• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Your obsession with levy is kinda odd now
IMO football chairman should be albeit unknown. One of the worst things that’s happened to the game is everyone now knows everyone’s names, history, family etc…
Can you name the MD of the company you spend most of your money with? His or her family history? it was never important but now it’s all that seems to matter

and your first paragraph again is just odd. You have never met the guy. Never seen him in meetings etc and you base it on 2 or 3 interviews

why would he want to do interviews when the whole thing would be judged. Judge him on what happens on and off the pitch. Have an opinion on that as that’s fair game. That’s his responsibility.

I can, Tim Cook :)

Good question. The way I see it is that Munn is ‘working’ right now. The DOF reports into him and implements his vision, so in the interim I imagine he’s picking up some of the key responsibilities of that role. Just like any other business if a key director leaves, others step in. It ensures some level of continuity.

So at the moment, football responsibilities are sat with a person who’s been here 5 mins and has no premier league experience. Or Levy.

And one of those decisions has resulted in Nagelsmann being swerved - as @Glenda's Legs says - it might be the other way round, but even then it will be because we weren’t able to agree to his ‘demands’ - either due to not wanting to, or the current decision makers our end being unqualified to.

Mind bending isn’t it.

Yeah I’m on a bit of a warpath. Renewals in 2 weeks. I’ve always been 100% yes - I just hate what I’m seeing at the moment. Spurs could quite easily become a team I follow on the TV and I go and throw my £ and time at a non league team.

Might sound extreme but they are taking the absolute p!ss imo.

So at the moment, football responsibilities are sat with a person who’s been here 5 mins and has no premier league experience. Or Levy.

And one of those decisions has resulted in Nagelsmann being swerved - as @Glenda's Legs says - it might be the other way round, but even then it will be because we weren’t able to agree to his ‘demands’ - either due to not wanting to, or the current decision makers our end being unqualified to.

Mind bending isn’t it.

Yeah I’m on a bit of a warpath. Renewals in 2 weeks. I’ve always been 100% yes - I just hate what I’m seeing at the moment. Spurs could quite easily become a team I follow on the TV and I go and throw my £ and time at a non league team.

I already stopped spending my money at spurs as of last year. Happy to go when I want and can. Saved lots of money, the club is slowly making me turn off football.

Mind bending isn’t it.

it’s not extreme at all, it’s your money, and it’s only football

Mind bending isn’t it.

The Paratici business has thrown a huge spoke in the wheels. I know there is a view that such a situation should have been anticipated and the Board should have had an alternative lined up in case Paratici had to leave, but I'm not sure that would have been quite so easy or feasible in practice, given we would presumably have stuck with Paratici if he were cleared of the charges.
We just have to hope that the DoF position is sorted quickly otherwise we are in for a long, frustrating summer.

Mind bending isn’t it.

Fair question and fair frustrations TBH

I think on an executive level footballs more universal than say playing, I mean as someone that looks over the fence at other leagues you know who the good managers are and who are not so the not having PL experience is not as drastic as say if he was a striker we had purchased from America to replace Kane IMO

Fair question and fair frustrations TBH

I think on an executive level footballs more universal than say playing, I mean as someone that looks over the fence at other leagues you know who the good managers are and who are not so the not having PL experience is not as drastic as say if he was a striker we had purchased from America to replace Kane IMO

Plenty of good South American strikers perhaps?

You are blaming Levy for the above. Guys step back and away from football. When you have found your balance, return. You are remembering Pochettino at one point. Now think back to the Pochettino in his last 13 months. You really want that Pochettino back? Do the players want that guy back? Do the youth squad want that guy back? To say this is something bad for Spurs and then to blame Levy because you didn't get your way - LOL. And for your info I do have problems with Daniel on the timing of his firing Mourinho.

Utter nonsense that we dont have a DoF in place. Paratici's departure was highly likely. We should have been ready to jump asap.
This. Levy's had all the time in the world to get a dof AND a new coach, all the warning signs were there.

If he is one of the highest paid chairman in the Epl, it confirms he hasn't got the same priorities as the fans.

Maybe his odd behaviour is simply due to him knowing that he is incompetent in footballing matters and pay that doesn't follow footballing achievements (or lack thereof). But we will never know will we.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

That's...quite a post. You've come to the conclusion that Daniel Levy might be autistic based on a few interviews?

