welcomed."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/tott...auricio-pochettino-bust-up-talk-getting-silly

Good to hear. The irony of putting stuff in the media not being welcomed seems to have passed him by however.

And from the same article :
Rose is still working his way back to fitness after returning from a nine-month injury layoff in October but he is confident he will be fully up-to-speed in the New Year.
If I got through the game today, that would have been nice. I'm playing a game a week at the minute so hopefully I will get there if I stay injury-free. Once I get through this Christmas period and into the New Year, I feel I'll be 100 percent," he said.

I give it two months before he starts giving angry interviews where he refers to himself in the third-person...

I wouldnt be surprised if he was gone by then.

I think, much like Walker, the halo has slipped and he is no longer seen as irreplacable. Utd offer £50m as reported? I think we'd take that.

I certainly dont think there are any major problems, nor do I want them.

I think he brick the bed in the summer, but the club narrative is its dealt with and behind us, and he is making the team, so Ive no reason to doubt it at all.

I just think his absence has shown he isnt perhaps as essential as we once thought, at which time any silly offer will be considered. Same as Walker - Trippier wasnt as good as him, but he wasnt far behind, and that was a lot of money. Now we have Aurier at half the cost and £25m in the kitty for other bbusines = Levy 101.

I give it two months before he starts giving angry interviews where he refers to himself in the third-person...
Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
He is clearly a highly strung character steff. Would explain how he conducts himself on the pitch and mental health issues off it. He is a player who lives and plays on the edge and a damn fine one imo. But Poch knows how to manage him and by all accounts they are close. Really hope we can get him playing like before and fans will support him while he plays for us.

He is clearly a highly strung character steff. Would explain how he conducts himself on the pitch and mental health issues off it. He is a player who lives and plays on the edge and a damn fine one imo. But Poch knows how to manage him and by all accounts they are close. Really hope we can get him playing like before and fans will support him while he plays for us.

I agree with you mate...re:mental health, it has struck me that perhaps he has some deep and surfacing issues, which frankly makes me feel guilty for calling him out. IF this is the case, I hope upon hope he gets help and care; that is not a fun place and again, it would be the only mitigating circumstance I could find...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Have to admit it didnt look good at the time, and I for one, was too hasty to judge.

Good article, and hopefully thats that. Once he loses that bit of extra timber and gets 100% match fit, if he gets his head down, he could be a great asset once again.

Have to admit it didnt look good at the time, and I for one, was too hasty to judge.

Good article, and hopefully thats that. Once he loses that bit of extra timber and gets 400% match fit, if he gets his head down, he could be a great asset once again.
The optics are certainly better with Rose specifically explaining what what on and his feelings for Poch. Whom can tell what is really going on. These are still relatively young guys who have lived precious, pampered, sheltered lives with whom knows what sort of upbringing (what traumas they have suffered, what kind of parents they had and other influences), who are extremely rich and whose livelihoods are perilous every time they train and play.

It is easy to enviously think that they 'have it all' and to judge their comments, especially in this day and age where many have hair trigger judgments on what they see/hear/read.

Danny Rose said:
If I got through the game today, that would have been nice.
Yes it would Daniel, but unfortunately you decided to spin and wildly confront a player, clashed heads and came off worst and had to get stitches... perhaps that was not a wise moment. Only yourself to blame on that one.

There's still no getting away from the things he said about what he believes he's worth, about wanting to play up north, about googling players and about his perception of how he was treated in the past by Spurs fans. It's one thing to harbour those feelings but quite another to blab to the press about them, so he should not be surprised at the ongoing fall-out.

I used to be a huge admirer but I now see him in a very different light and it will take one hell of a turn around to eradicate the memory of his disloyalty.

One of the reasons the media are so eager to invent ongoing ructions is that Poch has shown once crossed there is usually no going back with him. It may be that Rose will prove the exception to the rule but with constant reports of United and potentially others circling, that is looking less and less likely.

I for one would not rue his departure but as with Walker simply regret that this is the way it has to be. Maybe the lesson is that like our own offspring our players have minds of their own and will go their own way, therefore best to step back and not identify too closely with any of them.

Sad, but probably sensible.

I used to want Rose as a captain of Spurs as I liked his attitude but this summer's action and the sheer drop in performance has erased that from my mind. For me, if Spurs want to sell him - I wouldnt complain if we got a younger dynamic replacement. Davies doesnt cut it long term for me.

One of the reasons the media are so eager to invent ongoing ructions is that Poch has shown once crossed there is usually no going back with him. It may be that Rose will prove the exception to the rule but with constant reports of United and potentially others circling, that is looking less and less likely.

While I agree with you Poch doesnt suffer fools gladly, I disagree in that being why the media are so eager to invent problems.

I think they do that because we are boring. Since Poch came in there has been no drama at all (at least, once he settled), no news comes out of the club, no real issues happen on camera, there is a single, unified message of everything being peachy and thats it.

Its media kryptonite. Its boring. They hate the lack of interesting drama off the field.

Which is why Roses comments in the summer were such a bombshell, and why the media are desperate to keep it going (with or without actual reason).

Think about it, there was some stuff coming out very early on when Poch was trying to give Ade and Kaboul and co a chance and they were trying to shaft him. But even them leaving basically went by without any real drama or fanfare, including veteran and fan favourite players such as Lennon. Not a whimper. Poch completely diffused things to the degree virtually nothing comes out of the club.

As I think about it, its probably why so many people are making a mountain out of the mole hill that is Poch's book as well...

While I agree with you Poch doesnt suffer fools gladly, I disagree in that being why the media are so eager to invent problems.

I think they do that because we are boring. Since Poch came in there has been no drama at all (at least, once he settled), no news comes out of the club, no real issues happen on camera, there is a single, unified message of everything being peachy and thats it.

Its media kryptonite. Its boring. They hate the lack of interesting drama off the field.

Which is why Roses comments in the summer were such a bombshell, and why the media are desperate to keep it going (with or without actual reason).

Think about it, there was some stuff coming out very early on when Poch was trying to give Ade and Kaboul and co a chance and they were trying to shaft him. But even them leaving basically went by without any real drama or fanfare, including veteran and fan favourite players such as Lennon. Not a whimper. Poch completely diffused things to the degree virtually nothing comes out of the club.

As I think about it, its probably why so many people are making a mountain out of the mole hill that is Poch's book as well...
Some excellent points and I mostly agree but I'd still argue the main reason the media rottweilers are inventing stuff around this is because of their expectation that despite his protestations Poch is about to get rid in the coming window.

So it's not just because to them we are kryptonite, true though that may be. The difference is Rose has already blabbed twice so it's like they have the scent of more tasty morsels; there's no way they are going to let this thing go until they have drawn more blood.

Besides, either way it really doesn't matter, to the media invention and regurgitation is already a guarantee of more clicks and sales so why wouldn't they continue to gnaw away at it?

Back