• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

I think that's a fair criticism. I think it takes balls to stick to a strategy no matter the circumstances that are affecting the club at the time and clearly he's played with the DoF, and managers/coaches who have fairly different approaches to the game so in that sense, he's not built a "spurs" way. I would say though that barring Redknapp and Sherwood, each of his appointments were made with the intention of making us better.

If I were in his position, I would also struggle to determine just how you would approach appointing a manager who is effectively required to make the club punch above its weight. Do you go for a Swansea type model (excluding Bob Bradley) where they have a defined style of play and therefore only certain types of managers works, or do you try different managers to see what works.

Regardless, I would still contend that without last night's result, Levy is one of the best chairmen in the world. You do need a bit of luck to succeed, but he has also had some bad luck. The emergence of Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project as an example.

I agree

Appointing Poch and the stadium deal are all more recent. He has become a very good chairman of this club. And the fact he is clearly a fan does stand out. Let's hope he continues to push us to more success.

One thing I would say about Levy (and I'm another one who hasn't forgiven or forgotten the way Jol got treated) is you do get the impression he's learned from every mistake. He definitely isn't a fool-me-twice kind of a guy.

You only have to compare him to the previous man in charge to understand how good he is and how lucky we are to have him. Although Mr Sugar saved us from Robert Maxwell, for that I will always be grateful.

On the Jol thing , I loved the big guy and was disappointed with the way it turned out. But in his interviews post Spurs, Jol always speaks warmly about his relationship with Levy. Whereas AVB, in his typically petulant way, seems quite bitter towards Levy.

You only have to compare him to the previous man in charge to understand how good he is and how lucky we are to have him. Although Mr Sugar saved us from Robert Maxwell, for that I will always be grateful.

On the Jol thing , I loved the big guy and was disappointed with the way it turned out. But in his interviews post Spurs, Jol always speaks warmly about his relationship with Levy. Whereas AVB, in his typically petulant way, seems quite bitter towards Levy.

Me too.

I'd argue to just compare him to any other chairman in the league

- Count out the doping sides
- Watch the Scum's slide from genuine title contenders to cash cow with 4th place trophy
- Look at Pool's spend and complete failure to even establish themselves as best of rest
- Watch our traditional rivals like Everton, Villa, Saudi Sportswashing Machine
- The flavor of month chairmen, Swansea, Leicester, Southampton, etc (who get the praise each year then disappear to relegation battles shortly after)

Look at the genuine world class players we have seen in last 7-10 years, Berbatov, Modric, VDV, Bale, Lloris, with new group of potentials (Dele, Kane, etc)
Investments in club, training ground, stadium, area, charity, etc. I don't think it's a close comparison

I think Pch is the manager Levy has always wanted, young, progressive, system based, willing to develop youth and working with mostly English base. Juande, AVB, Poch were all attempts at same system, Harry was a bit more pragmatic what the club needs in the moment that paid off bigger than expected.

Not sure where to put this, but the Daily Mail report that "Tottenham, rather remarkably, have a net spend of only £1m since 2012-13.

That's because they've bought £315.45m worth of players but also sold £314.45m.

It was in 2013 when Real Madrid paid £85m for Gareth Bale. It is understood they had to hand Tottenham more money after Bale helped the Spanish club win the Champions League, too.

That chunk of change was spent on several players but Tottenham have shown they know how to balance the books.

They are building a new stadium for £750m and so need to be shrewd. With chairman Daniel Levy in charge of talks, they are indeed that."

TOTAL IN AND OUT
PLAYERS BOUGHT: £315.45m

PLAYERS SOLD: £314.45m

NET SPEND: +£1m

By way of comparison in the same period:

Emirates Marketing Project

PLAYERS BOUGHT: £565.65m

PLAYERS SOLD: £163.1m

NET SPEND: +£402.55m

MANCHESTER UNITED

PLAYERS BOUGHT: £528.8m

PLAYERS SOLD: £160.15m

NET SPEND: +£368.65m

ARSENAL

PLAYERS BOUGHT: £298.34m

PLAYERS SOLD: £92.45m

NET SPEND: +£205.89m

CHELSEA

PLAYERS BOUGHT: £507.45m

PLAYERS SOLD: £315.15m

NET SPEND: +£192.3m

LIVERPOOL

PLAYERS BOUGHT: £365.6m

PLAYERS SOLD: £244.08m

NET SPEND: +£121.52m

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-cash-Arsenal-s-net-spends.html#ixzz4W8ieI5Kg

Last edited:
If someone agrees to pay more, the prices for the same/similar product (i.e fotballer) will increase and create inflation.

Technically true but inflation is measurable

If I agree to pay £100 for something you agree to pay £50 for, that isn't inflation at 100% unless it's a constant

As a one for off purchase it's purely a transaction

If all players were constant then I would agree

As always, better indicator of a club's management should be

- Total Spend
- Net Spend
- Total Wages
- Average position in league over 3-5 years compared to position above

That's when you will see how miserable a job Manure & Pool are actually doing vs. the other top 6 clubs.

Out of top 6, we would be best at return on investment.

Back