• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Lol. The funny thing is that he said that and every try hard journalist out there has released a piece stating that "Eriksen's leaving". WTF is it with these ****s?? They can't seem to leave us alone.
Half of them seem to think we are going to have problems holding onto him this summer. How many players leave a team after just one season, when their club hasn't been relegated?

tbf thats probably what he meant. to play for a massive club in the future. if he continues to get better and we cant keep up with his rate of development then he will leave us

Mesut Ozil
£42.5m
22 apps(1827 minutes)
4 goals
8 assists

Christian Eriksen
£11m
21 apps(1621 minutes)
7 goals
6 assists

Not bad for 1/4 of the price.

Last edited:
Mesut Ozil
£42.5m
22 apps(1827 minutes)
4 goals
8 assists

Christian Eriksen
£11m
21 apps(1621 minutes)
7 goals
6 assists

Not bad for 1/4 of the price.

Thanks for that:)

I've sent that to a few Gooners there's much straw-clutching about "Ozil would have better stats if he wasn't playing with **** forwards" :ross:

Nothing about saving some of the money to pay for a better quality striker or other positions; or the fact that assists don't have to be solely for strikers:-"

Cos that's the culture Daniel levy has created at our club. Fair play to eriksen why would anyone want to stay at a club who's owners have no ambition to succeed on the pitch what so ever and just want to make profits(mostly done by selling our best players)

Which clubs do you think it's fair to compare us to that doesn't have a "stepping stone culture"? Even United had to let go of Ronaldo. Arsenal regularly sell their best players, never mind Liverpool, Everton etc.

Is it a culture created by our chairman, or is it the reality of being a club that's not at the absolute top of the ladder?

Which clubs do you think it's fair to compare us to that doesn't have a "stepping stone culture"? Even United had to let go of Ronaldo. Arsenal regularly sell their best players, never mind Liverpool, Everton etc.

Is it a culture created by our chairman, or is it the reality of being a club that's not at the absolute top of the ladder?

Liverpool refused to well Suarez and now they are 4 games away from the title. Berbatov, Keane, Modric and Bale have all be sold when they were key players because they wanted to play CL football. Fortunately for Liverpool they have more backbone

For being his first PL season he's done really well and I'm very excited about him next season. Worth noting here that he was signed a day before deadline day, he had no preseason with the club, he came from a much smaller league, he's young, but he's still adapted really quickly. With him and Vertonghen both adjusting that quickly I would certainly be tempted to look for more players from Ajax/Holland. I know opinions on Chadli are somewhat divided and the jury is still out, but still impressive settling in periods for players from the Eresdivisie overall.

I still think there's massive room for improvement. I think an interesting comparison is with Coutinho (obviouslyI'm not the first to make it). Similar age group, cost and physical size, both attacking midfielders primarily. Where I think Coutinho is a lot more impressive is on the ball in the middle third. His touch is often very good, he creates space and finds the right pass into the final third very often. I think sometimes Eriksen lets himself down when he gets the ball in those positions, for someone with his technique and skill I expect more. Where Eriksen clearly outperforms Coutinho is in the final third. Where Coutinho often fluffs his shots and doesn't have the final delivery of Eriksen when crossing for example Eriksen has been fantastic whenever given the ball in a bit of space in or around the box.

I really think Eriksen has the skill to develop where he hasn't been great this season and keep up his goal and assist tally by being brilliant in and around the box. I'm not too worried about him leaving at this point, we don't really have a history of selling players after a single season and according to transfermarkt his contract runs another 4 years come the summer. He also signed from a smaller league and his wages are likely to be reasonable, meaning that we can offer him a pay bump within our wage budget along with an extension perhaps.

Liverpool refused to well Suarez and now they are 4 games away from the title. Berbatov, Keane, Modric and Bale have all be sold when they were key players because they wanted to play CL football. Fortunately for Liverpool they have more backbone

Liverpool were offered £40m for Suarez from a club in the same league as them. We were offered £85m for Bale from a club in La Liga. Surely you can see the difference. Levy kept Modric when Chelsea were after him under a lot more pressure than Liverpool were under this summer. The problem with Keane wasn't that he was sold, it was that he was re-signed. Berba and Carrick both had 2 years left on their contracts, pretty standard to let them leave when big offers came in. Not comparable to Liverpool at all imo.

Liverpool also sold Xabi Alonso, Javier Mascherano and Fernando Torres. How their "culture" is different to ours I can't see at all. The Suarez example falls apart immediately upon further examination. Particularly as Arsenal are also a "selling club" and have nowhere near the same draw as Real Madrid.

Suarez would've been sold had a club offered anywhere near approaching £85m though, instead they only had Arsenal offering £40m + £1. If Madrid had come in with £50-£55m I'd say he'd be playing in white right about now. Liverpool have also sold players in the past - Mascherano, Alonso, Torres ... so let's not make out that they don't sell players they don't want to. That said, I wish we'd have stood firm and kept Bale.

From about 4:25 onwards Eriksen talks about how he'd like a move to somewhere else in future and this is from three years ago, he's a very honest player.

