• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Stellini - Acting Head Coach for a small part of the season

For us, 4 games, 4 wins, not a single f*cking goal conceded.

That's some record. And for what it's worth, I agree with @Bedfordspurs - I think there's more to this than simple luck. I think the players look more relaxed, more instinctive, more confident in themselves.

I know Conte still sets them up, picks the team and talks to them in the week - but as with last week, I have to wonder if his hectoring from the sidelines affects the lads, while Stellini's relative passiveness lets them play.

When Conte returns this week, I hope he takes some lessons from his time away.

1) Relax a little more, both for your own health and maybe to let the lads play.
2) Start Richy on the left, and we look better for it. For GHod's sake, don't start Sonny again - let him recover from the bench for a while.
3) Work from home more, please. :p

100% agree. We simply look more confident with Stellini.

For us, 4 games, 4 wins, not a single f*cking goal conceded.

That's some record. And for what it's worth, I agree with @Bedfordspurs - I think there's more to this than simple luck. I think the players look more relaxed, more instinctive, more confident in themselves.

I know Conte still sets them up, picks the team and talks to them in the week - but as with last week, I have to wonder if his hectoring from the sidelines affects the lads, while Stellini's relative passiveness lets them play.

When Conte returns this week, I hope he takes some lessons from his time away.

1) Relax a little more, both for your own health and maybe to let the lads play.
2) Start Richy on the left, and we look better for it. For GHod's sake, don't start Sonny again - let him recover from the bench for a while.
3) Work from home more, please. :p

Let's not forget the Marseille game eh...but you're overall point stands; you have to wonder if Conte's sideline actions do adversely effect the team sometimes...let's hope when Conte comes back we get a win and a tough-as-nails performance as well...

Haha, that would be the weirdest manager of the month award ever!

Good management is often about putting capable people in place and letting them do what they're good at. In Conte's case, he's brought in a good backroom group to support him and deliver on his ideas.

But, yeah, you wanna see Stellini get fully recognized and in the picture with that trophy. #facemadeforradio

Good management is often about putting capable people in place and letting them do what they're good at. In Conte's case, he's brought in a good backroom group to support him and deliver on his ideas.

But, yeah, you wanna see Stellini get fully recognized and in the picture with that trophy. #facemadeforradio

Agreed.

The narrative some were trying to create that we were better without Conte because Stellini doesn’t point and shout based on a stupidly small sample size was ridiculous and was always going to get found out to be gonads….

Haters ( of Conte) just have to hate.

Back