• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Controversial poll

Was Levy right sacking Redknapp?

• Yes

Votes: 77 65.3%
  • No

Votes: 41 34.7%

• Total voters
2010/11

Our form in the league after we beat AC Milan at the San Siro

LDDDWDDLDL

That plus the obvious from 2011/12 makes me say yes. Everything else makes me say no but I feel that the cons really out weighed the pros in the end, the whole England fiasco was the final straw.

Errrr that form... Its 3 defeats in ten games...

We never recovered from that defoe miss at city which would have got us top of the premierleague at Christmas..

The job Harry did was amazing.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat. Been following Spurs for 33 years and under his tenure it was the most exciting its been since the mid 80's. I think people on here don't like him because of his media personna.....but you can't knock what the guy does. However, he wouldn't come back - too much water under the bridge between him and Levy

A more controversial poll would be "would you have him back?".

I think the board would implode should that ever happen.

Would probably see an instant upturn in form though before inevitably succumbing to the same problems as before

At the time I thought yes, but he got it wrong big time by appointing AVB.

Would I have him back? I'm torn. He'd get us playing good football and surely at his age he'd realise that we would probably be his last job and if he got a proper backing from Levy like he should have got in 2010/11 and 11/12 then I would like to think he would succeed. I won't guarantee he would succeed because it really gets my goat that some of the pro AVB people ignore the evidence in front of them and are just blindly convinced he would have succeeded.

The result of this poll to date show how pathetic fans can be. Is it so hard to admit you were wrong?

Everyone criticizes chairman and managers etc for being stubborn and failing to see their own mistakes, yet most fans are totally incapable of doing the same.

At what point do our fans wake up and stop letting their egos rule their opinions.

By far the strongest statistical correlation with success in football in the wage bill. The correlation is 0.9 (the max is 1). So for all the theorized faults of Redknapp, the chances of finding another manager who could have done a better job were close to zero. Redknapp beat the market every year he was with us.

Some people need to man up and admit they got it wrong, very wrong.

Never as good as the first time. Would Arry and Danny want it tho ? Can't see, but, never say never

Of course on this isn't always true and ironically Redknapp proved that when he went back the Pompey, saved them from relegation, took them to their highest ever Prem finish and won the FA Cup.

I don't hold the England thing against him, as it was England and not another football club

So it was just a co-incidence that our form went down the ****ter just when we need it at this exact moment? I Realise there is no loyalty in Football but that does not mean we have to stomach it.

That said I agree that AVB probably over things things and is way to stuck on his tactics, formations, transitions etc. But Getting rid of Harry was the right thing in my mind.

No

sacking redknapp was not the correct decision IMO. I can understand levy wanting someone that is committed but harry didnt get the england job and wanted back in after taking his eye off the ball.....sign him up and lets keep going onwards and upwards at the time is what i thought

i had the feeling that he he got sacked because we didnt make CL and because AVB was available, also fan pressure played a part

he didnt deserve to go

So it was just a co-incidence that our form went down the ****ter just when we need it at this exact moment? I Realise there is no loyalty in Football but that does not mean we have to stomach it.

That said I agree that AVB probably over things things and is way to stuck on his tactics, formations, transitions etc. But Getting rid of Harry was the right thing in my mind.

I think it was wrong, but can understand you being of that opinion at time. But surely with the benefit of hindsight, you have no choice but to change your mind. We've gone backwards and played terrible football. How can removing a manager that took us twice into the top 4, the CL 1/4 finals and whilst playing great football be the right decision, when 18 months later, you are in 7th, having previously finished 5th and played really awful football? It just makes no sense. The only way the decision could be seen as the right one is if we finished in the top 3 and played amazing football.

The result of this poll to date show how pathetic fans can be. Is it so hard to admit you were wrong?

Everyone criticizes chairman and managers etc for being stubborn and failing to see their own mistakes, yet most fans are totally incapable of doing the same.

At what point do our fans wake up and stop letting their egos rule their opinions.

By far the strongest statistical correlation with success in football in the wage bill. The correlation is 0.9 (the max is 1). So for all the theorized faults of Redknapp, the chances of finding another manager who could have done a better job were close to zero. Redknapp beat the market every year he was with us.

This

nothing which has happened since Redknapp was sacked has proven any of the reasons i had for wanting him gone wrong though :~

in fact in light of his autobiography, quite the opposite

IF someone wanted Redknapp out purely because they thought AVB would do a better job or that they wanted Redknapp out because AVB was available then you might have a point.

Back