• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Club mentality - domestic cups

Rotation is fine. One or two players here and there to give players a rest and others game time. Total overhauls? Doesn't work for us.

Did for sheff utd though.
We overhauled into a team that couldn't create, that couldn't hold the ball up and couldn't fashion any chances.

Whilst SU also rotated they still brought in players that can perform the tasks asked of them. As I said earlier in the thread our first 11 is barely capable of performing the tasks asked. What do we expect when we take our the few quality players we have and replace not just with poorer quality but also player type.

No Kane, no Kulu = 0 creativity.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Last edited:
Sorry rotation is just another management buzz word, rest players who need it, drop players out off form. Game is simple pick your best team for the games you must win. I agree anymore than 2 changes is not ideal and should be avoid u less injuries force that on the team. I really doesn't matter what I think "rotation" has been placed in the psyche and people just accept it. "The King is in his all together"
The lack of rotation though is why our teams used to run out of steam under Poch towards the end of the season and in the big competitions. Kane would get injured and whomever was tasked to replace him was never fit and firing because they got no minutes throughout the season.

Our problems have not been too much rotation or a lack of rotation. Its our lack of overall squad bloody quality. If you have a squad of quality options who are able to perform then the rotation doesn't matter. If you have more than one creative force in your squad it means you're able to build an alternative starting 11 that is still capable of performing the basics.

Again I'll repeat, our first 11 isn't up to snuff. What do you expect if you rest the better players from the first 11?

My point is week after week I read need to rotate for this game, why? Make changes for good reasons, injury, form or tactics not just for "rotation" sake. We don't know the fitness of the players, how they've trained (like the pillocks on internet) or what tactics will be used, but must rotate. Changes yes, rotation is not cool to me or whatever is the newest word.

My point is week after week I read need to rotate for this game, why? Make changes for good reasons, injury, form or tactics not just for "rotation" sake. We don't know the fitness of the players, how they've trained (like the pillocks on internet) or what tactics will be used, but must rotate. Changes yes, rotation is not cool to me or whatever is the newest word.

We have 4 games in 10 days coming up. So we needed to rotate. We will need to rotate during those games aswell. Otherwise players will break down.

The lack of rotation though is why our teams used to run out of steam under Poch towards the end of the season and in the big competitions. Kane would get injured and whomever was tasked to replace him was never fit and firing because they got no minutes throughout the season.

Our problems have not been too much rotation or a lack of rotation. Its our lack of overall squad bloody quality. If you have a squad of quality options who are able to perform then the rotation doesn't matter. If you have more than one creative force in your squad it means you're able to build an alternative starting 11 that is still capable of performing the basics.

Again I'll repeat, our first 11 isn't up to snuff. What do you expect if you rest the better players from the first 11?

This is key for me and I've been banging on about it for years. So many of our lot struggle with the basics. You watch for example Southampton and you'll see most players good at the basics and playing good football. The reason they struggle is because they don't have difference makers or much x factor in attacking areas. We do have that with Kane, Kulu, Son but that is often negated by the lack of basic footballing ability around them. (Son is a special case in that he has the x factor, when on it, but is rubbish at the basics).

So when you remove our x factor you get games like last night. 11 blokes struggling to pass to one another with no one there to pull something out of their arse to see us through.

We have 4 games in 10 days coming up. So we needed to rotate. We will need to rotate during those games aswell. Otherwise players will break down.

Rotate a couple per game, not all at once.
We could probably get away with taking two from each 11 in each game. 8 players rested. Taking four out, and probably our three best fit players, and having son in poor form along with Bentancur injured it just does not work.

Romero, kulu and kane should never all be out at one time.

Skipp motm at weekend dropped, royal is one of the form players in the league, dropped.
Sometimes it seems more like roulette than rotation.

So do we rest players against Wolves, if so who and why. Don't want Harry, Romero, Deki, Davies, Holjberg or Richaldson injured for Milan game, should be ok playing a similar team to last night as they SHOULD beat Wolves or anyone else apparently. What is our priority winning CL or qualifying next season? Lose to Milan we have to win a lot of games to qualify, with a rotating team.

