• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Stellini - Acting Head Coach for a small part of the season

Myyyyy naaaame is Cristian Stellini
And I drink bellinis
I came to the club from Milan (INTER)
When I walk down the street
All the girls that I meet say -
HEY! GORGEOUS! WHAT’S YOUR NAME?

There ‘might’ be a word out of place there?!!!!!
Surely the second line is “… I love to wear beanies…” ;)

I don’t really expect massive changes, regardless of Stellini’s motivations. And I’m not sure it would be a good idea to try to do that anyway with just 10 critical games left. Leave that for the new appointee in the summer. I’ll be happy if the players look like they are enjoying how they are playing and with an approach that is less - seemingly - based on stubbornness. Perhaps we will be a bit less predictable which might work in our favour.

- Take the fear out (if they don't play the exact pattern), take the handbreak off
- Adjust a little, like what he did earlier with Dier stepping up, Royal moving inside
- Use the subs earlier

We are in 4th playing absolute brick, not a stretch to think we can play better and get better results.

I am pleased Stellini is hanging around til the end of the season, very much an opportunity for him and us - if he does well and he will have opportunities to be the main man elsewhere (i think he has been head coach/manager only once previously) at the end of the season. If he gets us top 4, he would have certainly put up a strong argument/case for being permanent manager at the start of next season. Breaking the relationship with Conte can't have been easy, so i hope it goes well for him

I am pleased Stellini is hanging around til the end of the season, very much an opportunity for him and us - if he does well and he will have opportunities to be the main man elsewhere (i think he has been head coach/manager only once previously) at the end of the season. If he gets us top 4, he would have certainly put up a strong argument/case for being permanent manager at the start of next season. Breaking the relationship with Conte can't have been easy, so i hope it goes well for him

I’d imagine that Conte has said he’s not taking a new job before the summer so if Stellini want to stay until June that’s fine by him.

Meanwhile, Daniel hears the words “Less compensation to pay” and hey presto, a new management team is born!

Very true! The cynicism we all have is very strong here!

Hopefully Levy also thinks maintaining some management continuity gives us the best chance of top 4 (and has permanently blocked Mr Sherwood and Mr Redknapp's numbers from his phone)

I’d imagine that Conte has said he’s not taking a new job before the summer so if Stellini want to stay until June that’s fine by him.

Meanwhile, Daniel hears the words “Less compensation to pay” and hey presto, a new management team is born!

And Mason's paternity leave. His kid is due any day apparently.

Very true! The cynicism we all have is very strong here!

Hopefully Levy also thinks maintaining some management continuity gives us the best chance of top 4 (and has permanently blocked Mr Sherwood and Mr Redknapp's numbers from his phone)

Sherwood was offering his services to mason last week.

Pay till summer or pay the wages up today is literally the same thing though so very little difference if any, if Stel was to leave someone else would just step up

Pay till summer or pay the wages up today is literally the same thing though so very little difference if any, if Stel was to leave someone else would just step up

Exactly, it make zero difference

- The club took it's time to protect it's legal position (very smart considering Conte's past), a mutual agreement likely protects them from any kind of wrongful dismissal.
- Mason is the default but is due paternity leave and seemingly has a good relationship with Stellini
- Putting an interim team in place doesn't mean we can't look for an option now, but it takes the pressure/scrutiny off

So now we've not even got the Organ Grinder in charge for the last (more than a) quarter of the PL season.

We're the gift that keeps on giving (to fans of other teams) aren't we?

- Take the fear out (if they don't play the exact pattern), take the handbreak off
- Adjust a little, like what he did earlier with Dier stepping up, Royal moving inside
- Use the subs earlier

We are in 4th playing absolute brick, not a stretch to think we can play better and get better results.
Royal looks broken now. So we are down to just Perisic and Porro as WB options

Last edited:
Would've thought anyone else stepping up would get a hike in pay (I would've thought that Stellini himself might even have got a bit of a hike). If getting rid of somebody you'd also have to negotiate a settlement on their bonuses. I expect Conte (and team) would be on decent bonuses for a top 4 finish. Conte would likely have demanded a decent portion of his bonuses to leave, Stellini is also likely to have requested additional bonuses now that he is the 'manager'

Would've thought anyone else stepping up would get a hike in pay (I would've thought that Stellini himself might even have got a bit of a hike). If getting rid of somebody you'd also have to negotiate a settlement on their bonuses. I expect Conte (and team) would be on decent bonuses for a top 4 finish. Conte would likely have demanded a decent portion of his bonuses to leave, Stellini is also likely to have requested additional bonuses now that he is the 'manager'
So if the money goes up to see out till the summer in a more advanced role then the sums probably all add up to very similar to letting them go now. I'm sure if Stellini wanted to would, not sure him staying is a sign the clubs cheapened out on letting him go

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

With Dean Rastrick leaving it would be a good move to put Sherwood in charge of the academy again (if his pride would let him take that job again having got two thirds of a season as manager).

Sherwood was never in charge of the academy. John McDermott was between 2005-20, then Rastrick took over when McDermott went to the FA. Sherwood was just the "loans to Swindon" guy, who hung on to Chris Ramsey's coattails for a while.

Sherwood was never in charge of the academy. John McDermott was between 2005-20, then Rastrick took over when McDermott went to the FA. Sherwood was just the "loans to Swindon" guy, who hung on to Chris Ramsey's coattails for a while.
Ah yes, you are right. He was 'Technical Director' in 2012 and then stepped up to manager when AVB was sacked.

When we're paying someone 15 mil/year top 4 should be par, not deserving of a bonus ffs.

If there's a renegotiated bonus for Stellini, I think that's fair, but not for Conte.

Back