• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

It is the position that he has been used most frequently by Mourinho. I'm sure that he's off, so I don't think that we should read too much into it but it is interesting.
I was attaching 'occasionally' to him not appearing very much at all under Mou.

Agree though...he's off.

It is a bit of a shame though as along with La Celso, Ndombele ( if he's not a snowflake) we really increase the technical ability, Inc incisive higher risk passing, speed of passing and inventiveness of the team.

Son, Alli and Moura aren't that great technically, they can all be too loose with their first touch. Son can just have bad days, Alli does over dilly-dally and Moura just doesn't look like a team player. Obviously they all do have qualities but if you're looking to bring it all together it hinders fluidity.

It is a bit of a shame though as along with La Celso, Ndombele ( if he's not a snowflake) we really increase the technical ability, Inc incisive higher risk passing, speed of passing and inventiveness of the team.

Son, Alli and Moura aren't that great technically, they can all be too loose with their first touch. Son can just have bad days, Alli does over dilly-dally and Moura just doesn't look like a team player. Obviously they all do have qualities but if you're looking to bring it all together it hinders fluidity.

So Dele ”is not great technically ”. I beg to differ!

So Dele ”is not great technically ”. I beg to differ!
His first touch, the slow way he carries the ball, often takes too long to make his mind up...all not great. KDB, the two Silvas, Mharez, Salah, Willian, Dembele examples of great technical players. So good they're looking to damage the opposition quickly.

Dele is capable of moments of brilliance and has a gift of ghosting in at the right places at the right time. The kid has a lot of instinct but I wouldn't say is great technically. (That doesn't mean he has the touch of Sissoko btw :))

His first touch, the slow way he carries the ball, often takes too long to make his mind up...all not great. KDB, the two Silvas, Mharez, Salad, Willian, Dembele examples of great technical players. So good they're looking to damage the opposition quickly.

Dele is capable of moments of brilliance and has a gift of ghosting in at the right places at the right time. The kid has a lot of instinct but I wouldn't say is great technically. (That doesn't mean he has the touch of Sissoko btw :))

I'm still differing!

His first touch, the slow way he carries the ball, often takes too long to make his mind up...all not great. KDB, the two Silvas, Mharez, Salad, Willian, Dembele examples of great technical players. So good they're looking to damage the opposition quickly.

When Salah and De Bruyne were Dele's age they were being sold by Chelsea.

There has to be scope to play 2 players in front of Dier or sissoko from lo Celso, Ndom and Eriksen
There is scope it's just that Dele is taking one of those spaces and likely permanently.
When Salad and De Bruyne were Dele's age they were being sold by Chelsea.
By our manager, he likes the finished article and Chelsea had a fat squad that allowed him to choose what he were the best set (he was wrong).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

There is scope it's just that Dele is taking one of those spaces and likely permanently.By our manager, he likes the finished article and Chelsea had a fat squad that allowed him to choose what he were the best set (he was wrong).

It could be Dele, Son and Kane in front of the 3
There are a lot of goals with them and Lo Celso knows where the net is

A different point entirely
As was yours.
If you were implying he's still young and
could improve technically, perhaps, but at 23, your 15 years of football usually has made you the player you are. Chances his decision making (and speed of) could improve.

And besides, I thought you were agreeing with Stephen....ie he's great.

Just to point out, if I think he's 'not great' that then doesn't mean he's bad or even average. Just not great.

It could be Dele, Son and Kane in front of the 3
There are a lot of goals with them and Lo Celso knows where the net is
Hmm I don't think Jose will ever play with them as a three. He prefers a reference point striker and WFs who tuck in. Then a SS (Dele) directly behind. I just can't see him actively playing Dele to the side and as we know it doesn't maximise his qualities and Jose is going to be all about maximising Dele imo.

I hope to be run as it would our midfield lots of flexibility and increase the chances of getting more of the quality midfielders we now have on the pitch, but I'm just doubtful.

Hmm I don't think Jose will ever play with them as a three. He prefers a reference point striker and WFs who tuck in. Then a SS (Dele) directly behind. I just can't see him actively playing Dele to the side and as we know it doesn't maximise his qualities and Jose is going to be all about maximising Dele imo.

I hope to be run as it would our midfield lots of flexibility and increase the chances of getting more of the quality midfielders we now have on the pitch, but I'm just doubtful.

He played a variety of formations at Chelsea and that include 4-3-3 a lot with Lampard makele and Essien in midfield with robben (son), Drogba (Kane) and Gudjohnson (dele) in front

He played a variety of formations at Chelsea and that include 4-3-3 a lot with Lampard makele and Essien in midfield with robben (son), Drogba (Kane) and Gudjohnson (dele) in front
I hope you're right and he tries something along those lines. I'd love to see 2 of Ndombele/Lo Celso/Winks in the midfield with a quality DM behind them. That could even be Dier if he has the help of having that quality in front of him.

Back