• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Well, if finances are the deciding factor here then that's only 4 or 5 teams isn't it?

the logical failing here is blinding.

If everyone beats everyone they should then we will still finish 5th or 6th as the Big 4 (+perhaps Pool) will beat us and everyone below us whilst we will only beat everyone below us. You seem to expect us to win all the games we "should" but want others not too. Doesn't tally.

the logical failing here is blinding.

If everyone beats everyone they should then we will still finish 5th or 6th as the Big 4 (+perhaps Pool) will beat us and everyone below us whilst we will only beat everyone below us. You seem to expect us to win all the games we "should" but want others not too. Doesn't tally.

This is what I get for jumping into discussions on here whilst at work! :p

Obviously I'm not saying that it should be expected that all teams should win against teams below them or with less money as that is ridiculous and not how life works, and my reply to Gazza was just a flippant comment I made because Camspur mentioned us not having a chance until our finances are better.

What I was trying to originally say in my own ham fisted way, was simply that our first thought should be to look at our own performances against lower placed teams before hoping those currently in the top 4 have a 'blip'.

Most times we lose to a lower ranked team in the league I'm left believing that we were poor and threw it away (usually through stupid mistakes and lack of concentration - Leicester for one) rather than them being good and out playing us.

This is what I get for jumping into discussions on here whilst at work! :p

Obviously I'm not saying that it should be expected that all teams should win against teams below them or with less money as that is ridiculous and not how life works, and my reply to Gazza was just a flippant comment I made because Camspur mentioned us not having a chance until our finances are better.

What I was trying to originally say in my own ham fisted way, was simply that our first thought should be to look at our own performances against lower placed teams before hoping those currently in the top 4 have a 'blip'.

Most times we lose to a lower ranked team in the league I'm left believing that we were poor and threw it away (usually through stupid mistakes and lack of concentration - Leicester for one) rather than them being good and out playing us.

I agree with that. We should focus on our own game rather than others. I do, however, believe that it would necessitate a blip from the top 4 for us to break into it as it currently stands. Ironing out the results against the weaker teams is something we absolutely have to work on and ensure that we win, but I don't think we will ever have a season where we beat all the teams "weaker" than us. It just simply won't happen. I think the term is "reversion to the mean" ;);) but I don't know enough about statistics to be able to really comment on it!

if you compare Aguero's last 5 seasons in Spain to Soldado's last 5 years in Spain, Aguero scored 101 league & cup goals in 234 matches while Roberto Soldado scored 111 league & cup goals in 207 matches which ironically means Soldado had the better record.

66.000 dollar question then......why couldn't he hack it with us?

its a complete mystery to me..................

There's an old saying "horses for courses", Soldado's game is suited much better to La Liga than the EPL.

[
Who: Grey Fox
When: 25th August
Where: SC

Been told a 3rd bid will go in for Beriniho possibly with a loan going the other way as a sweetener. We want it wrapped up by Friday or we will move on. When I asked about 98% done was told we believed 22m would do it, player wants to come and is unhappy where Pulis plays him.
Deadline for decision from AI also set Madrid encouraged us to bid and we were warned of Liverpool at the outset, up to the player.

This shows what itk is .How does thinking wba will accept 22m go to the deal is 98% done.Its all opinion and very little fact.Sure he wants to come.If Man U want him he will want to go there.Why would they believe 22 mill most think min 25mill.
It won't be wrapped up by friday and we won't move on.

[

This shows what itk is .How does thinking wba will accept 22m go to the deal is 98% done.Its all opinion and very little fact.Sure he wants to come.If Man U want him he will want to go there.Why would they believe 22 mill most think min 25mill.

It won't be wrapped up by friday and we won't move on.

Just speculation here but it could be the structure of the deal that is the problem rather than the total transfer fee. Levy is meant to be keen on spreading payments over a number of years and some payments being dependent on performance. Maybe WBA would prefer all of the money up front.

Just speculation here but it could be the structure of the deal that is the problem rather than the total transfer fee. Levy is meant to be keen on spreading payments over a number of years and some payments being dependent on performance. Maybe WBA would prefer all of the money up front.
I don't know what rhe problem is, but it's costing us points every week...

I don't know what rhe problem is, but it's costing us points every week...
Your on the wrong site to say anything against the current management and running of the club. Not allowed here or you'll be devoured. Everything is fine. Repeat everything is fine.

Your on the wrong site to say anything against the current management and running of the club. Not allowed here or you'll be devoured. Everything is fine. Repeat everything is fine.

I'm surprised you see this site like that. I've always thought it was fairly well balanced

Don't recognise this at all on this forum. The reason I'm still here is that you can pretty much have whatever oppinion you like. Will people argue their pov, offcourse, but that's the reason we're here isn't it?

I'm surprised you see this site like that. I've always thought it was fairly well balanced
To a large degree, but when the occasional frustration in anything but the match thread is jumped on by the usual suspects, with often way over the top responses. I've never seen as many references to "worst post ever". But the exceptional guys here are better than elsewhere.

Erm..in terms of the football coach, well the time to criticise is always there, though better to happen after a while in the job.
In terms of Levy and co regarding transfers: i think people should at least wait until the end of the transfer window and see what happens in its entirety first before screaming blue murder...

Totally emotive unsubstantiated comment. It may have cost us points but no way of knowing if having another striker or any new players would have definitely guaranteed us more positive results than we had.
I think you are being a tad disingenuous with your argument.
Being able to change the personnel so that you can bring on a different but decent striker, or have a proper defensive midfielder means you are more likely to score or not concede goals. Otherwise why would teams bother signing decent players at all? They would all just develop from their academies. As we know from recent Tottenham history small margins are critical. I can't blame Levy for haggling over the price because we can't just bend over to Jeremy Peace. My problem is how long it has taken to get this far. Why did it not start earlier in the summer. It's a shame because Daniel Levy is a fantastic chairman in so many ways.

tumblr_n0ugb3LoEt1qb1quio1_400.jpg

Back