• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

I was thinking the same whilst watching the game, how Nzonzi looks miles better than anything Utd have in midfield.

I never really watched Pogba in Italy, but surely he was used in a way that made him effective? For Mourinho, it is not clear what his role is or what type of player he is. And he clearly lacks confidence now, as the special one is a master at knocking the stuffing out of his own players.
Nzonzi owned him in the first match too.

Nzonzi is a decent player but no world beater so what does that say about Pogba? MIsused by Mourinho is the narrative by some but that does not excuse him coughing up possession again and again. I'm thinking the hype machine has constructed a player in Pogba that doesn't actually exist.

Last edited:
Nzonzi owned him in the first match too.

Nzonzi is a decent player but no world beater so what does that say about Pogba? MIsused by Mourinho is the narrative by some but that does not excuse him coughing up possession again and again. I'm thinking the hype machine had constructed a player in Pogba that doesn't actually exist.

I'd agree in the I never saw the player in Pogba that justified the price tag, however Jose seems to make attacking players into dogbrick ...

They are living in the past similar to Arsenal.
They though do also have the income to sort it.
But they need to clear out the old guard on the board.

The money they have is comparable to City, those two are in a league of their own in English football in terms of finances. But where City were smart is that they have got the whole set-up around Guardiola, all those ex Barca people in charge of transfers etc. There's a strategy behind the big spending, aimed mainly at younger, very talented players.

Utd just seem to be a bit of a mess with transfers in the post Fergie era. The only semblance of an identity is that Mourinho likes big, physical players so they have bought lots of big, physical players. They need to decide what sort of team they want to be and start putting the pieces in place, they have the money to do anything they want.

Another observation -- Utd have a massive weakness with their centre-halves being quite poor on the ball, unable to play quality forward passes. Seville's forwards didn't press them at all, instead just dropping back and blocking passing lanes to the two sitting midfielders. That made the centre-halves either pass sideways to the fullbacks or play it long to the forwards. It worked a treat for Seville, any team that plays Utd should do the same thing.

Another observation -- Utd have a massive weakness with their centre-halves being quite poor on the ball, unable to play quality forward passes. Seville's forwards didn't press them at all, instead just dropping back and blocking passing lanes to the two sitting midfielders. That made the centre-halves either pass sideways to the fullbacks or play it long to the forwards. It worked a treat for Seville, any team that plays Utd should do the same thing.

Thats been a problem since before SAF finished, I dont understand why they havent put it right. Smalling and Jones FFS!

Alexis Sanchez lost the ball 42 times yesterday! 42!! Fourthy two!

That's more than anyone else has ever managed before, in the history of the CL!

Well done Alexis! We should send him a trophy for that!
That can't be true, can it?

Edit: Sorry just seen that tweet above. All I can say is haha.

That can't be true, can it?

Edit: Sorry just seen that tweet above. All I can say is haha.
Looks like that ridiculous figure might’ve been concocted by Putin’s fake news bots however it’s still amusing to get a rise out of mouthy ManUre fans :D

9A4D8D16-764E-4938-A594-0BB46C5F5E11.jpeg

Looks like that ridiculous figure might’ve been concocted by Putin’s fake news bots however it’s still amusing to get a rise out of mouthy ManUre fans :D

View attachment 4274
Well, THAT statistic is definitely not right. I only watched the game with one eye, but Sanchez lost the ball at least 10 times when I watched. There was a segment where he lost it 4 times in about 15 seconds.

Back