• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Football is a fickle thing and a lot can happen in a year, a new coach, president, 'must have' player, a returning hero.
He risks being left behind, having limited playing time and going to a club his heart isn't in, and on his history with us and not being focused that's not a good place.
Ramsey has struck it lucky with juve, so far but let's see how it pans out, but I'd suggest that's not the norm.
Munich have just bought Countinho so they're guaranteed to want a new player in that position within a year.

No doubt whatsoever, Juventus are the free transfer experts, they are waiting for next summer to get their hands on him

But comes September 2nd, will Eriksen be happy earning £80k per week when Spurs have reportedly put a contract worth over double that in front of him? He's taking a huge punt that one of his favoured teams comes in for him next summer

When his contract is up he will be less fussy and it will be about who gives him the biggest payday.That said I expect him to leave for a fee in this window now that Son is available and lo celso has been training for a couple of weeks I wouldn't expect eriksen to be starting.

Half time against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and I'll make the same prediction I made after Villa - if he leaves, we will see this useless, turgid nothing-ball for the rest of the f*cking season.

Poch seems frustratingly unable to coax attacking football out of the team when it's missing its creators - understandable for most teams, but that isn't the way top teams play, and we're basically relying on wearing teams down through superior fitness at this point.

Sling Eriksen on for the second half, watch him instantly make us more fluid and cohesive. And keep him for the rest of the season, even if he leaves on a free. Because if we don't, it's more of this 'To me, to you' b*llocks.

And Poch needs to learn how to cope without
him - the tools are now there with Ndombele and Lo Celso, and he has zero excuses whatsoever. No more pleading poverty going forward.

The first few games are increasing the value of him to us...so surely increasing the price which someone would have to offer in the next week in order for us to sell

I'd say we're beyond the point where any money we'd get for him now would ultimately do us any good compared with keeping him on. Levy's imperative will no doubt be to see a number in the credit column for him, but that's fool's gold for me. I think we're a mid-table side this season without him. If he walks at the end of it, so be it. He'll have given ENIC more than their money's worth.

Last edited:
I'd say we're beyond the point where any money we'd get for him now would ultimately do us any good compared with keeping him on. Levy's imperative will no doubt be to see a number in the credit column for him, but that's fool's gold for me. I think we're a mid-table side this season without him. If he walks at the end of it, so be it. He'll have given ENIC more than their money's worth.
Yup, unless Lo Celso is MotM this weekend then selling Eriksen before summer window closes would seem to be like cutting your nose to spite your face.

Purely from a financial perspective, dropping down from CL to EL would cost the club about £60m in lost income next season which pretty much offsets any transfer fee that even Levy could hope to wangle for a player in the last year of their contract.

I think the opposite.

I think if we sell him then everyone needs to learn to live without him. And instead of putting out half hearted brick like we did at the weekend, with the idea he can come on and "rescue" things* we will just move on and be forced to evolve.

We have a squad plenty good enough to thrive without him. We need to commit to it.

*Obviously he didnt. Just as he didnt make much of a contribution against City, and his efforts against Villa were vastly over rated. Eriksen is not the messiah.

Back