• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

I'm trying to make an argument for late buisness costing us points, so naturally, i pick out the facts that suggests it. Just like you did to prove the opposite in your post. Tbf you made a lot of good points that I'd forgotten, like Luka sulking in the beginning of one season. We've been so close to CL so many times, and every point counts. Imo late buisness have cost us in the past, and this season. Probably not every season mentioned though. There are lots of reasons for us falling short, but late buisness is easier to do something about than players sulking or Hart having the game of his life.

But they're not facts at all. It's a manipulated twisted look to try and prove a point, it fools no one. The best way to make a convincing case is to be as open and objective as possible, in fact that's how opinions should be formed.

But they're not facts at all. It's a manipulated twisted look to try and prove a point, it fools no one. The best way to make a convincing case is to be as open and objective as possible, in fact that's how opinions should be formed.
Whatever, man...

Conversely, new signing Alderweireld played and gave away a needless penalty, leading to the collapse against Stoke.

It goes both ways, there are no guarantees. "New signings = wins" simply isn't a nuanced enough argument to be convincing.
Never said new signings = wins, but having a complete squad at the start of the season improves the chances of getting of to a good start.

Don't worry its a common communist tactic to beat off those wishing to talk out. Thankfully we don't live in North Korea or they would have been knocking on our doors by now.

You shall not have a voice.. PMSL

We will beat you down with reply after reply even though it makes sense in our heads. The more replys the more likely they don't read it and surrender.

But we will back each other up by clicking like to make out we know what the fcuk we are talking about.

And even if we come a cropper, we make brick up to make it look right. And then click Like to that also.

And even then.. we shall be willing to go through with a fine tooth comb knowing they will not be bothered.. they will be silenced.

HAHAHAHA ;)

Back to Ham sandwich.

Barnsley - Everton 2-0 half time. Starting second half now. Tv cameras zooming in on posters from Everton supporters "Kenwright out, 20 years without trophies". They won the league in 85 and 87. Now they have an old stadium with no chance (as I know) of doing it bigger. And its looking they have no hope of building a new one as Liverpool went for an expansion of Anfield instead. And no money.
20 years ago they were more successful than us, now their future is looking very bleak compared to our club.

Barnsley - Everton 2-0 half time. Starting second half now. Tv cameras zooming in on posters from Everton supporters "Kenwright out, 20 years without trophies". They won the league in 85 and 87. Now they have an old stadium with no chance (as I know) of doing it bigger. And its looking they have no hope of building a new one as Liverpool went for an expansion of Anfield instead. And no money.
20 years ago they were more successful than us, now their future is looking very bleak compared to our club.

Kenwright is a great chairman. Supports his managers.

2928434.jpg

I'm not after Kenwright, I look to more of the total situation, the future of the club. I know Levy has his flaws, I havent agreed with everything he's done. I almost cried when WHL sang to Jol during the Derby match when everyone knew he would get sacked.
But still, Levy has done brilliantly for the club in so many ways. I cant see many others doing what he has done - within "real" economic rules.

Last edited:
I'm not after Kenwright, I look more of the total situation, the future of the club. I know Levy has his flaws, I havent agreed with everything he's done. I almost cried when WHL sang to him during the Derby match when everyone knew he would get sacked.
But still, Levy has done brilliantly for the club in so many ways. I cant see many others doing what he has done - within "real" economic rules.

Which everyone should be doing when rating clubs and chairmen and comparing them.

Never said new signings = wins, but having a complete squad at the start of the season improves the chances of getting of to a good start.

Exactly. You could all of your business done before the season starts and there's no guarantee, but you'd have to think that going into say Stoke at home for example with at least 1 fit striker on the bench if Kane were to go off injured is better than none surely?

I really wish the window would close before the season starts.

Exactly. You could all of your business done before the season starts and there's no guarantee, but you'd have to think that going into say Stoke at home for example with at least 1 fit striker on the bench if Kane were to go off injured is better than none surely?

I really wish the window would close before the season starts.

I don't think you would get any football person argue with that other than the practicalities of doing so (league starting on different weeks)

The key for any side is what you end up with after the window not before as all clubs have in and outs

If we can save a few million on one deal that means we can do another and that benefits us for the remainder of the season then surely that makes sense?!?!

This season is unusual due it the early start of it so its 4 games before the window closes

What I would say is that there has been some quality brought by some sides, some gambles and some ability dross but we don't really know until next May... So it's short sighted for anyone to highlight success or failure of the transfers after 3 games

I don't think you would get any football person argue with that other than the practicalities of doing so (league starting on different weeks)

The key for any side is what you end up with after the window not before as all clubs have in and outs

If we can save a few million on one deal that means we can do another and that benefits us for the remainder of the season then surely that makes sense?!?!

This season is unusual due it the early start of it so its 4 games before the window closes

What I would say is that there has been some quality brought by some sides, some gambles and some ability dross but we don't really know until next May... So it's short sighted for anyone to highlight success or failure of the transfers after 3 games

The fact is, you can't buy players during the majority of the season so I don't see why it can't remain shut before the first 3-4 games.

Must say I'm impressed with Levy, or whomever deserves the credit if we manage to get Son. Surely an equally unrealistic signing as Kramer. Key player in a CL side.

The WBA chairman has criticized Levy for bidding so late in the transfer window for Berahino that it leaves West Brom so little time to find a replacement.

The WBA chairman has criticized Levy for bidding so late in the transfer window for Berahino that it leaves West Brom so little time to find a replacement.

as has been pointed out elsewhere, bidding so late in the window, around the same time they put in a bid for Fazio

I wouldn't pay any attention to the bloke, he's an amateur that's a couple of days away from a textbook Levying

as has been pointed out elsewhere, bidding so late in the window, around the same time they put in a bid for Fazio

I wouldn't pay any attention to the bloke, he's an amateur that's a couple of days away from a textbook Levying

And he already has his replacement. In his position, I would not be doing any different to what he is currently. I'd put the pressure on the buying club and the player to make it look like my club was not being pushed around. I wouldn't want a reputation for letting go of my assets easily. I'd also want to be sure that I've squeezed the buyer for every penny they have.

Back