• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christmas Wish List

Id keep Kane over Bale too.

I just think Kane is the poster boy for this current Spurs team. He personally encapsulates the current culture of the club. It's invaluable what he brings.

We haven't had anyone with that aura around him since Ledley, and I think if he stays around, he'll convince others to stay around too.

I also think he'll attract other top talent.

It's not outside the realms of possibility that Levy and the Poch may have a word with Bale and show him what we are building here, and convince him that he wants to be a part of it.

Id keep Kane over Bale too.

I just think Kane is the poster boy for this current Spurs team. He personally encapsulates the current culture of the club. It's invaluable what he brings.

We haven't had anyone with that aura around him since Ledley, and I think if he stays around, he'll convince others to stay around too.

I also think he'll attract other top talent.

It's not outside the realms of possibility that Levy and the Poch may have a word with Bale and show him what we are building here, and convince him that he wants to be a part of it.

I've always clung to the belief that, once the new Stadium is built Gareth will come home. I know it maybe sounds crazy, but this is football and crazier things have happened.

With regard to my wish for Chanukah, I'd like Charlie Austin, why? He has shown he can score in the prem, so no risk like we have had with overseas strikers, added to which he alreay lives in London so the settling in time , family disruption etc would be minimal. It makes sense to me.

praying-300x235.jpg

Old-Man-Praying.jpg

praying-cat1.jpg

Swapping Kane for Bale is like dumping your faithful, loving girlfriend for your fit ex who dumped you for another man.

Not that I don't ever think about my ex when I masturbate though.

For Christmas I would love:

1. Gareth Bale to come back saying he's done his Madrid adventure and wants to come back where he is happiest;
2. Lloris, Poch, Dembele, Kane, Dier, Alli, Eriksen, Lamela, Mason, Carroll, Vertongen, Rose and Walker to sign new contracts;
3. Us to sign Dembele junior;
4. For Arsenal to suffer a dip in form akin to what Chelsea have suffered;
5. For us to sign some immense unknown that will completely take this team by storm.

2. Lloris, Poch, Dembele, Kane, Dier, Alli, Eriksen, Lamela, Mason, Carroll, Vertongen, Rose and Walker to sign new contracts;

5. For us to sign some immense unknown that will completely take this team by storm.

Lightning may strike twice, but three times??

Lightning may strike twice, but three times??

If they deserve it then it should be done imho as it is the right thing to do. It will stop their agents and other team's agents putting ideas into their heads that they're not treated well. To have these guys put on 5+1 contracts would be great.

How is Negredo going to get enough game time to get into the Euro squad by being Kane's backup? I really doubt cup games and the occasional league start is going to do it for him... Or are you suggesting moving Kane deeper?

For me perhaps Austin could be tempted. He'll be desperate to get out of QPR I'm guessing. And although he's not going to get enough game time to get to the Euros with us either I think, but it will be a huge step up from QPR either way. He'll be cheap-ish and provide good cover at the very least.

If not him then someone younger. Embolo, Dembele type player.

Or do nothing at all. Nothing at all is also fine.

Kane moving deeper would be an option.

However, if we are saying that no-one is going to get much game time with Kane playing all the time then why would any other striker move to the club? Good young player? Nah, you will only get 15 mins at most, you are better off moving elsewhere.

Perhaps Kane will play every game all the time, maybe he is one of those Shearer type forwards who always play.

However, if we are saying that no-one is going to get much game time with Kane playing all the time then why would any other striker move to the club? Good young player? Nah, you will only get 15 mins at most, you are better off moving elsewhere.

Perhaps Kane will play every game all the time, maybe he is one of those Shearer type forwards who always play.

Shearer had his share of injuries, I think he had a cruciate at one point. I think regardless of Kane's ability to play every match, a number of strikers would want to come to us. The sheer volume of games would mean that they would get a shot.

Shearer had his share of injuries, I think he had a cruciate at one point. I think regardless of Kane's ability to play every match, a number of strikers would want to come to us. The sheer volume of games would mean that they would get a shot.

That was my original point, the question was asked and i said who i thought would be a good short term option. The argument against was that they wouldnt get much game time due to Kane playing most of the games.

You really don't think it's more likely that a younger player will be happy on the bench and getting cup games/occasional league starts than Negredo or another experienced player being happy with that squad role?

You really don't think someone like Dembele moving from Fulham would be more likely to accept that role in the squad for a while?

It seems overwhelmingly obvious to me. And it seems true in a lot of other positions on the pitch for us.

You really don't think it's more likely that a younger player will be happy on the bench and getting cup games/occasional league starts than Negredo or another experienced player being happy with that squad role?

You really don't think someone like Dembele moving from Fulham would be more likely to accept that role in the squad for a while?

It seems overwhelmingly obvious to me. And it seems true in a lot of other positions on the pitch for us.

For a while yes, but if i was an up and coming player i would like to think i would ultimately earn a place in the side going forward. Any kid we buy would have to have a lot of confidence he can kick Kane out the side even within the next 2 years.

For a while yes, but if i was an up and coming player i would like to think i would ultimately earn a place in the side going forward. Any kid we buy would have to have a lot of confidence he can kick Kane out the side even within the next 2 years.

There's a big difference between that and Negredo wanting "some playing time before the Euros".

I think we're a very attractive team for talented young players at the moment. Young players would have to be pretty dense not to see us as a great option.

Back