• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Blair did a terrible thing with Iraq but it's a stretch to claim he's responsible for the lack of accountability among the current bunch of goons in government. They are simply cynical, arrogant and quite frankly prepared to mug off people who keep voting for them.

No it is not a stretch, before him the tories resigned. A couple even went to prison, where they belonged.

I actually attribute bliar and his lies and refusal to apologise for his illegal actions on the way people behave in society today. The amount of times people pull out infront of me and then swear at me when they are driving.

If we want to blame society for a lack of caring because of tory policies, and I think the is something to that, I was around in the 80's and society at times feels like that today.

So yeah I think the is a link with bliar and the way people behave today. The politicians saw how he got away with it and they know that these days you very rarely have to resign.

Encouraging data means loosening of restrictions remains on the cards
d19ce0f2-3638-4e07-8f77-1111c9e11e39.jpg

Nick Triggle

Health Correspondent

There’s lots of talk about encouraging data. But with infection levels climbing rapidly how can that be?

The key is in the picture emerging with hospital cases and deaths. When the initial delay to step four was announced, infection rates had just started rising and government scientists were worried about what that could lead to with the vaccination programme not fully rolled out.

The past few weeks have provided clarity about what we can expect. The answer can be found by comparing the start of the second wave in the autumn with what is happening now.

During September and October cases were rising much as they are now. Within eight weeks that had translated to more than 1,000 admissions a day. This time round there are just above 200.

There is even better news with deaths. Latest estimates show fewer than one in 1,000 infections is leading to a death. At the peak of the winter wave it was one in 60.

This has dramatically altered what can be considered a proportionate response to the virus – and is why a further loosening of restrictions remains on the cards.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-57633457

I can't quite work out Australias strategy?

Execute phase 1 brilliantly. Prevent loads of deaths by really pulling together and behaving, and buy time until the vaccine arrives.

Phase 2, the vaccine arrives and they are snail like administering it?
Hiding from the virus will only be tolerated by people for so long. Plus, the virus is going to love your country as it has millions of previously unexposed hosts.

Last edited:
Ah, fair enough. I thought this had just happened.

Edit:. I will contest the point that he's ever done anything though. I believe he's just the one they wheel out to announce it - I don't think he's capable of putting a policy together.
Just because he isn't capable doesn't mean he didn't

Execute phase 1 brilliantly. Prevent loads of deaths by really pulling together and behaving, and buy time until the vaccine arrives.

Hiding from the virus will only be tolerated by people for so long. Plus, the virus is going to love your country as it has millions of previously unexposed hosts.

strange isn't it, we have just been put into a 3 day lockdown in Queensland as there were 2 new cases overnight! the inherent problem is the lack of a) vaccines being rolled out and b) intelligence in a lot of Aussies who think "we've not had a problem here, so why should we vaccinate?". The government were top of the league for the past year and are now in a Mourinho like stagnant state where no one can see what is going to happen.

Time for someone to just grab the vaccination rollout programme and smash it out all over the country (this requires Federal management as the individual states are too colloquial)

All of Oceania is quite anti-vax. They have big measles issues in New Zealand

strange isn't it, we have just been put into a 3 day lockdown in Queensland as there were 2 new cases overnight! the inherent problem is the lack of a) vaccines being rolled out and b) intelligence in a lot of Aussies who think "we've not had a problem here, so why should we vaccinate?". The government were top of the league for the past year and are now in a Mourinho like stagnant state where no one can see what is going to happen.

Time for someone to just grab the vaccination rollout programme and smash it out all over the country (this requires Federal management as the individual states are too colloquial)

Thought it was the law out there that you guys have to have it?

Thought it was the law out there that you guys have to have it?

It isn't law to require Joe Blogs to have it but some industries like health or aged care yes.

There's definitely an anti vax element, particularly among the traditional owners/Aboriginal population but the whole AZ blood clot thing has been seized upon by some people (social media fuelled). On a personal level, I've booked a Pfizer through my GP which was easy. Whether there is enough Pfizer for the whole 25 million population, i'm not sure.

It isn't law to require Joe Blogs to have it but some industries like health or aged care yes.

There's definitely an anti vax element, particularly among the traditional owners/Aboriginal population but the whole AZ blood clot thing has been seized upon by some people (social media fuelled). On a personal level, I've booked a Pfizer through my GP which was easy. Whether there is enough Pfizer for the whole 25 million population, i'm not sure.
I assume there free through the GP too? (I know nothing about the Aussie health system)

A large section of Labour are WHITE folk. Another large section are moderate non white folk like me who just want to not face racism on the streets, at work or from institutions, but have nothing against white folk in particular. And then you have a few nutters and opportunists. The culture warring Tory right have cynically misrepresented anyone who doesn't wave a union jack or doesn't slavishly think iBrexit is a good thing as anti white and anti British. It's flimflam.

There are a lot of WHITE folk in the labour party that think white people are the route of all evil.

There are a lot of WHITE folk in the labour party that think white people are the route of all evil.
I don't know what your evidence is for that claim, or how many you consider is a lot. But that's like me saying there are a lot white people in the conservative party who think Muslims are the root of all evil. It is a meaningless statement without evidence.

Last edited:
Do you have an equivalent to the NHS?

Kind of yes. Medicare is the equivalent I would say. Mostly free healthcare but private healthcare here is far more common (often a visa requirement too for people applying to come here). Depending on what's wrong with you, having Private Healthcare will get you seen to quicker and more compensated for out of pocket expenses. I had a knee reconstruction which ended up costing me about a grand, whereas had I gone public it would have been a 9 month wait, unknown surgeon etc.

Back