• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

He's absolutely fudgeing deluded if those quotes are accurate.. Embarrassing, unprofessional, sore loser!

Massive bullet dodged...

Whilst I was getting my haircut at the barbers earlier I was reading The Sun and even in that they criticised Van Gaal's arrogance saying "Van Gaal still insisted on trying to gain a small victory with post-match comments that reeked of sour grapes".

When The Sun is criticising a United manager for those sorts of comments you know it was uncalled for.

This is what £250 mill. buys you
attachment-1_77.png

Ohh how the times have changed!! It's quite amusing reading stuff like this on Redcafe
You often find in games that the 'away' side start very well and dominate the first 15/25 minutes but achieve nothing.What did we create during our so called period of dominance? Zero_Once the Spud realised we weren't up to a whole lot there was only going to be one winner.Hopefully it will be another 15 years before we lose there again.....
Exactly. Conversely, when Spurs dominated, they easily could have scored 5 or 6 goals. Whereas, we easily could have had 3 or 4 throw ins.

Nice story...
http://www.football365.com/news/mails-liverpool-will-challenge-next-season

Following the game yesterday and LVG’s post-match comments, I thought it would be worth writing in to the mailbox about an encounter I had with the United manager on holiday last summer in Vilamoura, Portugal. My wife and I were out for dinner when we saw him and his family entering the restaurant we were in (whilst we were sat at the back by the toilets, he and his family were placed front and centre in the middle obviously). I’m a Spurs fan but I thought that I would never get the chance again to meet someone with such history in the game, Ajax, Barca, Holland and United to name but a few. So, once we had finished, and by this time the restaurant had virtually cleared out, with a bit of Dutch courage (i.e a fair few beers and wines), I decided to interrupt the Van Gaal family dinner and ask for a photo. Having heard of his reputation as a tough task master, and seeing his interactions over the years with the press, I was a bit nervous at his reaction, but before I could even finish my question of whether I could have a photo, he stopped me and asked me who I supported, specifically, are you United or City? I said neither, I was a Spurs fan. Straight away he smiled and said that is OK then. His son immediately stood up and said that he would take the picture and commented that they were big fans of Spurs and “Mr. Levy”.

He asked me to sit next to him and once the photo had been taken, asked me my thoughts on Spurs. I said that last season was OK, but felt that this season we would again be pushing for 4th, but would probably finish 5th or 6th (how wrong was I). He immediately stopped me and said that we had a great “selection” (not sure why, but he always used that word instead of team/squad) and said that we would win the league in the next few years if we stayed together. Obviously I thought he was being polite as no one could have foreseen what has since happened, and just replied that I thought he would have more chance with his team as he would be able to spend some serious money in the summer. He was actually then quite dismissive as he said that he couldn’t win the league with this selection, they weren’t good enough. I said that he would be buying a few players soon to add to that squad and he laughed and said possibly…..it was very shortly after this that Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlein joined. I just said please don’t take Lloris away from us as at the time it looked certain that De Gea would be going to Madrid…again he just laughed.

I thought I would push my luck a bit and mentioned to him that everyone thought that he was going to be signing for us before United came in for him. He said that the deal was all agreed with “Mr. Levy”, and he was very impressed with him and Spurs as a whole, but then United came in and he simply couldn’t turn them down. But he said that he would love to work with Mr Levy one day and his whole family were very fond of Spurs.

At this point I realised I had outstayed my welcome and his wife, daughter in law and grandchild were sick of me sitting there so I thanked him for being so nice and said good luck for the season.

He was genuinely a lovely guy and couldn’t have been further away from the irritable man we see in front of the press now. His comments yesterday about United being a bigger club than Spurs may still be true, but I know which club I’m backing (admittedly, slightly biased) for success over the next few years. How different our seasons could have been if we had had LVG in charge and not Pochettino. Lets just make sure we keep him now!
Mike, Southend (THFC obviously)

Although I don't think he would have achieved what Poch has for, I also don't think he would have been a total disaster either.
He isn't stupid, and if a deal was agreed with levy it would have been with different criteria than his deal with Man U.
Man U aren't just a football club, they are a brand and some of the decisions being made there are obviously being made at board level over his head to keep the brand In the spotlight This is impacting on the pitch.
The state Ferguson and moyes left that in it was never going to be turned around in two seasons. I also think he will the club in a much better position than he found it, but he will probably not get credit for that until much later, if at all.
The club have also hung him out there a bit IMO.

Van Gaal said:
I have respect for the results of Leicester City, but I can only speak about facts.

And the facts are that, before our injuries, we were first in the league. You can’t deny that. That is a fact.

One section of the media has had me sacked for six months – and I am still here.

So you can’t do that. Why do I have to defend myself?

I always have a feeling of being excited about the future because I have done it at every club. And I was hired here to do that for this club.

I can’t speak about progress. I am a realistic man and I only speak about facts.

Up until now, we are less because last year we were fourth, now we are fifth. But still we are able to end the season third so we have to wait and see on May 15, then we know for sure.

I can’t say again ‘if, if.’ The facts count and the fact is we are in the FA Cup Final, the fact is we were in the Champions League, that we didn’t do last year.

The fact is we went further in the Capital One Cup and so on. So there are a lot of positives but now we are one position less than last year and that position is very important for the club, the most important position.

tumblr_la3ez2S3Fv1qc2d3ro1_500.jpg

Koeman would be a better choice than Mourinho. He really has done a fantastic job at Southampton, dare I say better than Poch did when he was there.

Mourinho's constant look for confrontation, conspiracies, drama just won't work anymore. It's boring, pathetic, not really welcome. Of course I don't care about Utd, they are welcome to the clown, but that classless runt puts a stain on the PL.

Mourinho has changed. When he started at Chelsea he played the manipulative mind games but managed to do so with a certain wit and charm, which disguised the cynicism. Now he is nastier and boorish.

What I am less sure of is if he still has it as a top manager. With the money United are likely to throw at him an average manager should be able to get top four, which Mourinho should do easily enough, but can he do much better and challenge for the title.

One thing a change of manager and recruitment of Mourinho would mean is that United will be spending big.

I may well have to eat my words at the end of the season, but I can't see this ending well for Utd. He may have a winning mentality but as has been seen recently he can also create a divisive atmosphere. His constant courting of controversy is old hat now and makes him look and sound ridiculous, rather than the breath of fresh air he was seen as when he first came to the PL.
He may have the advantage of picking up a team happy to have moved on from van Gael, but hopefully it will be a summer/season of restructuring and transitioning, leading to the natives becoming restless and the pressure getting to Jose.
Charlton and Ferguson "upstairs" and Mourinho "downstairs" feels like a recipe for disaster (even though the former two must have been consulted about his appointment).

still not official or confirmed, talk about protracted negotiations if you believe they've been going on since january, that doesn't bode well that there's a power struggle before he even takes the job.

At the end of the day they still have Woodward sorting out transfers and he is as good as an ashtray on a motorbike based on his two windws so far

At the end of the day they still have Woodward sorting out transfers and he is as good as an ashtray on a motorbike based on his two windws so far

I assume they have Woodward in charge of negotiations with Mourinho. He is the only man who can put in jeaopardy negotiations between a club hierarchy, who have decided on their man, and the man, who desperately wants to job.

Back