• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

@Hootnow do you it is fair to say there is a 50-50 change our national leader will die? Those seem to be the stats for those entering intensive care with this virus.

He's not too old, used to run. And maybe doctors are treating him with extra sensitivity because of his position ie they might put him in intensive care before they would others, as a precaution.

Get well Boris.

I wouldn't quite say 50-50. Like you said, he's not too old, as far as we're aware no co-morbidities and I am sure that (rightly) the doctors treating him will be approaching his case with more caution than they would a normal person.

However...it certainly is not a good sign. He's not been sedated or ventilated yet but I'm pretty sure that even on the normal ward, he'll have been having 1 on 1 nursing and consistent reviews by the doctors.

If they've moved him to intensive care, its because he's unwell and has a realistic chance of needing ventilation in the next couple of days. I really wouldn't be surprised if we get news in the next 48 hours that he's being ventilated.

Not looking too good.

I wouldn't quite say 50-50. Like you said, he's not too old, as far as we're aware no co-morbidities and I am sure that (rightly) the doctors treating him will be approaching his case with more caution than they would a normal person.

However...it certainly is not a good sign. He's not been sedated or ventilated yet but I'm pretty sure that even on the normal ward, he'll have been having 1 on 1 nursing and consistent reviews by the doctors.

If they've moved him to intensive care, its because he's unwell and has a realistic chance of needing ventilation in the next couple of days. I really wouldn't be surprised if we get news in the next 48 hours that he's being ventilated.

Not looking too good.

I guess that 50-50 stat comes from patients who are often a lot older. So the odds are probably far more in his favour. Lets hope so. It may explain some of the seeming apathy in government, as they were likely all sick.

This government were already supposedly pro-NHS, but now...

Still huge censorship there, internet and content, libraries and although getting better the words and criticism of certain government issues is still censored.

Any off piste, fact is be it fear or obedience based on an edge of fear which I believe is why it’s worked in Korea better.

Look at the weekend here, take the Government reaction rate out of this, Joe public here are now acting atrociously and doing more harm based on the accelerator rates

I'm genuinely interested to know what they censor in South Korea that I've missed. I know they censor pro North Korea stuff. Other than that, what do they censor in libraries and the internet? And what do they censor that isn't routinely censored in Western countries as well?

I agree that the Asians tend to listen more. I agree that our population is not listening very well. I do not agree that they are mindless sheep, especially in SK. I also don't think that United 'we finally made it to the top of one list, 3rd per capita for CCTV cameras' Kingdom would necessarily be as against some of the measures these countries have introduced as we think.

Was a bit tired so forgot to say this yesterday: I've been to SK a couple of times. The impression you're giving is completely at odds with what I've seen of the country. Its not somewhere I'd particularly want to live or work myself. But it isn't what's been described either.

Last edited:
I guess that 50-50 stat comes from patients who are often a lot older. So the odds are probably far more in his favour. Lets hope so. It may explain some of the seeming apathy in government, as they were likely all sick.

This government were already supposedly pro-NHS, but now...

Yeah the 50-50 (roughly) will be for all age groups in the UK, many of whom will be older and comorbid.

Not many better ICUs than St Thomas' so good luck to all of them.

As Kandi has said, it's not once every hundred years, and we're not talking about space and staff. I doubt very much buying and storing enough PPE so we don't have to send our nursing staff in wearing bin bags is going to cost an insurmountable amount.
It's certainly not anymore as humans are destroying animal habitats at an alarming rate. It's forcing animals to coexist with humans and that has signaled an uptick in viruses. The PREDICT project in China analysed viruses from thousands of bats and other mammals. They detected about 1,200 viruses that could spread from animals to humans with pandemic potential, and 160 of them were novel coronaviruses much like this one. Trump brickcanned the project because Obama started it and now we have this.

I really have to stop reading this gloomy brick.

It's certainly not anymore as humans are destroying animal habitats at an alarming rate. It's forcing animals to coexist with humans and that has signaled an uptick in viruses. The PREDICT project in China analysed viruses from thousands of bats and other mammals. They detected about 1,200 viruses that could spread from animals to humans with pandemic potential, and 160 of them were novel coronaviruses much like this one. Trump brickcanned the project because Obama started it and now we have this.

I really have to stop reading this gloomy brick.

Probably less likely to cross from bats to humans if you dont eat them.

China has owned Australia for a long time before this virus and will likely do so after this virus.

In a few years, we'll be bent over for either China or the USA as well I'm sure.

Your right we are going to have to pick one. Despite the excellent treatment i received in China and despite my hatred of Trump, i would go America every time.

Things going wrong in certain countries isn't entirely due to bad preparation. Its largely also got to do with trust. If people don't trust the governments decisions, they won't follow them either. Britain is split 50/50, largely due to the Brexit shambles. In Norway, people trust and follow the guidelines and rules set by the government, regardless of political view.
That doesn’t stand to reason, the last important vote was the General election which showed the country a lot more united in their mindset than your suggestion.

The worry in some instances is the transition from animal to human back to animal like in US zoo. That could spike a cycle

I know of a very very large employer in the outsourcing sector who were offered a 1M masks at market rate at the end of February from a leading manufacturer. They took two weeks to decide and bought 60000.... the employ around 500000 people

now their being told it’s 4 times the cost and a lad time

the whole reason the didn’t buy the 1M was they could t work out how to code it financially as a central purchase

and that’s a blue chip moderately slick outfit.

now multiply that by about 10 to get the the government level of needs and also lack of process and flexibility

and the funny thing I find is the reason the government processes are in place and are cumbersome and slow is to protect the tax payers money... os that dept doesn’t end up in the same papers that are now complaining their not reacting quick enough
I'll bet they don't have those issues in Germany.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52180783

Interesting to read that we're possible already going way over the top on our precautions.

Of course, Ferguson is still taking the "Everything's fudged and we're all going to die" stance again.

422 adults work at the school I’m employed at - and we’re classed as a medium sized school. Multiply that by thousands of schools all over the country - many of which will be significantly bigger - and you can, as part of the article notes, see why closing schools will have a significant impact on slowing the spread of the virus.

Worth noting too that a number of our staff are 60 or above and some (of all ages) will have underlying conditions, which seems to cover all sorts of things for the purposes of discussing the rate of death of this particular virus.

Lots of our pupils are classed as having underlying conditions too.

422 adults work at the school I’m employed at - and we’re classed as a medium sized school. Multiply that by thousands of schools all over the country - many of which will be significantly bigger - and you can, as part of the article notes, see why closing schools will have a significant impact on slowing the spread of the virus.

Worth noting too that a number of our staff are 60 or above and some (of all ages) will have underlying conditions, which seems to cover all sorts of things for the purposes of discussing the rate of death of this particular virus.

Lots of our pupils are classed as having underlying conditions too.
.....or you can not use anecdotal evidence and read the paper mentioned in the article

That doesn’t stand to reason, the last important vote was the General election which showed the country a lot more united in their mindset than your suggestion.
Do you think that there is a strong trust in government among the general public? Recent events suggest not, because people have generally done fudge all of what the government recommended. If people had done what was asked, they situation would have been much less severe.

Back