• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

Yeh totally agree, Sky will pull him through and he might even enjoy another break away win at some point.....

Think Cav will break the records or come up short? Must only have 3-4 tours left in him?

if Froome smells blood he'll hammer it I'm sure

Cav's great, but yeah I think he'll run out of time, who knows where he will be next year, Kittel will probably be back, it's just gonna get harder and harder from now on, Olympic preparation could also have an impact

Amazing from Froome yesterday.....even gave it a bit of dope-a-rope (no pun intended!), thought he looked in the red and then boom.

Could this be a clean tour? Its nice to see riders actually blow up, so many times before everyone could just cover each other. The surprising aspect is it happened on the first bit of road that actually got steep.

Could be some interesting days ahead as individuals have their good days and their bad. (sans bloodbags!)

I get that this is an optimistic and maybe naive view but I really believe Sky are clean.

My logic is, if Froome is dirty then Sky is dirty, then Brailsford is dirty, then British Cycling is dirty, so Hoy, Kenny, Pendleton, Wiggo, Cav etc must all have been dirty too. If all the olympic success that British Cycling has achieved since 2000 is honest then Brailford is too, therefore so is Sky and so is Froome. We are not seeing anything on the road that we haven't seen on the track.

Of course they are doping just like Nibali was last year with Michelle Ferrari
Only two Sky riders have been caught so far - Jonathan Tieran Locke and Sergio Henao.
Whoever is leaking Froome's SRM data to Vayer from within team Sky doesnt believe he is clean.

I think their is doping going on, do I think Froome is doping? No, not since the Lance Armstrong saga do I believe that anyone would be able to win a tour dirty and get away with it.

I also share the sentiment above that Sky can't be associated with it, sports their bread and butter and I just don't see it.

Like the Mo Farah stuff, its just lazy to say they are doping....prove it and I will say yes, until then I don't buy it

Whilst the TdF is the biggest thing in cycling I just can't see Brailsford risking British Cycling's Olympic legacy just for a couple of pro race wins. Also I don't think its feasible that the riders are doping in secret, if Richie Porte so much as farts it gets plotted on a graph at Team Sky HQ.

Whilst the TdF is the biggest thing in cycling I just can't see Brailsford risking British Cycling's Olympic legacy just for a couple of pro race wins. Also I don't think its feasible that the riders are doping in secret, if Richie Porte so much as farts it gets plotted on a graph at Team Sky HQ.

David Millar was doping for Brailsford's british cycling and the first he knew about it was visiting Millar in a prison cell. Tieran Locke was doping at Sky currently serving a suspension. Henao was doping.
Brailsford thought Armstrong was clean right up until the end.
Everyone knew Armstrong and Millar were doping.

I've no faith in any of them. The latest 'hacked' flimflam is just the latest lie.
Brailford seems happy to use any advantage they can get over other teams including thinking it was fine spending millions on motorhomes to while he thinks its fine for the rest of the competition to sleep 2 a man in dodgy hotels.

Sky are also protected by an organisation worse than FIFA the UCI. The head of the UCI's son works for Sky. You cant make it up.

I don't know if its microdosing EPO, AICAR, GW1516, Carbon Monoxide doping, Telmisartan Froome is doing but its something. Michelle Ferrari the greatest doping doctor of all time has multiple riders in the race and they are getting destroyed by Froome a man who was kicked out of the Giro for holding on to a motorbike on a climb. Look at Froome's turnaround in 2011 (Froome was 26!)
- Sky show little interest in extending his 80K pounds/yr contract
- Froome's agent tries shopping him around to other teams.
- Johan Bruyneel tells the agent he doesn't hire donkeys.
- No other teams are interested.
- The agent informs Froome that the only hope is that Sky give a new contract at a reduced salary, maybe 60K/yr.
- Froome is not selected to the team's Vuelta squad. He is not considered useful enough to aid Wiggins' attempt to win.
- A rider on the selected Vuelta squad is injured, so Froome is assigned a slot. Basically he goes to the Vuelta by accident.
- Froome is suddenly is the best climber the world has ever seen but is made work for Wiggins.

Its beyond hollywood.

Then you have Froome's asthma, his use of an inhaler before he attacks on climbs.
Then him being so ill he needed a corticosteroid Therapeutic Use Exemption to compete in the 2014 Romandie, so ill he won.
Then you have his weird SRM data on ventoux. No heart rate increases as he repeatedly makes huge attacks destroying the rest of the field.

The problem with cycling is there is the huge growth of new cycling fans when a riders from their country starts dominating. The average cycling fan knows exactly whats up since the 1998 tour bust. But then along came the american cycling media who relied on the popularity of the sport to pay their mortgages. Its the exact same now with the growth of cycling in Britain. No British cycling journalist is going to spit in the soup and miss out on the post race interviews they rely on or the ghostwriting job they need during the off season. Instead the dopers are always the 'dirty' spaniards, italians and east europeans. But the angle riders who will give a journo a quote are the nice guys. Then we have the likes of Sean Kelly, convicted doper, sitting on Eurosport proclaiming Sky clean today.

I think their is doping going on, do I think Froome is doping? No, not since the Lance Armstrong saga do I believe that anyone would be able to win a tour dirty and get away with it.

I also share the sentiment above that Sky can't be associated with it, sports their bread and butter and I just don't see it.

Like the Mo Farah stuff, its just lazy to say they are doping....prove it and I will say yes, until then I don't buy it

The problem is, you had people accusing Lance Armstrong, which he denied for years. But people were finishing behind him who had been caught doping so it was naive to think that people were winning that were supposedly clean.

David Millar was doping for Brailsford's british cycling and the first he knew about it was visiting Millar in a prison cell. Tieran Locke was doping at Sky currently serving a suspension. Henao was doping.

