• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

Are people laying off LVG because they are sure it will come good eventually? Apparently their line-up v City was the most expensive starting 11 ever in the PL (250m or something?)

They've just played the best two and conceded, only two goals . I thought they played well yesterday, having lost a player before half-time. The fact that they didn't crumble and lose by three and four, is bad news I think for the those chasing that 4th place.

Are people laying off LVG because they are sure it will come good eventually? Apparently their line-up v City was the most expensive starting 11 ever in the PL (250m or something?)

I think at least there's a feeling in the press that he will come good eventually and they don't want to be the one's on the wrong side of the LvG history. I do think they're giving him some leeway because of that.

A snip at just £241million...

B1hB44vIMAAuxPH.jpg

Van Gaal now says it will take 3 years to get United back on track.

Really? Wow. How many more millions on top of what they have already spent too?

I was a bit disappointed when we didn't snag him as our own manager but now I'm glad we missed him.

i remember posters on here saying he was perfect for us because he wasn't the kind of manager that needed to buy superstars and he would work with what he had plus 1ot 2 special signings

20m for Rooney??

I looked them up on transfermarkt just before the game at the weekend:

MUFC: De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Rojo, Shaw, Blind, Fellaini, Januzaj, Rooney, Di Maria, Van Persie
MUFC: 18m, 17m, 7m, 18m, 33m, 15m, 29m, 500k, 33m, 66m, 27m = ~265m

So far what I have seen from LVGs style both at the world cup and with Holland is direct football. Balls over the top. Nothing pretty or revolutionary. He has huge resources and hasn't spent wisely in my opinion.

His infamous double training sessions which have always yielded high injury levels in his squads is showing.

Did we dodge a bullet and get a coach more suited to our level and position.

Would Lvg have been a disaster?

Would Lvg have been a disaster?

I wouldnt go as far to say he wouldve been a disaster. but he hasnt done anything worth noting in the past decade. and some of his quotes make me think he is the dutch brenton rodgers. no point in offering someone with his recent cv such a high salary imo. we're better off with mopo

i remember posters on here saying he was perfect for us because he wasn't the kind of manager that needed to buy superstars and he would work with what he had plus 1ot 2 special signings

those posters may be correct... 1 or 2 special signing/players could have got us really challenging for top 4. or get holland into the latter rounds of the worldcup. but to sustain a long term challenge for honors in england, you need a lot more than just one or two special players. which is what they have/are now. and hence, challenging for top 4.

Really? Wow. How many more millions on top of what they have already spent too?

lvg is an idiot for saying judge him in 3 months. but i think he may be right with these latest comments. unfortunately thats modern football. they need to spend like they have done this summer for a few more windows imo to be competitive with city and chelsea. thats basically why no-one has won the prem in the last few years/decade etc who hasnt had giant financial resources. you simply need to be able to spend, spend and spend some more if you have dreams of winning the title.

Back