• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

So is the DoF more important than the manager himself? I'm a little confused and not being a taco
I think it's important that the DOF who has to work with the manager and vice versa has some input into who that manager is going to be yeh.

I would also suggest managers want to know who they are going to be working with before committing

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

So is the DoF more important than the manager himself? I'm a little confused and not being a taco

One of the main reasons we won't be going for Poch (and most likely he won't be looking for us too hard right now) is how we're structured. Too many old ghosts in the mix. I think we need to offer anyone coming in a clear path both in terms of vision and communication with regards to who is going to be making football decisions. I am hopeful Munn is top of that new-ish mountain.

One of the main reasons we won't be going for Poch (and most likely he won't be looking for us too hard right now) is how we're structured. Too many old ghosts in the mix. I think we need to offer anyone coming in a clear path both in terms of vision and communication with regards to who is going to be making football decisions. I am hopeful Munn is top of that new-ish mountain.

Who are the "old ghosts" and why do you think they've been around too long?

Precisely, makes no sense putting that together to then appoint outside it. I prefer us to get the DOF and manager who are in Munns vision than Levys....

I prefer us to get the DOF and manager who are in Munns vision than Levys....

No problem with that. Timing is a challenge though given Munn isnt in the door yet, even if he is working whilst he shouldnt be (gardening leave)....and then we need to get the DoF in...then the manager...and all with a big window coming up

Massive challenge...!

No problem with that. Timing is a challenge though given Munn isnt in the door yet, even if he is working whilst he shouldnt be (gardening leave)....and then we need to get the DoF in...then the manager...and all with a big window coming up

Massive challenge...!
Depends where we are in that process though, the should or should not be working isn't a concern I'm hung up on as it seems to be happening, once things move they can in theory happen pretty sharpish, in theory. Season isn't over for another 2 weeks, if less is clear by then in might become more concerned

Depends where we are in that process though, the should or should not be working isn't a concern I'm hung up on as it seems to be happening, once things move they can in theory happen pretty sharpish, in theory. Season isn't over for another 2 weeks, if less is clear by then in might become more concerned

Agreed with your final sentence.

Guess Poch sees Chelsea as a better prospect and I can't blame him. Better joining THFC to build a career as an events manager or f&b operations head these days. Always thought loyalty in professional football was overrated.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Who are the "old ghosts" and why do you think they've been around too long?

Donna Cullen is one. She has consistently buffered Levy and 'advised' him. This info is now freely circulating. I think to an extent you have to look at the entire upper exec team.I actually don't think Levy makes purposefully bad football decisions, more than I personally believes it is a bit of a cold spot and he is a bit of a social cold fish when it comes reading the odd dynamics of such situations. He is a world class businessman, probably one of the very best in football. What he has achieved fiscally for our club is incredible, let alone the new Crucible of Cash! However, at key moments, he has needed better advice when it comes to football affairs. Again, in fairness to Levy he was all over the DoF structure when he brought Arnesen in. I believe he thought that he would be with us for a long time. Chelsea fudged us, and him, just like Frank did. And I'd say the experience stung him hugely.
With regards to Poch, the same delegations who crept into footballing affairs remain at the club. I think it was always going to be incredibly hard to accomodate him again, and vica-versa.
Finally, once again I have a certain sympathy for Levy with Conte. I think he got out-smarted there, albeit he must've known what was on the cards! And if he didn't, well, his DoF and fellow exec board members should've been advising him of what he was getting when he hired him.
I am hopeful that the Munn move is his way of again trying to hand the reigns over double - Munn being a bridge between the board and incoming DoF, and thus the DoF with the manager/coach.

I actually don't think Levy makes purposefully bad football decisions, more than I personally believes it is a bit of a cold spot and he is a bit of a social cold fish when it comes reading the odd dynamics of such situations.