I've no faith in any of them. The latest 'hacked' hogwash is just the latest lie.
Brailford seems happy to use any advantage they can get over other teams including thinking it was fine spending millions on motorhomes to while he thinks its fine for the rest of the competition to sleep 2 a man in dodgy hotels.

Sky are also protected by an organisation worse than FIFA the UCI. The head of the UCI's son works for Sky. You cant make it up.

I don't know if its microdosing EPO, AICAR, GW1516, Carbon Monoxide doping, Telmisartan Froome is doing but its something. Michelle Ferrari the greatest doping doctor of all time has multiple riders in the race and they are getting destroyed by Froome a man who was kicked out of the Giro for holding on to a motorbike on a climb. Look at Froome's turnaround in 2011 (Froome was 26!)
- The agent informs Froome that the only hope is that Sky give a new contract at a reduced salary, maybe 60K/yr.
- Froome is not selected to the team's Vuelta squad. He is not considered useful enough to aid Wiggins' attempt to win.
- A rider on the selected Vuelta squad is injured, so Froome is assigned a slot. Basically he goes to the Vuelta by accident.
- Froome is suddenly is the best climber the world has ever seen but is made work for Wiggins.

Its beyond hollywood.

Then you have Froome's asthma, his use of an inhaler before he attacks on climbs.
Then him being so ill he needed a corticosteroid Therapeutic Use Exemption to compete in the 2014 Romandie, so ill he won.
Then you have his weird SRM data on ventoux. No heart rate increases as he repeatedly makes huge attacks destroying the rest of the field.

The problem with cycling is there is the huge growth of new cycling fans when a riders from their country starts dominating. The average cycling fan knows exactly whats up since the 1998 tour bust. But then along came the american cycling media who relied on the popularity of the sport to pay their mortgages. Its the exact same now with the growth of cycling in Britain. No British cycling journalist is going to spit in the soup and miss out on the post race interviews they rely on or the ghostwriting job they need during the off season. Instead the dopers are always the 'dirty' spaniards, italians and east europeans. But the angle riders who will give a journo a quote are the nice guys. Then we have the likes of Sean Kelly, convicted doper, sitting on Eurosport proclaiming Sky clean today.

brailsford was with him when he was arrested right?

yep, it's an incredible story, but with all that, if they were dirty they would be mad to put froome on point when it could so easily be Porte or Thomas, I'm at the point where it's so crazy it has to be honest or else they would have been popped by now

you'd think with all the people sky kicked out as part of ZTP someone would have cried off to a journalist by now if they had evidence of wrong doing

The problem is, you had people accusing Lance Armstrong, which he denied for years. But people were finishing behind him who had been caught doping so it was naive to think that people were winning that were supposedly clean.

Thats the starting point I come from as well. The Giro this year was the most obviously doped race in years. Even David Walsh said it was unwatchable. Contador still managed to just get over the line ahead of the obviously doped Landa and Aru from Astana.

Ended up with article from the secret pro like this http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/06/the-secret-pro-on-the-giro-there-were-days-when-youd-just-despair/
"There were days when you’d just despair. I know myself, my teammates and many of the guys in the peloton aren’t crap riders — we’d trained, eaten and prepared for the race 100%; we’d had the best form it’s humanly possible to achieve. And then we came up against guys who simply took the tinkle.

The general consensus in the peloton was that you may as well have just finished the stage in the bunch because no matter what you did, it wasn’t going to make an ounce of difference on the GC or even on the stage. It wasn’t just frustrating, it was bloody insulting.

When guys who, last season — or even earlier this season — were in your group or at your level take off up the road or put out that extra 30-40 watts? They may as well be laughing in your face."

I just dont know how you can possibly beat a team doped by MIchelle Ferrari, Armstrong's doping doctor by racing clean.

The panorama documentary showed what everyone in cycling knew for years, just how useless and easily fooled the biopassport is.
It also showed so many similarities because Salazar's asthma inflicted athletes and Froome.

I've no faith in any of them. The latest 'hacked' hogwash is just the latest lie.

Its beyond hollywood.

With the stuff you write on here it makes me wonder why you watch the f*cking thing?:)

Just a thought.. but If doping is still so common and everyone is doing it then why is Froome performing any better than the rest? Shouldn't we be seeing a bunch of those cheating to be challenging him?

Just a thought.. but If doping is still so common and everyone is doing it then why is Froome performing any better than the rest? Shouldn't we be seeing a bunch of those cheating to be challenging him?

personally, I don't think it is, back in its heyday it was an organised system where the team would buy the drugs and help the riders administer and avoid detection, now those that are doping are doing it themselves and hiding it from their employers, those that are doing this are at the lower end of the scale trying to make a name for themselves, the like of Contador and Nibali don't dare dope

personally, I don't think it is, back in its heyday it was an organised system where the team would buy the drugs and help the riders administer and avoid detection, now those that are doping are doing it themselves and hiding it from their employers, those that are doing this are at the lower end of the scale trying to make a name for themselves, the like of Contador and Nibali don't dare dope

Contador and Nibali are doping. Don't be ridiculous.
Read the CIRC report.
Even diehard Contador fanboys admit he's doping. What has he to lose by being caught again. No one is Spain cares.
Nibali is a client of Michelle Ferrari. The Astana team is the most obviously doped in the peloton. Everyone knows Nibali is working with Ferrari just like they did Amrstrong did.
http://cyclingtips.com.au/2014/12/n...-ferrari-attended-team-training-camp-in-2013/

their (lack of) performance in this tour does not suggest doping to me

That's what I'm getting at.. If they are all at it (and the consensus is that Nibali and Contador seem to be more at it than Froome) then why are they not performing better.

Back