• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christmas Wish List

You really don't think it's more likely that a younger player will be happy on the bench and getting cup games/occasional league starts than Negredo or another experienced player being happy with that squad role?

You really don't think someone like Dembele moving from Fulham would be more likely to accept that role in the squad for a while?

It seems overwhelmingly obvious to me. And it seems true in a lot of other positions on the pitch for us.

Dembele is only 19 isn't he? For comparison that's the same as Onomah, and 3 years younger than Njie

For me the sweet spot for our new CF should be 18-20. That's old enough to step in if needed, but young enough to accept biding their time, learning from an established player like Kane.

For a while yes, but if i was an up and coming player i would like to think i would ultimately earn a place in the side going forward. Any kid we buy would have to have a lot of confidence he can kick Kane out the side even within the next 2 years.

They might turn out to be a Lennon to Kane's Routledge. An Owen to Kane's Fowler. A Giggs to Kane's Lee Sharpe.

Or they might be a Kyle Naughton and in 2-3 years when they get bored we'll swap them for a Trippier.

You really don't think it's more likely that a younger player will be happy on the bench and getting cup games/occasional league starts than Negredo or another experienced player being happy with that squad role?

You really don't think someone like Dembele moving from Fulham would be more likely to accept that role in the squad for a while?

It seems overwhelmingly obvious to me. And it seems true in a lot of other positions on the pitch for us.

I am with you on this, I can see no way that Negredo will come here as a bit part player and it would be a great move for Dembele and hopefully us.

Dembele is only 19 isn't he? For comparison that's the same as Onomah, and 3 years younger than Njie

For me the sweet spot for our new CF should be 18-20. That's old enough to step in if needed, but young enough to accept biding their time, learning from an established player like Kane.
It will be very, very difficult (read 'impossible' or perhaps 'impossibly expensive') to find an 18 to 20 year old who is good enough to be able to play instead of Kane and the performance of our team to not suffer quite considerably.

I am with you on this, I can see no way that Negredo will come here as a bit part player and it would be a great move for Dembele and hopefully us.
Negredo has been completely frozen out at Valencia after criticising the manager. He played only 3 games back in September and hasn't been picked since.

Sitting on our bench and coming on with 20 minutes to go, starting cup games and being first choice if Kane were to pick up an injury would be a HUGE advancement for Negredo on his current situation at Valencia.

I would imagine that Valencia would very much like to have somebody else pay Negredo's wages while putting him in the shop window for a summer transfer.

We would get a striker who has already proven he has what it takes to play in England, a striker that has many similar attributes to Kane, a player with a point to prove and a player who would be trying to win himself a place in Spain's Euro 2016 team.

Everybody wins.

Negredo has been completely frozen out at Valencia after criticising the manager. He played only 3 games back in September and hasn't been picked since.

Sitting on our bench and coming on with 20 minutes to go, starting cup games and being first choice if Kane were to pick up an injury would be a HUGE advancement for Negredo on his current situation at Valencia.

I would imagine that Valencia would very much like to have somebody else pay Negredo's wages while putting him in the shop window for a summer transfer.

We would get a striker who has already proven he has what it takes to play in England, a striker that has many similar attributes to Kane, a player with a point to prove and a player who would be trying to win himself a place in Spain's Euro 2016 team.

Everybody wins.
The coach at Valencia is gone I think. Phil Neville might pick him.

Everybody wins.

I accept that but that is the point I was making why swap one bench for another, if he is to move I would suggest he would only go to a team who would play him more often and that is not here. We shall see

I accept that but that is the point I was making why swap one bench for another, if he is to move I would suggest he would only go to a team who would play him more often and that is not here. We shall see
I think because he wasn't even making the bench there. He was completely frozen out. Still as Roscharch points out it seems to be too late now with Valencia sacking the coach who had frozen him out.

To be top at Christmas. That would give me a warm glow as a slowly drink myself into a stupor on Christmas day.

It will be very, very difficult (read 'impossible' or perhaps 'impossibly expensive') to find an 18 to 20 year old who is good enough to be able to play instead of Kane and the performance of our team to not suffer quite considerably.

We won't find any player that can step in for Kane in a way that won't see our performances suffering quite considerably.

I know Negredo is now looking unlikely for even more reasons. But to the extent he is proven in the PL it was for a rather magnificent City team, and as a part of a team playing with two strikers most of the time. He doesn't seem as mobile as Kane to me and although he has some of the same strengths as Kane I don't think he would step in without our performances suffering considerably.

I would rather see us go for a young player that when he gets game time can use that to develop into a better player for the future. Kane, by being awesome, has taken a lot of pressure of us to sign a "here and now" striker. He has given us the chance to sign someone more promising with talent for the future instead.

Now we are sitting in fourth at Chrimbo, it could not be any better time to strengthen our attacking options. No more Sahas or Raziaks, please, just a top quality replacement/cover for Kane. Let's push the boat out for once Daniel. Net spend can be covered by Townsend and Fazio who are both clearly surplus to requirements. Those that can score goals cost big bucks, so don't be afraid to pay top dollar. A 60million place in the CL is awaiting. To dare is to do. Be brave.

"I'll take 'paying roughly 14.5 million pounds to trigger Inaki Williams' release clause' for 100, Alex."

Now we are sitting in fourth at Chrimbo, it could not be any better time to strengthen our attacking options. No more Sahas or Raziaks, please, just a top quality replacement/cover for Kane. Let's push the boat out for once Daniel. Net spend can be covered by Townsend and Fazio who are both clearly surplus to requirements. Those that can score goals cost big bucks, so don't be afraid to pay top dollar. A 60million place in the CL is awaiting. To dare is to do. Be brave.

Correct. But its' whether the top brass have learnt the lesson from a few seasons ago. We had a massive chance to kick-on and finish 3rd, or even higher (we will never know), but we didnt speculate.
Another forward is an essential right row if nothing else

Push the boat out and buy whom?

The ghost of Soldado is abroad :eek:

Last edited:

Do you think that Poch wants to sign the finished article or someone he can mold and wants to learn?

Also, how much do you expect to get for Fazio and Townsend? Personally, I'd be surprised if it was enough to get a top quality Kane replacement.

Back