• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

So shall we guess the timescale of how along this is gonna take to blow over? I suspect that that with Boris saying they will review monthly that we will be locked down for 3 months minimum

It depends - and it’s guesswork on all of our parts.

If existing drugs are shown to have a significant effect on treating the virus, and if that is combined with a plentiful supply of fast-acting tests, then much of the fear will be removed and things will improve relatively quickly. This is probably our best hope.

Otherwise, whenever a vaccine is ready and rolled out.

That’s a point. I have to pop into the office tomorrow to abstract some monitors and docking stations. I’ll probably be ripped apart by a pack of emboldened urban foxes and then scavenged clean by pigeons.

giphy.gif

Good luck with the pigeons.

Any word from @Danishfurniturelover ? Hope you are doing alright.

What should nations do over the short term? Close off international flights? Or only allow flights from safe destinations where the virus has been contained? People and families could be separated.

Any word from @Danishfurniturelover ? Hope you are doing alright.

What should nations do over the short term? Close off international flights? Or only allow flights from safe destinations where the virus has been contained? People and families could be separated.

I think that’s only way this works no or it’s pointless?

logic points to three options now. We stay in and starve the virus, we wait for a cure or we go back to normal life and let nature take it course. The first two are 12 months at least.

It’s only a 10% rise as when people get there the shelves are empty and they can’t buy most of the things that they want, or need. If everyone had full stock to shop from, and the opportunity to stockpile, then I’d imagine that the difference would be far greater than 10%.

Shops are starting to quite rightly limit opening hours and also not putting all of the stock out when its delivered, it will be a spread out fill across the day

Shops are starting to quite rightly limit opening hours and also not putting all of the stock out when its delivered, it will be a spread out fill across the day

That was a good step but even then I can see stocks running short. As people desperate for certain products like bread etc. I’d imagine that if, instead of comparing revenue, the number of individual transactions were to be used then it was much higher than usual. More people are going to the supermarkets more often.

I also appreciate that shops are having NHS staff open hour windows. I’m not working in the NHS but it’s an essential service and the people who work within it should be rightly appreciated for their efforts. They are working longer hours, in an environment which is now more stressful than ever.

Back