• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

He does not care about what a player costs (as a coach he probably shouldn't anyway) so if he wants a player, he wants that player. Where I forsee the potential breakdown is when Jose demands a player and Levy wants to play silly beggars and haggles over the last 50k for the final 2 weeks of the window. Jose will not stand for that and to be frank maybe that is something we need in manager because Levy will gladly hamstring and handicap his managers bit yet demand the world.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Levy is the problem, he has always been the problem and he will remain so.

I don't mind that we can't buy at the top of the market, I'm absolutely fine with that. But really we should have been taking a leaf out of the Dortmund and Athletico book and really scouting the market and snapping up, up and comers that the scouting team had identified, those players that showed potential. We do it at times but far too often Levy is to hesitant to pull the trigger because he worries about the cost risk. That's what's ultimately done Poch in and all the previous managers/coaches under Levy.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

fudge me, if he's a problem, please go ahead and show us the chairmen in this league that do a better job.

fudge me, if he's a problem, please go ahead and show us the chairmen in this league that do a better job.
Stolen from a friend but pretty much sums up my opinion of Levy and his manager interactions.

Jol- turned a corner with him, didn’t back him- sacked!
Redknapp -title challenge on the cards, Saha & Nelsen, didn’t back him, dreadful end of season - sacked
Poch - best manager in 30 years, gave us amazing moments, Wembley 2 years, 0 signings in 2 years failed to back - sacked

Ps. The Leicester board have done better in literally half the time....

Yet he still had the second (third if you're a fool) best team in the country. If we were third or fourth then I could accept that a bit of a refresh is required to push on. Being 14th with 12 months of form that would relegate us is a full on collapse.

I no more expected us to finish 14th than I expect Sheffield to finish 5th.

We have over performed for 3 or 4 seasons, without an overhaul, refresh call it what you will we were always going to have a bad patch.

I can only question the sanity of any manager that wants his club to part with £50 million for Eric Dier.

Ah, but haven't you been reading these pages, Jose didn't spend any money at utd, or any other club, it was the bad owners that did it. That's what happens at all clubs, seemingly, the owners spend the money.
Except at Spurs, where poch spent millions on duds and Levy had no say what so ever.

Going from 5th to 3rd/4th with not much in the way of resources is, IMO, very different to the challenge of going from 3rd (or 14th) to 1st with new, shiny resources. Excellence at one does not suggest ability at the other.

Part of Poch's failing, IMO, was his inability to transition from the plucky underdogs to a top team.
Re: your last paragraph I don't think the evidence all points to Poch's failings. There are so many variables at play.

Stolen from a friend but pretty much sums up my opinion of Levy and his manager interactions.

Jol- turned a corner with him, didn’t back him- sacked!
Redknapp -title challenge on the cards, Saha & Nelsen, didn’t back him, dreadful end of season - sacked
Poch - best manager in 30 years, gave us amazing moments, Wembley 2 years, 0 signings in 2 years failed to back - sacked

Ps. The Leicester board have done better in literally half the time....

My opinion is that Levy waited too long to deal with the inevitable yet again, whether it's because he hopes for an improvement that's never going to happen or he's waiting for as many fans as possible to get on board with the idea before doing it. All three put themselves in that position, it has nothing to do with not backing them. Although, if 'not backing the manager' means not paying huge fees players reaching the end of their careers, occasionally (and reluctantly) selling a star to help fund new signings and generally run the club in a responsible way, then I'm happy for us to continue doing so.

Leicester are on their 7th permanent manager since the takeover in 2010. This is Levy's 9th appointment since 2001 and that's including Tim Sherwood.

I always feel, with the greatest respect that this is a rather worthless point which nonetheless attempts to shut down any debate about Levy's weaknesses. It is very difficult to prove who is the best chairman because every club is different and therefore there are so many variables. we do not know the inner workings of every boardroom.

Off the top of my head the owners of Liverpool seem pretty good, new training ground, stadium redevelopment and supporting their manager on the football pitch. The late owner of Leicester seems to have invested a lot of money into his club. You can still like Levy but be critical of the way he has not always supported his managers.

Re: your last paragraph I don't think the evidence all points to Poch's failings. There are so many variables at play.

