• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

Sounds like they wanted to keep him but realised the heat on them and the bad PR wouldn't be worth it so reluctantly releasing him. Ridiculous it's taken so long to make a decision that was so obvious.

Sounds like they wanted to keep him but realised the heat on them and the bad PR wouldn't be worth it so reluctantly releasing him. Ridiculous it's taken so long to make a decision that was so obvious.

I dont even think they'll release him. They will try to flog him in the next few days on a permanent tomake some money and if that doesn't work they'll loan him somewhere like Roma for a loan fee with an obligation (or more likely an option as no one ever agrees to obligations if they can help it) on deadline day.

I doubt they'll release him as it would apparently cost them around 7mill to pay off his contract.

I dont even think they'll release him. They will try to flog him in the next few days on a permanent tomake some money and if that doesn't work they'll loan him somewhere like Roma for a loan fee with an obligation (or more likely an option as no one ever agrees to obligations if they can help it) on deadline day.

I doubt they'll release him as it would apparently cost them around 7mill to pay off his contract.

Surely his misconduct is breach of contract for any employer, so they could easily dismiss him?

Surely his misconduct is breach of contract for any employer, so they could easily dismiss him?

A bit tricky when they have put out a statement to say he did not commit the offences he was originally charged with.

(As an aside, I find the wording of that rather odd - why include the word "originally"? Almost as if there has been other stuff that he wasn't charged with but did happen. Given that Utd's lawyers would no doubt have written the statement, or certainly reviewed/approved it, it must be a deliberate inclusion. I am probably reading too much into it but it strikes me as a strange inclusion).

I could help laugh at this from Martin Samuels:

It is presumed that he can make his career abroad, in Italy or Turkey, as if beyond these shores the nationals do not possess the same scruples. United appear to be working on the assumption that somewhere there is a club, or a league, so desperately ambitious, or in such a parlous state, that it will overlook all the details that have made Greenwood a pariah at Old Trafford. Where are they thinking? Saudi Arabia? Everton?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...ster-united-next-club-news-transfer-8wmpw9rd9

A bit tricky when they have put out a statement to say he did not commit the offences he was originally charged with.

(As an aside, I find the wording of that rather odd - why include the word "originally"? Almost as if there has been other stuff that he wasn't charged with but did happen. Given that Utd's lawyers would no doubt have written the statement, or certainly reviewed/approved it, it must be a deliberate inclusion. I am probably reading too much into it but it strikes me as a strange inclusion).

There's definitely a lot to this than we are being told about, the wording of that statement along with several sources saying they know more but can't comment say to me that there is a lot legal issues.

There's definitely a lot to this than we are being told about, the wording of that statement along with several sources saying they know more but can't comment say to me that there is a lot legal issues.

Yep, the case was dropped so there is a level of what they can't say and his freedom to say what he likes (within reason). I think United have gone OTT with the semi defence of it, but again, they have got to the right outcome IMO. That's progress in football terms.

Yep, the case was dropped so there is a level of what they can't say and his freedom to say what he likes (within reason). I think United have gone OTT with the semi defence of it, but again, they have got to the right outcome IMO. That's progress in football terms.

Charges dropped and/because allegations withdrawn, is that the case?
If so he is quite entitled to say he is innocent (although I don't think he is) and utd have no case to sack him.
If they do they will end up in court.

Charges dropped and/because allegations withdrawn, is that the case?
If so he is quite entitled to say he is innocent (although I don't think he is) and utd have no case to sack him.
If they do they will end up in court.

Allegations withdrawn because he paid off the victim's dad, who forced her to withdraw the allegations...

In relation to a potential move to Saudi

I didn't realise they operate a full franchise model to signings? I thought there were reports one club couldn't see through signings because of debts?

Screenshot_20230822_174318_Samsung Internet.jpg

Back