• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

Mourinho is a busted flush

I hand on heart think its a terrible move for United

Agreed. Also, straight away there'll be a list of very highly motivated enemies he's ad spats with in the past to deal with, who'd love to win against him and Sky/BBC will try and poke him for a quote about it.

Enemies:

- Ranieri
- Guardiola
- Klopp
- Wenger
- Allardyce
- Hughes
- Conte

I don't think Jose would have worked in such a competetive league before: The extra 10% effort put in to beat the Mourinho-driven Manure circus might prove to much imo

I don't think Jose would have worked in such a competetive league before: The extra 10% effort put in to beat the Mourinho-driven Manure circus might prove to much imo

This is the point I made to a mate, this season will see how good he really is. Not as big a spender as rest and against some very good 24/7 teams now, from 1 - 14/17 place you have to work for every point now and he proved with Chelsea last season he could not deal with the increased quality in some teams.

This statement puts my neck out on the line and is there to be shot at, but - Real Madrid, one of the best 3 clubs in the world, Mourinho - Lauded as one of the best managers in the world..........If he is so great how could he not make that Real period into a legacy? I know people will say Real is a circus but I am basing it on his reputation of being the best, if he is the best he should have made it work.....

This is the point I made to a mate, this season will see how good he really is. Not as big a spender as rest and against some very good 24/7 teams now, from 1 - 14/17 place you have to work for every point now and he proved with Chelsea last season he could not deal with the increased quality in some teams.

This statement puts my neck out on the line and is there to be shot at, but - Real Madrid, one of the best 3 clubs in the world, Mourinho - Lauded as one of the best managers in the world..........If he is so great how could he not make that Real period into a legacy? I know people will say Real is a circus but I am basing it on his reputation of being the best, if he is the best he should have made it work.....

No arguments from me on that:D

What do you think his target will be first season? Win league or get into top 4?

Top 4 definitely, but if they have a title challenge faith in him (and the club) will be restored somewhat.

I can't wait to see how he treats the Europa League (a competition he belittled big time IIRC) and that will make things VERY difficult to get back into the top 4 imo

I don't really disagree with your post, but for the sake of argument I think the circus is a factor. When Mourinho took over, Real hadn't made the quarterfinals of the Campions League for five (or six?) straight seasons. Mourinho rectified this and, iirc, got them to the semis three times.

He could certainly have done better, and perhaps should have if he is to be considered a managerial great, but he wasn't a failure. He also left Real in better shape when he left, which is not his usual MO.

I don't really disagree with your post, but for the sake of argument I think the circus is a factor. When Mourinho took over, Real hadn't made the quarterfinals of the Champions League for five (or six?) straight seasons. Mourinho rectified this and, iirc, got them to the semis three times.

I agree to a point but Real not making the Semis for that long is great failure.

My point would be if he is the special one he should have been manager to this day and done more with Real Madrid, considering that was the team that was able to spend 80m+ on one player. He was also replaced by someone that when in and won the champion league.

But I do hear what you are saying though

Why the deal is being held up

CjS-HbiUgAAm1Kx.jpg:large

Meanwhile Poch doesn't even have an agent.

Football is not what it used to be ^^^

Speaking of watches I had a €22k watch in my hands today. Rolex. It was rank actually.

This is incredibly sad and extremely interesting at the same time.
Indeed, a great article. And then people follow up with posts about whether Mourinho will be a success! It doesn't matter, he will be BOX OFFICE and that is what Man Utd want, big news stories, big signings, big fights, big articles, all over Twitter and Sky News. They don't want to be shoved off the front and back pages! Crazy. And crazy that Mourinho has those conflicting deals with watch manufacturers etc, just crazy

I agree to a point but Real not making the Semis for that long is great failure.

My point would be if he is the special one he should have been manager to this day and done more with Real Madrid, considering that was the team that was able to spend 80m+ on one player. He was also replaced by someone that when in and won the champion league.

But I do hear what you are saying though

To be fair the Porto and Inter Milan sides that he won the Champions League were worse than Real Madrid so you could argue that Mourinho has already proven himself with weaker sides and didn't need to at Real.

Sometimes it just doesn't work at a certain club at a certain time. As we saw at Chelsea last season all it takes is a couple of disgruntled players to drag a side down. As they saying goes, a small hole will sink a great ship.

I think Mourinho will succeed at United. I don't want them to as I'm no fan of Mourinho or United and the longer they stay outside the top 4 the better it is for us.

I guess in 12 months we'll have more of an idea on who's right. Maybe even sooner if he does indeed fail hard. :p

I guess in 12 months we'll have more of an idea on who's right. Maybe even sooner if he does indeed fail hard. :p

Yeh I think this though as its Man United presents a huge task that I have a gut feeling he is not up to. The dream run with Porto and Inter was probably made easier in the lack of totally pressure or expectation, but again you still have to win it, so full credit.

But I am backing him to fail....sounds like Brexit

I expect him to succeed. He will improve them over a couple of years, but whether he improves them enough to win the title before the melt-down is in question. I doubt he can change and become a long-term manager.

United seem to be trading for instant results rather than a building process. Perhaps they need it to satisfy the market for their brand, to satisfy the unrest expressed by Adidas and possibly others. Will this just be a temporary fix, before appointing a more long-term-minded manager, or are they destined to follow the galactico model with a high turnover of managers.

The delay in Mourinho's appointment over his image rights is instructive. Chelsea acquired the rights in 2005 and this was not an impediment to Mourinho managing elsewhere. United could appoint Mourinho without dealing with the image rights, but have chosen not to. This suggests that Mourinho's image rights are part of their plan and that the Mourinho brand and its appeal to the consumers of the United brand is as much a reason for his appointment as his football management skills.

Will he improve them above the improvements We, Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project will make in the summer. I think the playing field with us and Man United is alot closer than us and Chelsea when he was there first time and I don think his influence is any greater than Poch

I think Utd will win the league next season, with City second.

3rd and 4th will be between us, Ars, Chels and Pool.

I know we are more stable than the others but they have more money to chuck around.

If we manage to finish in the top 4 next season it will be a miracle and eclipse this season's achievements.

I think Utd will win the league next season, with City second.

3rd and 4th will be between us, Ars, Chels and Pool.

I know we are more stable than the others but they have more money to chuck around.

If we manage to finish in the top 4 next season it will be a miracle and eclipse this season's achievements.

hahaha .. I just fudging spat my drink out ...

If United win the league next year, then Mourinho is the best manager in the world. That side is so far from a title winning side its amazing, add in, Mourinho is going to get players that will likely push the only good thing about United this season aside (the young players), I just don't see it.

Top 4 = sure, a Cup win = sure, win the PL = no

United is going to have to pay way over the odds (it will be a extremely competitive market re money, they have no CL and for once, he won't be the manager everyone wants to work with) for second choice players.

Manure is in full panic mode now, they are going to go 100% short term and won't solve any of the deeper issues at the club, just punt it for another year or two.

I don't think that success is a guarantee for Mourinho at Utd. Chelsea were awful under him last season and they have the Europa League to hinder a league campaign (potentially) again. He's under immense pressure because he has never gone anywhere as a failure before, which is what he ended his last job as. This wasn't finishing 2nd or 3rd in the league and getting the boot, this was getting sacked after less than 20 league games on the board. Failure. If Utd get off to a poor start under him then everyone will start to wonder if he's still got it, or whether he has become yesterday's man. I can see the wheels coming off in spectacular fashion.

Back