• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

Id really love to see Mourinho take over a mid table team.

Have to work with limited players, limited budget, more tooth and nail week to week.

Its the thing thats missing from his resume. He has never built a team up, developed a side beyond its standing. Not really.

Never developed players, never been canny in the market, never had to adapt his methods to suit what he has to work with.

If he could do that, he would really prove something.

I suspect he cant, and I suspect thats why he'll never do it - but Id love to see him try.

This goes for Pepe also!

Have to work with limited players, limited budget, more tooth and nail week to week.

Its the thing thats missing from his resume. He has never built a team up, developed a side beyond its standing. Not really.

Never developed players, never been canny in the market, never had to adapt his methods to suit what he has to work with.

I suspect he cant, and I suspect thats why he'll never do it - but Id love to see him try.

But would he have the cojones to take such a job? I doubt it. :p

Norwegian tabloids are all over rumours that Ole Gunnar Solskjær will be appointed caretaker manager until the summer, he's supposedly in talks now and will be presented as a caretaker within 48 hours. Not convinced of that, but I reckon they'll go the caretaker route.

Mourinho did at least cut his teeth at Uniao de Leiria and Porto. It's Guardiola whose only ever had more resources than his competitors.

Mourinho might do what his mentor van Gaal did though when he went and rebuilt his career by overachieving at a small club with AZ.

Think Pep and Klopp would disagree. They’ve both won trophies and have done better in the CL than Poch.

As to whether he stays or not, I think the next few weeks will tell us more. If we make no signings then I can see Poch getting fed up and walking away, especially if a bigger club like United come calling. At the same time he seems happy here for now so there’s no immediate need to panic.
What has Klopp won in the PL well aside from the British Gurning Championships

The hearts and minds of the media and quite a number of posters on this board as well. If only Poch could work the same magic! Maybe if he was given the funds Klopp has he might though?

So whats the rule in regards to a club approaching a manager, they do not need permission do they? are Levy's hand tied in this situation? Do they see out the contract or is it a case of, unlike players, managers can quit?

So whats the rule in regards to a club approaching a manager, they do not need permission do they? are Levy's hand tied in this situation? Do they see out the contract or is it a case of, unlike players, managers can quit?
They have to ask our permission to speak to Poch, we can just refuse IF it happens

They have to ask our permission to speak to Poch, we can just refuse IF it happens

They already more than likely have. If they haven’t there is no way we can stop them in the real world. Personally I think Poch would be stupid to go there till they get thier act together as a club.

They have Gary Neville as an "indeprendent" pundit to promote the cause for the rest of the season. Poch is smarter than Redknapp, but it will still take some skill to avoid a negative impact. A move into a new stadium might be a welcome distraction.

The same number of trophies Poch has is the only real answer. But he’s won back to back bundesliga titles finishing above Bayern who had more resources and can essentially cherry pick any player from any German team of their choosing. He’s also been more successful in the champions league than Poch so far.

The hearts and minds of the media and quite a number of posters on this board as well. If only Poch could work the same magic! Maybe if he was given the funds Klopp has he might though?

I know mate, a lot of posters on here don’t like it when someone praises anyone connected with anything other than THFC. When someone praises another manager they take it personally as a dig against Spurs.

They are both brilliant managers but Klopp has the edge for me as he has won multiple trophies, not just cups either and has gone further in the CL.

I know mate, a lot of posters on here don’t like it when someone praises anyone connected with anything other than THFC. When someone praises another manager they take it personally as a dig against Spurs.

They are both brilliant managers but Klopp has the edge for me as he has won multiple trophies, not just cups either and has gone further in the CL.
Selective analysis there Jurgen. Klopp has done better in the Champions League but Poch has bettered him so far with his PL finishes.. Surely that means their achievements with Spurs and Liverpool are pretty much equal. Klopp therefore does not have the edge.

It's hard to compare achievements at previous clubs because their previous managerial positions were simply poles apart. I have said previously Poch finishing second ahead of Utd, City, Arsenal, Liverpool matches Klopp bundesliga where his only serious rival was Bayern. However with less resources so far Poch has bettered Klopp each season in the league.

Back