/video/

If the club did sell him this summer I'd honestly never forgive Levy, even if we sold him for £50m.

No reason to think that we will.

Here are the actual quotes from that article:

"I'm incredibly happy that they [Spurs] seem happy with me.

"I am very glad that they like what they see.

"Of course I have a dream and a secret plan in my head. But I keep it to myself. Right now I live in the moment and enjoy the success I have."

"For me, the feeling I have at the club isn't dependent on being in the Champions League.

"Our aim now is to win all our matches so that we end the season with some confidence ahead of next year and if we do that, we can see where it takes us in the table."

From Sherwood:

"You have to drag him off the training field every day and he is still a kid.

"He will get better. But he will only get better because he wants to. I'm delighted for him."

All about stuff down the line, nothing about this summer. Plenty left on his contract, just one season into his Spurs career. Of course down the line he'll want more, just like Carrick, Berba, Modric, Bale and Vertonghen. That's to be expected, honestly I'm not sure if I'd want a player without those ambitions unless they had a real childhood connection with Spurs.

It's up to the club to try to match his ambitions.

Included the Sherwood quotes to try to steer the discussion in another direction instead of down the "could he be leaving" conversation instigated by a headline the ****ing Express and a forum troll quoting it.

These are similar to the comments coming from coaches, managers and players about Modric and Bale for example. It's a real sign of a player wishing to get better and better, willing to push himself. The best sign that he will reach his potential imo. An attitude he probably wouldn't have if not for his ambitions.

Liverpool were offered £40m for Suarez from a club in the same league as them. We were offered £85m for Bale from a club in La Liga. Surely you can see the difference. Levy kept Modric when Chelsea were after him under a lot more pressure than Liverpool were under this summer. The problem with Keane wasn't that he was sold, it was that he was re-signed. Berba and Carrick both had 2 years left on their contracts, pretty standard to let them leave when big offers came in. Not comparable to Liverpool at all imo.

Liverpool also sold Xabi Alonso, Javier Mascherano and Fernando Torres. How their "culture" is different to ours I can't see at all. The Suarez example falls apart immediately upon further examination. Particularly as Arsenal are also a "selling club" and have nowhere near the same draw as Real Madrid.

Agree about Suarez, 40 and 85 mill is not the same. The rest of the examples are pointless however. Tores was finished and they got 50million!!! when he was worth 15m max. Alonso they got a good 5 years out of him and Mascherano as good as he was is hardly irreplaceable. Liverpool came out on top in all of those deals, the only time they wouldn't of came out on top is if they sold Suarez…….. and they didn't.

We should have kept Bale at all costs!!! Unless we don't want to win games and just make money. If you want a title winning team however you don't sell potentially the best player you've ever had. Simple as that

Last edited:
Suarez would've been sold had a club offered anywhere near approaching £85m though, instead they only had Arsenal offering £40m + £1. If Madrid had come in with £50-£55m I'd say he'd be playing in white right about now. Liverpool have also sold players in the past - Mascherano, Alonso, Torres ... so let's not make out that they don't sell players they don't want to. That said, I wish we'd have stood firm and kept Bale.

yep, but Liverpool could easily have sold Suarez for 40 mill too imo....think about it, 9 game ban for biting an opponent (the second time in his career he has done it so obviously no lesson learned) and of course the big ban previously served for his racist comments to Evra. The guy was a ticking timebomb and id say most clubs would have taken that 40 mill without blinking an eye

Agree about Suarez, 40 and 85 mill is not the same. The rest of the examples are pointless however. Tores was finished and they got 50million!!! when he was worth 15m max. Alonso they got many years out of him and Mascherano as good as he is is hardly irreplaceable.

We should have kept Bale at all costs!!!

Agree to some extent about Torres, but he most certainly wasn't a player they were looking to sell. They wanted to keep him, but he was desperate to leave and they sold him.

Not sure why how many years they got out of Alonso matters, they were desperate to keep both him and Mascherano and both were sold. If we're talking about a stepping stone culture those examples are certainly not pointless.

I was really hoping we would keep Bale last summer, but I think an "keep at all costs" attitude is unrealistic.

Agree to some extent about Torres, but he most certainly wasn't a player they were looking to sell. They wanted to keep him, but he was desperate to leave and they sold him.

Not sure why how many years they got out of Alonso matters, they were desperate to keep both him and Mascherano and both were sold. If we're talking about a stepping stone culture those examples are certainly not pointless.

I was really hoping we would keep Bale last summer, but I think an "keep at all costs" attitude is unrealistic.

The point is Liverpool knew they could cope without those players. They knew they wouldn't cope without Suarez so they didn't budge.
We equally knew we wouldn't cope without Bale….but we bent over anyway

Clearly its not "unrealistic" and Liverpool have just proven it. Suarez was a much more troublesome character than Bale plus at the beginning of the season Spurs would have been said to be a stronger team than Liverpool. If they should have kept Suarez theres no way we couldn't of kept Bale

Back