We could probably get away with taking two from each 11 in each game. 8 players rested. Taking four out, and probably our three best fit players, and having son in poor form along with Bentancur injured it just does not work.

Skipp motm at weekend dropped, royal is one of the form players in the league, dropped.

Rotation is fine. One or two players here and there to give players a rest and others game time. Total overhauls? Doesn't work for us.

Did for sheff utd though.

As i already said.

So do we rest players against Wolves, if so who and why. Don't want Harry, Romero, Deki, Davies, Holjberg or Richaldson injured for Milan game, should be ok playing a similar team to last night as they SHOULD beat Wolves or anyone else apparently. What is our priority winning CL or qualifying next season? Lose to Milan we have to win a lot of games to qualify, with a rotating team.

So what do you suggest we play the same 11 twice a week for the whole season? Only replace when injured?

Agree manage the team sensibly, poke rotation where the sun dont shine.

So what do you suggest we play the same 11 twice a week for the whole season? Only replace when injured?
I would say based on form you don't go Son Richarlison and Moura based on thr fact one is rank out of form, one hasn't scored in yonks and one has been told he can leave. Not sure what Conte is expecting with that and you play either Kane, Deki or Danjuma to at least strengthen to some extent. Not saying play all three but your taking a dump with that front three.

Same with the right side of our side, Moura, Pooro and Sanchez, based on what we know already about them is suicide, you have to play Romero OR Royal, weigh up the risk factor and at least maybe keel Porro for a home game later down the line when he is likely to get a better time of it.

You can make changes without them being full on risk to future games

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

I would say based on form you don't go Son Richarlison and Moura based on thr fact one is rank out of form, one hasn't scored in yonks and one has been told he can leave. Not sure what Conte is expecting with that and you play either Kane, Deki or Danjuma to at least strengthen to some extent. Not saying play all three but your taking a dump with that front three.

Same with the right side of our side, Moura, Pooro and Sanchez, based on what we know already about them is suicide, you have to play Romero OR Royal, weigh up the risk factor and at least maybe keel Porro for a home game later down the line when he is likely to get a better time of it.

You can make changes without them being full on risk to future games

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

I have not suggested that the team he put out was correct or the amount of changes made. All i'm saying was that during the season we will rotate players. That yesterday i had suggested some players be rotated as we have 4 games in 10 days coming up.

The changes i had suggested was giving kane and richie a rest and playing son up front with danjuma on the left.

No manage the players and team, if a player need a rest fine, it's the continual suggestions on here that multiple changed teams should be selected for the GHod of rotation. Look back over the teams that get suggested when we play a perceived weaker team, delusional. Changes when needed and a realisation that the tactics need to change to account for players selected. We dont have half a dozen players to bring in an not see a massive drop in performance.

No manage the players and team, if a player need a rest fine, it's the continual suggestions on here that multiple changed teams should be selected for the GHod of rotation. Look back over the teams that get suggested when we play a perceived weaker team, delusional. Changes when needed and a realisation that the tactics need to change to account for players selected. We dont have half a dozen players to bring in an not see a massive drop in performance.

See my above post those were the only 2 changes i suggested.

Maybe doesn't come across but i was agreeing with you, highlighting how i would do it.
We probably have a core of around 15 that can be relied upon, surely we can field a team of 9 of those and fit in a couple of the "not quite up to it" players and still get results in the cups.

Use them as subs in previous games to help them get up to speed. Porro and sanchez were just chucked in.

See my above post those were the only 2 changes i suggested.

I never suggested you did I'm saying week after week posters suggest rotation on a large scale based on nothing more than thats what you do or our opponents are an easy touch, which none are. 1 or 2 changes are just about what we can stand with the injuries we've got. Even the great Pep fudges it up with his rotation addiction.

I never suggested you did I'm saying week after week posters suggest rotation on a large scale based on nothing more than thats what you do or our opponents are an easy touch, which none are. 1 or 2 changes are just about what we can stand with the injuries we've got. Even the great Pep fudges it up with his rotation addiction.

Tbf i agree. We had people in september calling for players to be rested. A month into the season when we'd only played one or two midweek games.

Back