Not quite - more 20 long years of public comms, appearances and descriptions of how he behaves by people who work with him. And yes, he *might* be on the spectrum is the right term - I freely admit I cannot diagnose him with anything myself. Just that it wouldn't surprise me if he was. Indeed, *if* he was, I sympathize - I know how tough it can be.

And if he is on the spectrum, so fudging what, there are plenty of people on the spectrum that are at the top of their field and successful (like Levy).

Don't dispute that one bit - like I said, not meant to be derogatory **at all**, just a guess on my part.

Though I strongly dispute that Levy is 'successful' as a chairman of THFC - very successful at boosting his boss's investment value, 100%. As a steward of a club? Successful at paying himself the highest salary in world football, I suppose. And more people are seeing that now, and thank GHod for that.

why would he want to do interviews when the whole thing would be judged. Judge him on what happens on and off the pitch. Have an opinion on that as that’s fair game. That’s his responsibility.

Oh, I know why he doesn't do interviews - I still remember his Baghdad Bob style propagandizing in that terrible club interview in the summer of 2021 (which we are now on course to repeat, btw). I suspect in a non-congenial setting with someone asking him questions we want to see asked as fans, the man would not do well.

Like I said above, don't take my guess as derogatory - if anything, it gives me a little sympathy for him.

I think @DubaiSpur it's a little irresponsible for you to say that he is on the spectrum. You are not a trained medical professional and even if you were your diagnosis is based on a snippet in reality.

Sigh. I didn't say he was, mate. In fact I explicitly said I wasn't saying he was or wasn't - just that it wouldn't surprise me. I said it to head off the people who I know would jump to accusing me of diagnosing the man, which I obviously cannot do.

Not quite - more 20 long years of public comms, appearances and descriptions of how he behaves by people who work with him. And yes, he *might* be on the spectrum is the right term - I freely admit I cannot diagnose him with anything myself. Just that it wouldn't surprise me if he was. Indeed, *if* he was, I sympathize - I know how tough it can be.

Don't dispute that one bit - like I said, not meant to be derogatory **at all**, just a guess on my part.

Though I strongly dispute that Levy is 'successful' as a chairman of THFC - very successful at boosting his boss's investment value, 100%. As a steward of a club? Successful at paying himself the highest salary in world football, I suppose. And more people are seeing that now, and thank GHod for that.

Oh, I know why he doesn't do interviews - I still remember his Baghdad Bob style propagandizing in that terrible club interview in the summer of 2021 (which we are now on course to repeat, btw). I suspect in a non-congenial setting with someone asking him questions we want to see asked as fans, the man would not do well.

Like I said above, don't take my guess as derogatory - if anything, it gives me a little sympathy for him.

Sigh. I didn't say he was, mate. In fact I explicitly said I wasn't saying he was or wasn't - just that it wouldn't surprise me. I said it to head off the people who I know would jump to accusing me of diagnosing the man, which I obviously cannot do.
What chairman do interviews?
I can’t think of one decent one off the top of my head

I’ll have a look at these
Looks like theh Are they all on their offical club YouTube channels
You really think that’s an interview???

Nope. Look again. Sky Sports, NBC, Associated Press, The Athletic, BBC...these folks go out and explain themselves to actual journalists, mate. More than we do, anyway.

Our guy sticks to that supine club interviewer once every few years, or the Cambridge Debating Society. Hooray.

Nope. Look again. Sky Sports, NBC, Associated Press, The Athletic, BBC...these folks go out and explain themselves to actual journalists, mate. More than we do, anyway.

Our guy sticks to that supine club interviewer once every few years, or the Cambridge Debating Society. Hooray.
All the ones I clicked on were club YouTube’s
I didn’t look further down
As I say… your obsession with it all is a bit odd to me but you keep on going for it.

I would love Levy to talk more, would help his own cause I think

Not sure I would want him to go down the route of the lairy yank or outspoken journalist killer but he certainly could do more of it for sure

All the ones I clicked on were club YouTube’s
I didn’t look further down
As I say… your obsession with it all is a bit odd to me but you keep on going for it.

Look further down mate. Proper journos tend to do long form interviews, not Youtube videos. But there are YT videos as well - NBCSN, Sky Sports, BBC and so on. Other chairmen don't hide quite as much.

As for the second bit, Levy and Lewis are at the heart of everything wrong with the club, and the biggest single barrier to us competing.

Nothing else even comes close - bad management comes and goes, bad players come and go, but useless owners like ENIC remain millstones around our neck for decades.

That's why I hold the views I do, mate. Not much can change at the club until they do.

Back