IMO Poch is the first manager sacked by VAR (cue the barrage of abuse)
Saudi Sportswashing Machine the Kane penalty... that’s a clear one and changes that game IMO
Leicester away... vAr gave that offside that again changed the game
For me those 6 points change this season and keep him in his job with a very different tone on the season

Saudi Sportswashing Machine the Kane penalty... that’s a clear one and changes that game IMO
For me those 6 points change this season and keep him in his job with a very different tone on the season

Does not change his comments in pre season or his general demeanor the last year.

Good coach for us but very obvious flaws.

Not to mention son getting sent off which VAR should have overturned.

My opinion is that Levy waited too long to deal with the inevitable yet again, whether it's because he hopes for an improvement that's never going to happen or he's waiting for as many fans as possible to get on board with the idea before doing it. All three put themselves in that position, it has nothing to do with not backing them. Although, if 'not backing the manager' means not paying huge fees players reaching the end of their careers, occasionally (and reluctantly) selling a star to help fund new signings and generally run the club in a responsible way, then I'm happy for us to continue doing so.

Leicester are on their 7th permanent manager since the takeover in 2010. This is Levy's 9th appointment since 2001 and that's including Tim Sherwood.

Leicester have won the league, who gives a brick how many managers they've had. They been more successful than we have been. We literally just sacked our coach yesterday so I don't even understand the number of coaches arguement. Sure if we were winning the league each year you would have a point but that clearly isn't the case.

No, backing the manager does no mean paying crazy fees, read any of my posts and it would be clear I'm not of that mindset, I know our status and purchasing power and accept it wholeheartedly with no issue.

My problem with Levy is that at key moments he always lets us down.

He overly haggles over transfer fees to the point we often don't get the player at all or so late into the window that coach has little time to settle them into their system. leading to dropped points and poor starts to each campaign. This happened every single season for Poch except the one we bought no one. [emoji58]

Levy will stand by his financial principles to the detriment of the side, just look back to last season where we stagnated and bought no one which has directly led to our awful form this calender year and the inevitable sacking our our coach.

When the scouts do find young under the radar talent, Levy again to often will not sanction the purchase do him not being convinced of their value. Instead he wants to buy a more finished article, guess what we usually can't afford or attract that more finished article.

All of these things he puts on the coach/mangers floor and expects them to deal with it and when they can't he sacks them. It's like stabbing someone in the leg and then expecting them to run a marathon and then blaming them for their failure when they bleed out 10 minutes down the road. If he's not going to back his managers in those clear moments when success is close don't then sack them when trouble consequently raises its head.

Haven't we been fortunate with some VAR decisions as well?

Haven't we been fortunate with some VAR decisions as well?
Afterwards yes
People point to city before hand but that was 200% in the rules so was fine

the head to a players legs to tackle someone isn’t and was as clear a foul as you can get

the offside wasn’t an error as he was level at worst with the margin of error in VAR

Afterwards yes
People point to city before hand but that was 200% in the rules so was fine

the head to a players legs to tackle someone isn’t and was as clear a foul as you can get

the offside wasn’t an error as he was level at worst with the margin of error in VAR

had they gone the other way (still been mistakes like those this season),we’d not have made the CL final and he probably would have been sacked at the end of the season anyway

I take your point we’ve had corrupt/incompetent refereeing against us, but, we have so many advantages over most other clubs they are small potatoes indeed

had they gone the other way (still been mistakes like those this season),we’d not have made the CL final and he probably would have been sacked at the end of the season anyway

I take your point we’ve had corrupt/incompetent refereeing against us, but, we have so many advantages over most other clubs they are small potatoes indeed[/QUOTE

but have we had advantages that shouldn’t have been given?
I mean VAR didn’t kick in for the final for the handball and changed the game
I’m all for VAR when it’s right, but it’s been so wrong for us apart from Watford and Sheffield United

I take your point we’ve had corrupt/incompetent refereeing against us, but, we have so many advantages over most other clubs they are small potatoes indeed

Doesn't necessarily follow, Jose basically threw utds league under a bus to concentrate on EL. Who's to say that if we were knocked out by City our form would have settled without the CL to distract us.

Doesn't necessarily follow, Jose basically threw utds league under a bus to concentrate on EL. Who's to say that if we were knocked out by City our form would have settled without the CL to distract us.

maybe, but I don’t think there was a distinction between the two, we were generally brick no matter the situation

Back