• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Our fan base does enjoy these times with some servers pleasure!
And can't we moan!
The team is not in a good place so suck it up and stop the monotonous whining.
It serves little purpose.
We have a lot of fans who thrive off the negativity
It’s an odd characteristic but it’s something that stands out IMO

One way to force the manager's hand would be for the crowd to get on Eriksen's back...

If we aren't seeing effort I think they'd be entitled to do that.
We’d then be as bad as that lot down the road.
Poch is the man that needs to sit Eriksen on the bench. Worrying thing is it looks like a really easy choice but he can’t see that.

We’d then be as bad as that lot down the road.
Poch is the man that needs to sit Eriksen on the bench. Worrying thing is it looks like a really easy choice but he can’t see that.

I agree its not a good look. Arsenal fans haven't come out well because of it. That said there's a difference here - Xhaka is trying but brick whereas Eriksen is phoning it in and getting away with it. The manager is culpable too for not pulling him out of the line-up. I certainly think a little disgruntlement wouldn't be out of order to make the manager aware we are deeply unhappy with what's going down.

The bizarre thing is, Poch doesn't need to keep Eriksen on side, as he's blatantly off. He also looks like he doesn't even want to play.
Also, we achieved our most convincing performance (Red Star) without him. I know they were brick, but the effort and cohesion was evident.

We don't have any/much creativity in advanced positions so he is/will be needed to some extent - i want him out the team as much as anyone and i think that will eventually happen once Lo Celso is intergrated but as with a lot of sticking points atm we are damned if we do, damned if we don't

We don't have any/much creativity in advanced positions so he is/will be needed to some extent - i want him out the team as much as anyone and i think that will eventually happen once Lo Celso is intergrated but as with a lot of sticking points atm we are damned if we do, damned if we don't
Nonsense. We can't be worse without him. We have been better without him.

An interested Eriksen is on par with anyone other than De Bruyne

the current Eriksen is about as much use as a chocolate tea cup

Playing essentially a full game against an out of form Everton his creative output of note was one good free kick.

He wasn't alone in underperforming. He has in the past been compared to his best, a very high bar. Now even compared to mediocre players he's just not delivering.

Winks or Dier alongside Sissoko with Ndombele higher up the pitch looks less creative on paper, if comparing to the Eriksen that once was. Based on current form one good free kick or dangerous looking pass would have been enough to match it.

We can wait for Lo Celso to be up to speed. We can wait for Lamela to return. Perhaps had Kane been available Eriksen would have been left out with Moura taking a different role. But there are options in the squad. And must options wouldn't be worse than what Eriksen is currently delivering.

We have options sure, but nothing that is a guaranteed improvement over the chances of Eriksen suddenly having a couple of moments of quality and turning a game he's playing poorly in, which is what i mean - it's choosing the best of bad options atm.

I think there is more to playing/not playing Eriksen than his performances.

Obviously his performances are brick and dropping him would be entirely justified.

Its also about the squad, about showing leadership, about setting standards as well.

Poch playing Eriksen while others looks on is a big issue, IMHO. People talk about the squad being happy/not happy etc, things like this just dont help.

Poch putting his foot down, binning Eriksen, showing the standards of performance and commitment required, ultimately drawing a line - I can only think it will be positive to all.

Instead I think he is looking weak and indecisive. There is no consequence to any of Eriksens actions (inactions?) and that strikes me as rather damaging.

Obviously his performances are brick and dropping him would be entirely justified.

Its also about the squad, about showing leadership, about setting standards as well.

Poch playing Eriksen while others looks on is a big issue, IMHO. People talk about the squad being happy/not happy etc, things like this just dont help.

Poch putting his foot down, binning Eriksen, showing the standards of performance and commitment required, ultimately drawing a line - I can only think it will be positive to all.

Instead I think he is looking weak and indecisive. There is no consequence to any of Eriksens actions (inactions?) and that strikes me as rather damaging.
IIRC (and my memory fades quickly) he did try binning Eriksen out early on but kept bringing him on when we were struggling on the pitch. An even worse message to send.

I find it hard to disagree with any of this. No way Eriksen should be anywhere near the first 18 now.

If injuries don’t allow, bring a hungry U23 player through to take his place in the squad.

IIRC (and my memory fades quickly) he did try binning Eriksen out early on but kept bringing him on when we were struggling on the pitch. An even worse message to send.

I suppose the first time he did this against Villa on the opening day, Eriksen showed a level of professionalism and was instrumental in turning the game in our favour.
His performances since then have been sadly lacking. I really can't understand what Poch is seeing to continue down this path. Very foolhardy and testing the patience of his most loyal fans.

I do question just how instrumental he was, to be honest.

Villa were visibly tiring, and Eriksen came on at a point where there was a lot of space for him to exploit.

He came on for Winks so it was an attacking move as well, putting more bodies up against Villa as they were sitting in deep.

He played well, not trying to take that away from him, but I do think the whole line of him changing the game isnt really the case.

At least, not in the context it is used - IE Eriksen alone rescued the result for us. We had basically ground Villa down at that point then made an attacking sub. Eriksen played his part but wasnt the defining factor IMO.

Back