• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

Seems Maguire would rather stay at United than move to West Ham (a few people here would approve of this). Will this change Southgate's position on Maguire. It's one thing showing faith in a player who has had limited playing time due to a change in club management, it''s another when the player has a choice.

Obviously just 'ITK' so pinch of salt and all that but thought I'd paste it here...

Trix
So I've just had a chat with an agent who has a player at United. There are a group of players who don't want him back some members of the women's team have threatened to walk, sponsors are asking what's going on and are awaiting an onslaught on their socials. Not to mention large sections of their own supporter base want him nowhere near the club.

I just can't see they'd value him as a player over everything they'll face if he plays for them again.

This just won't go away over time, and he'll get abuse from fans for the rest of his career.

Obviously just 'ITK' so pinch of salt and all that but thought I'd paste it here...

Trix
So I've just had a chat with an agent who has a player at United. There are a group of players who don't want him back some members of the women's team have threatened to walk, sponsors are asking what's going on and are awaiting an onslaught on their socials. Not to mention large sections of their own supporter base want him nowhere near the club.

I just can't see they'd value him as a player over everything they'll face if he plays for them again.

This just won't go away over time, and he'll get abuse from fans for the rest of his career.

Seeing the news reports tonight, they just can't keep him now surely.

Fair play to the women groups pushing this further, can't continue to have these scumbags within the game because of perceived success.

Next the racists, homophones and drink driving murderers and we might have a cleaner more inclusive sport

Seeing the news reports tonight, they just can't keep him now surely.

Fair play to the women groups pushing this further, can't continue to have these scumbags within the game because of perceived success.

Next the racists, homophones and drink driving murderers and we might have a cleaner more inclusive sport

I think you underestimate how bricky people can be for "talent"

They will wait it out a little bit more, the whole line about they have additional evidence is disgraceful, they think people didn't have ears?

They should have just paid him out a long time ago, the idea that the few million owed on his contract and his potential skill is anywhere near worth considering for the PR hit is imbecilic

And they made a point of delaying the decision to consult some of their women players who are out of the country (playing some soccer down under or something).

If Greenwood isn't reinstated they are going to get a lot of on-line abuse. Craven behaviour by the United management.
Waiting to bury the news of his reinstatement behind England's women winning the World Cup is their hope, I suspect.

I think you underestimate how bricky people can be for "talent"

They will wait it out a little bit more, the whole line about they have additional evidence is disgraceful, they think people didn't have ears?

They should have just paid him out a long time ago, the idea that the few million owed on his contract and his potential skill is anywhere near worth considering for the PR hit is imbecilic

Ohhh no don't get me wrong, I have cluttered this forum up moaning about selling souls for goals and wins. Terry, Suarez, Alonso, Greenwood...I mean the list is longer but had those players been utterly dogmuck I am sure the clubs would have acted with more morality. As it is, we mad a scapecgoat of Anton Ferdinand because he was an average player. shameful really

Looks like United have struck a deal and he is leaving by mutual agreement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66554874
United said in a statement: "All those involved, including Mason, recognise the difficulties with him recommencing his career at Manchester United.

"It has therefore been mutually agreed that it would be most appropriate for him to do so away from Old Trafford, and we will now work with Mason to achieve that outcome.

"Based on the evidence available to us, we have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged. That said, as Mason publicly acknowledges today, he has made mistakes which he is taking responsibility for."
In a statement, Greenwood accepted he had "made mistakes" and took his "share of responsibility", but added: "I did not do the things I was accused of."

He said: "Today's decision has been part of a collaborative process between Manchester United, my family and me. The best decision for us all is for me to continue my football career away from Old Trafford, where my presence will not be a distraction for the club. I thank the club for their support since I joined aged seven. There will always be a part of me which is United.

"I am enormously grateful to my family and all my loved ones for their support, and it is now for me to repay the trust those around me have shown. I intend to be a better footballer, but most importantly a good father, a better person, and to use my talents in a positive way on and off the pitch."

I suppose they speak the same corporatese because he's been with the club since age 7.

Looks like United have struck a deal and he is leaving by mutual agreement.

Rubbish ain't it. "We believe he did nothing wrong and wanted to keep him here at United but you horrible people out there are forcing him out. We'll also help him as much as we can to find a nice new club away from you horrible people because we believe he did nothing wrong"

Rubbish ain't it. "We believe he did nothing wrong and wanted to keep him here at United but you horrible people out there are forcing him out. We'll also help him as much as we can to find a nice new club away from you horrible people because we believe he did nothing wrong"

Glad they came to that decision though, a win for whats right

Saudi incoming

Hope he disappears into obscurity if he has remorse, or gets some serious come-uppance karma if he doesn't.

It's a sad world when you can so openly buy-off victims' families not to testify like that

Back