Yep. Personally I suspect (and I don't mean this in a derogatory way *at all*) that he's on the spectrum. Just the way he comes across, his intense need for privacy compared to the more flamboyant chairmen out there, his inability to read a room or understand sentiment, his seemingly forced communication approach during interviews and that Amazon doc...the way he treated Poch at the end. Wouldn't surprise me if he was a high-functioning autist who struggles with social situations in general - I know from family experience that those can be a real struggle, and I feel for the man if so in a world as extroverted as football.

Mind, it doesn't change my opinion that he's an utterly mediocre deadweight - nothing 'world class' about him except for his salary, and he and his tax exile boss have spent years actively hurting the club I love.

But it's allowed me to understand his actions and mindset a bit better, and I wouldn't be surprised if it were true (note: *if it were true*. I'm not saying he is or is not possessed of ASD, just that it wouldn't surprise me).

Yep. Personally I suspect (and I don't mean this in a derogatory way *at all*) that he's on the spectrum. Just the way he comes across, his intense need for privacy compared to the more flamboyant chairmen out there, his inability to read a room or understand sentiment, his seemingly forced communication approach during interviews and that Amazon doc...the way he treated Poch at the end. Wouldn't surprise me if he was a high-functioning autist who struggles with social situations in general - I know from family experience that those can be a real struggle, and I feel for the man if so in a world as extroverted as football.

Mind, it doesn't change my opinion that he's an utterly mediocre deadweight - nothing 'world class' about him except for his salary, and he and his tax exile boss have spent years actively hurting the club I love.

But it's allowed me to understand his actions and mindset a bit better, and I wouldn't be surprised if it were true (note: *if it were true*. I'm not saying he is or is not possessed of ASD, just that it wouldn't surprise me).

That's...quite a post. You've come to the conclusion that Daniel Levy might be autistic based on a few interviews?

There’s quite a few people on this thread (as recently as yesterday) saying we are waiting for the DOF to be appointed so they can work on the correct manager to bring in.

If that were the case, why/how did we rule out Nagelsmann?

There’s quite a few people on this thread (as recently as yesterday) saying we are waiting for the DOF to be appointed so they can work on the correct manager to bring in.

It's a fair question, but then there's also the view that it was Nagelsmann rejecting us, not us ruling him out - until after he had already rejected us.

I guess the plain truth is no one knows the full picture. It would be very dull if we had to wait until we did before commenting, but the downside is that's how unfounded rumours (of all kinds/sides) take hold.

Good question. The way I see it is that Munn is ‘working’ right now. The DOF reports into him and implements his vision, so in the interim I imagine he’s picking up some of the key responsibilities of that role. Just like any other business if a key director leaves, others step in. It ensures some level of continuity.

The amount of ignorance in that post... There is nothing to suggest he is or isn't on the spectrum in his interviews. Just like with the neurotypical population, those on the spectrum have all sorts of personalities.
How do you know he hasn't got the ability to read a room or understand sentiment? Have you spent time with him? Spent time in a social setting with him?
There are flamboyant chairmen and there are also those that you don't hear a word about and are also private.

And if he is on the spectrum, so fudging what, there are plenty of people on the spectrum that are at the top of their field and successful (like Levy).

Your obsession with levy is kinda odd now
IMO football chairman should be albeit unknown. One of the worst things that’s happened to the game is everyone now knows everyone’s names, history, family etc…
Can you name the MD of the company you spend most of your money with? His or her family history? it was never important but now it’s all that seems to matter

and your first paragraph again is just odd. You have never met the guy. Never seen him in meetings etc and you base it on 2 or 3 interviews

why would he want to do interviews when the whole thing would be judged. Judge him on what happens on and off the pitch. Have an opinion on that as that’s fair game. That’s his responsibility.

He does come across a little socially awkward infront of the cameras, and obviously doesn't like to be in the media ... nothing wrong with that.

However his decisions, timescales and appointments will always keep his name in the press and discussions.

I think @DubaiSpur it's a little irresponsible for you to say that he is on the spectrum. You are not a trained medical professional and even if you were your diagnosis is based on a snippet in reality.

Back