• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

The WBA chairman has criticized Levy for bidding so late in the transfer window for Berahino that it leaves West Brom so little time to find a replacement.

Seeing as they have got four other forwards ( two which have been brought in over the last coupe of weeks) I think he is just flapping his gums.

And he already has his replacement. In his position, I would not be doing any different to what he is currently. I'd put the pressure on the buying club and the player to make it look like my club was not being pushed around. I wouldn't want a reputation for letting go of my assets easily. I'd also want to be sure that I've squeezed the buyer for every penny they have.

I'd be doing things a bit differently, there wouldn't be a quote to the press for a start, just a simple statement that the player is under contract to the club, there certainly wouldn't be official tweets and if the manager was leaving him out it would be for an "injury" not an admittance that the player wanted out

also if the club that had two bids rejected started looking elsewhere I wouldn't immediately feel the need to mouth off to get the story back to front and centre, that's a move that suggests panic

he's obviously come up with a plan and he's trying really really hard, but he should have practiced against someone else first, this is like buying a set of boxing gloves from the Argos catalog and poking klitchko in the eye

I'd be doing things a bit differently, there wouldn't be a quote to the press for a start, just a simple statement that the player is under contract to the club, there certainly wouldn't be official tweets and if the manager was leaving him out it would be for an "injury" not an admittance that the player wanted out

also if the club that had two bids rejected started looking elsewhere I wouldn't immediately feel the need to mouth off to get the story back to front and centre, that's a move that suggests panic

he's obviously come up with a plan and he's trying really really hard, but he should have practiced against someone else first, this is like buying a set of boxing gloves from the Argos catalog and poking klitchko in the eye

You're right, I wouldn't be acting this out in public, but I would be pushing Levy hard and I certainly would have this drag till the last moment so long as it didn't look like they were losing interest.

Love the Klitchko analogy!

You're right, I wouldn't be acting this out in public, but I would be pushing Levy hard and I certainly would have this drag till the last moment so long as it didn't look like they were losing interest.

Love the Klitchko analogy!

absolutely, the problem is he seems to be revelling in it, which doesn't do West Brom any favours, think back to when we sold Bale, we didn't hear a thing from the club until
it was done and Levy was nowhere to be seen

absolutely, the problem is he seems to be revelling in it, which doesn't do West Brom any favours, think back to when we sold Bale, we didn't hear a thing from the club until

That's one of the reasons why I like Levy. Unlike some other chairman, he doesn't seek the limelight.

Trying to make himself look good in the eyes of his own supporters would be my guess.

he actively avoids it, I'm sure it's mostly the kind of person he is, it doesn't hurt his image as a hard negotiator though does it

Exactly. The major blot against him imho is the treatment of Jol. I don't think that was the right way of going about things.

he was discreet from the off as I recall, Buchler was the original ENIC mouthpiece

it's long time ago though so I may have misremembered

Never forget that night.
Maybe that was the night he learnt to be more discreet.

I think it was. It was very strange as I thought that their relationship was always quite good. He had bought Jol a Porsche 911 as a gift/bonus for the team doing well during Jol's time. Bizarre. At least he hasn't repeated that mistake!

he was discreet from the off as I recall, Buchler was the original ENIC mouthpiece

it's long time ago though so I may have misremembered

I recall Levy, along with Kemsley and I think Commoli, looking much less than discreet during the Getafe game, smirking their tits off; when it word was going round that BMJ had been sacked but none the wiser, or not been officially told.

Low.

I recall Levy, along with Kemsley and I think Commoli, looking much less than discreet during the Getafe game, smirking their tits off; when it word was going round that BMJ had been sacked but none the wiser, or not been officially told.

Low.

I don't remember the smirking, but I do remember the pictures with Ramos whilst Jol was still in the job and I think Jol found out by a text message from a friend.
It was very low.

I wonder if Levy will ever consider writing a autobiography. Can you imagine the amounts of insight. What really happen with BMJ, who he should have signed etc etc. Would be fascinating. Of course people in his position never need to pen such an expose and he doesn't seek the limelight.

I wonder if Levy will ever consider writing a autobiography. Can you imagine the amounts of insight. What really happen with BMJ, who he should have signed etc etc. Would be fascinating. Of course people in his position never need to pen such an expose and he doesn't seek the limelight.

It would be an interesting read. I've just read "Sick as a Parrot" which is about the inside story of the Irving Scholar reign. Although not directly from Scholar himself it was quite interesting. Particularly his "vision" and how he "backed" his managers. I've also read "Behind Closed Doors" which is Irving's own recount of his time. To tell you the truth, it has made me warm to him a bit more as he was obviously a big fan.

However, he risked the very existence of this club and for a supposed successful buisnessman, that is just unacceptable. What owners need to realise is that they are custodian's of the football club and their primary objective has to be to leave the club in a better position than when they found it and certainly in a position where it can continue to exist for a long time and certainly beyond them, their offspring and their offspring's offspring!

Have any of you considered that another chairman has simply had enough of him and is genuinely backing out of this deal. When was the last time levy pulled a rabbit out of the hat with regards to a transfer. The last 5 years we have done very little in the transfer market.

Selling duds for knock off prices was a great development in him learning from mistakes yet this impasse over berahino and a lack of a striker is really harming us and could even potentially derail our season.

Lose against a good everton side on sat then we're in a must win game at the stadium of light.... It shouldn't have come to this

Have any of you considered that another chairman has simply had enough of him and is genuinely backing out of this deal. When was the last time levy pulled a rabbit out of the hat with regards to a transfer. The last 5 years we have done very little in the transfer market.

Selling duds for knock off prices was a great development in him learning from mistakes yet this impasse over berahino and a lack of a striker is really harming us and could even potentially derail our season.

Lose against a good everton side on sat then we're in a must win game at the stadium of light.... It shouldn't have come to this

Well there was the infamous 7. There was Modric, Berbatov, Ade and Sandro. It is all about opinions, but I don't think that it is fair to say that it is Levy's sole responsibility to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

As for the lack of striker harming us, it may be. However, he is taking the longer term view and ensuring that if he is going to be spending £20+m, it is not going to be a waste like the Soldaldo signing was.

There's plenty of games in the season for us to turn it around.

Back