• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

As he just come to that conclusion himself or does he have a panel of experts supplying him with cutting edge analysis?
This is amongst other points he's making. Stuff like why did we buy Saha and nelson in that transfer window 3 seasons back and were well placed to finish above Ar&e. Ok are we only going to put the blame for that collapse solely on HR.?

Collymore is not the cleverest tool in the box but I think he does have a soft for us though whenever I've listened in!

This is amongst other points he's making. Stuff like why did we buy Saha and nelson in that transfer window 3 seasons back and were well placed to finish above Ar&e. Ok are we only going to put the blame for that collapse solely on HR.?

Collymore is not the cleverest tool in the box but I think he does have a soft for us though whenever I've listened in!

So it's basically a regurgitation of the stuff duscussed/argued and countered on here over the last two seasons then?

So it's basically a regurgitation of the stuff duscussed/argued and countered on here over the last two seasons then?
Agree
But it's good to hear this debate solely devoted to our club and hear what a percenatge of our support are feeling.
That January transfer window was his biggest mistake.

Agree
But it's good to hear this debate solely devoted to our club and hear what a percenatge of our support are feeling.
That January transfer window was his biggest mistake.

Well i've said my piece on that window enough times before but i don't think it's the Chairmans responsibility to prop up the team with £30m signings to ensure they see themselves over the line when 11 points clear with over half the season gone

Bang on the money about the wasting the Bale cash. 2 or 3 great players not 8 and wholesale change

So Collymore states the fecking obvious by telling the whole world the Bale money was wasted, how about he tell us something we all on here that we do not already know. Now I have criticised Levy for not bringing the right attacking options this window, but maybe, just maybe, the reason why Levy has not not brought in those players is because he wants to make sure he gets the right players in this time.

And as for you guys who think Collymore is spot on, remember he also said we should us signed Schneiderlin. About that, Mr Collymore, we tried to sign him but he made it patiently obvious on a number of times he would only sign for a club in the Champions League, nothing Levy could do about that.

And for those of us (me included) that have slagged Levy off about those post Bale signings, funny how none of us were slagging him at the time about how he signed those players, Well hindsight is 20/20

Well i've said my piece on that window enough times before but i don't think it's the Chairmans responsibility to prop up the team with £30m signings to ensure they see themselves over the line when 11 points clear with over half the season gone
That's exactly our owners and a large majority of our fans bases main problem!!! 11 points clear? Why look behind? We should have been looking who was ahead of us and looking to win the league!! A bit of luck(defoe scores at the etihad) and a bit of wise investment and I genuinely think we should have challenged for the league going into april

So Collymore states the fecking obvious by telling the whole world the Bale money was wasted, how about he tell us something we all on here that we do not already know. Now I have criticised Levy for not bringing the right attacking options this window, but maybe, just maybe, the reason why Levy has not not brought in those players is because he wants to make sure he gets the right players in this time.

And as for you guys who think Collymore is spot on, remember he also said we should us signed Schneiderlin. About that, Mr Collymore, we tried to sign him but he made it patiently obvious on a number of times he would only sign for a club in the Champions League, nothing Levy could do about that.

And for those of us (me included) that have slagged Levy off about those post Bale signings, funny how none of us were slagging him at the time about how he signed those players, Well hindsight is 20/20

I was questioning him at the time? Was plain obvious bale absolutely carried us that season and rest of squad was ordinary and then we sell him and replace with 7 players who are nowhere near his quality.

That's exactly our owners and a large majority of our fans bases main problem!!! 11 points clear? Why look behind? We should have been looking who was ahead of us and looking to win the league!! A bit of luck(defoe scores at the etihad) and a bit of wise investment and I genuinely think we should have challenged for the league going into april

I do agree we should have been looking up, not down - I think we should have been involved in the title race all the way to the end of the season and had the squad to do so strengthened or not to be quite frank but ask yourself - why Would our 'title rival' have strengthened us in Jan by selling us Tevez? Seems a bit fanciful that.

To a degree but has he learned his lesson in buying players or trying to get them late in the window. This transfer window just follows what has gone on before we need that striker to support Kane like we did in that Jan transfer window.
Will he push the boat out for a quality striker knowing as its so late we will have to pay well over the odds or will he get a Saha or a Fraizer Campbell to fill in

Simply put we can't compete with City, Cheatski, L'ar$e or Yanited on pure financial grounds so top 4 until we get the new stadium is not achievable without one of those four having a major blip. The new stadium will get us nearer but still not guarantee the improvement we need to hit top 4.

However, we are still in a better position that 70% of the EPL and it's not so long ago we were happy finishing 5th now it seems a bare minimum requirement.

Simply put we can't compete with City, Cheatski, L'ar$e or Yanited on pure financial grounds so top 4 until we get the new stadium is not achievable without one of those four having a major blip. The new stadium will get us nearer but still not guarantee the improvement we need to hit top 4.

However, we are still in a better position that 70% of the EPL and it's not so long ago we were happy finishing 5th now it seems a bare minimum requirement.

I know what you mean with the post - History of league placements supports it - but can a few points behind over the whole season be classed as requiring a 'major blip' from other teams? We have been so close and it's so frustrating.

I am confused, how can you accuse him of sticking with Lennon when he has not been given a shirt number. As for Lamela, first and foremost if the manager has not given up on the player then why should the chairman?

Because it is clear he is asking for to much for him just like he did with bentley when it is clear he did not have a future with us. Everton said earlier in the summer they wanted Lennon but we were asking to much. I read the quotes. Now instead of taking a couple of million and getting him off the wages we will be stuck with him and let him go on a free.

I was questioning him at the time? Was plain obvious bale absolutely carried us that season and rest of squad was ordinary and then we sell him and replace with 7 players who are nowhere near his quality.

It is so easy in hindsight to say i twas obvious that the likes of Roberto Soldado and Lamela were doomed to fail but I would suggest people consider the following:

While everybody accepts Sergio Aguero is a world class player if you compare Aguero's last 5 seasons in Spain to Soldado's last 5 years in Spain, Aguero scored 101 league & cup goals in 234 matches while Roberto Soldado scored 111 league & cup goals in 207 matches which ironically means Soldado had the better record.

Now remember also Inter could not wait to get rid Countinho who had only managed 3 goals in 28 appearances spread over 3 years while Lamela had scored 15 in 36 league matches in his last season at Roma. Can any one truly tell me they predicted the gulf in the performances of these 2 players in this league because I for one did not. I am no scout but I bet you Countinho's performances did not indcate he would be everything Lamela is not.

Based on the above I can understand Levy sanctioning the deal for those 2 players

Last edited:
Because it is clear he is asking for to much for him just like he did with bentley when it is clear he did not have a future with us. Everton said earlier in the summer they wanted Lennon but we were asking to much. I read the quotes. Now instead of taking a couple of million and getting him off the wages we will be stuck with him and let him go on a free.

I agree he would be wrong if he is asking for too much money, but asking for too much money is not the same as Levy "sticking by" Lennon as suggested by Danishfurniturelover

Back