• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Stellini - Acting Head Coach for a small part of the season

Conte has proven himself over a rather extended period of time to be a brilliant manager. Getting a lot of great performances out of various players in that time.

We haven't seen that as much this season, but definitely saw that last season. I think we can still see the best of Conte for us.

Possibly. Or possibly the game has moved on and he’s just been found out. The same that happened to Mourinho. He is in effect a Mourinho (tactically), just with a slightly more endearing personality.

He’s also always been a hand grenade short-term coach, not a nurturer/player developer/organic growth type. And we’re past the window when the latter is effective. And maybe it wasn’t ever effective because Mourinho had already scorched the earth before him?

Possibly. Or possibly the game has moved on and he’s just been found out. The same that happened to Mourinho. He is in effect a Mourinho (tactically), just with a slightly more endearing personality.

He’s also always been a hand grenade short-term coach, not a nurturer/player developer/organic growth type. And we’re past the window when the latter is effective. And maybe it wasn’t ever effective because Mourinho had already scorched the earth before him?

It could be that the game has moved on. I think it's rather early to be making those kinds of statements.

I think concerns about how he will do over time are valid. He's unproven at that in many ways. We're still in what should be the good phase so I'm not sure that's a good explanation for what's been going on this season.

He hasn't been a great developer of younger players. He's also been mostly at clubs where short term success has been the focus. Again, less proven than others. But at the same time some really good younger players have developed really well under him. Here we have Kulusevski mostly flying, Emerson turning things around. Sarr showing positive steps. I think there can be more to come, even tough he's no Pochettino in this regard.

Alot of 2+2 = 5 TBH and for me personally there is little to support any of it over a long enough time for it to mean anything. As much as I have been critical of Conte its abit silly to compare him and his assistant who has covered what? 3 games and come to any meaningful conclusion, I certainly would not want him as a permanent boss based on just that alone

Alot of 2+2 = 5 TBH and for me personally there is little to support any of it over a long enough time for it to mean anything. As much as I have been critical of Conte its abit silly to compare him and his assistant who has covered what? 3 games and come to any meaningful conclusion, I certainly would not want him as a permanent boss based on just that alone

3 games and working with a system and players Conte has been working on for over a year now.

I think the good results under Stellini says a lot of positive things about the work Conte has done here.

He won serie a the season before last.

It seems to be your answer to everything. Son, kane, conte at one point or another you say they're past it.

Our squad when he took over, nobody thought we could get top 4. We did. We're in 4th now. Yes we spent in the summer. So did west ham, liverpool dropped off, tuchel got sacked. Spose they're past it too?

Or maybe it's just taking time. Arteta finished 8th his first 2 seasons, 5th in his 3rd. Fergusson took 5 years. Maybe just maybe the problem is a lack of patience.

It's more specifically noting the different attitude/approach/freedom when Conte isn't there. It just reminds me of the Jol/Santini dynamic when that situation was going on.

It's more specifically noting the different attitude/approach/freedom when Conte isn't there. It just reminds me of the Jol/Santini dynamic when that situation was going on.

The freedom against west ham only really came in the second half. As it has plenty of times this season. City we beat as we have done at home for the last 5 seasons. I'd want a bit more to go on to say there has been any difference.

R.b22367416278b99bd60d6f47fa492797

It seems to be your answer to everything. Son, kane, conte at one point or another you say they're past it.

Our squad when he took over, nobody thought we could get top 4. We did. We're in 4th now. Yes we spent in the summer. So did west ham, liverpool dropped off, tuchel got sacked. Spose they're past it too?

Or maybe it's just taking time. Arteta finished 8th his first 2 seasons, 5th in his 3rd. Fergusson took 5 years. Maybe just maybe the problem is a lack of patience.

There was a lot of unrest during Fergies first 4 years, and a lot of banners at the games during that time. Probably by the same type of muppets that have been flying the LEVY OUT banners here.

The main difference between Santini and Jol was that Santini didn't pick Carrick but as soon as Santini went and Jol was solely in charge he did pick him. Stellini is picking the team that Conte tells him to pick and implementing the tactics that Conte tells him to implement.

If Conte's style of management caused ongoing problems with attitude, approach and freedom to an extent that could explain the difference in results over this small sample size he wouldn't have been nearly as successful as he's been.

Conte not being as effective as he has been in the past due to a number of issues may have been the case. Him being less effective as a manager right now (recovering from illness, losses and all) may be the case.

The main difference between Santini and Jol was that Santini didn't pick Carrick but as soon as Santini went and Jol was solely in charge he did pick him. Stellini is picking the team that Conte tells him to pick and implementing the tactics that Conte tells him to implement.

Stellini may use Kane or Kulusevski as a #10 if given the chance. He's already being a bit subversive in getting Dier to creep into midfield to address our outnumbering there.

One difference is the action on the sideline
You don’t hear or see stellini barking and shouting orders
The players are left to play the way they are ask… trusted
With conte it’s constant orders
Odd the pitch and in training I get it
Making tactical adjustment mid game I get it
Form minute 1…. That’s poor planning if that’s needed

R.b22367416278b99bd60d6f47fa492797

There was a lot of unrest during Fergies first 4 years, and a lot of banners at the games during that time. Probably by the same type of muppets that have been flying the LEVY OUT banners here.

'23 years and one League Cup, Ta-Ra Levy ' - has a definite ring to it.

An excellent post, well said Sir

Back