• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I can understand Eriksen wanting to go Madrid, Barca or Juventus by while would he want to go to Manure for Thursday night football?

I wouldn't be surprised if this is Levy playing bricks and giggles, in light of the fact that United leaked earlier this week that they don't like being a name for leakers to be leaking about to drive up interest.

This makes not a jot of sense to me, other than in a way of getting some money for Eriksen before his contract is up. I don't see why Eriksen would go. Not because United won't have a plan to get back to the top after so much failure. Not because I don't appreciate they'd offer some big wages, but quite simply he can wait a year and have his pick of the clubs and a fat sign on fee. Why commit to United rather than seeing what the market will be for you in free agency?

I think we are trying to force Madrid's hand before the English deadline. If Eriksen went there my opinion of him would just drop completely. He's smarter than that.

Exactly my point. It makes no sense to tie himself down to a contract when in 5 months time he’s in a far better position to negotiate the move he actually wants.

He would make zillions more if he went on a free next summer. Instead of buying him for £50m a club could play him a massive signing on fee and wages, just look at Ramsey to Juventus.
I'm thinking birds in hands and bushes. Guarantee a big contract now on top wages instead of risking a season where he might be side-lined or pick up a career/transfer threatening injury.

Last season got they got about 97 points and that was with Kevin De Bruyne out for half the season and David Silva making just 6 appearances in the league. Eriksen would simply block Foden's path, go and have a look at their roaster they do not need Eriksen

Good point, but whereas I think City and Eriksen are a great fit, it's a stable environment, they play good football and have a team ethic Eriksen would buy into, utd is the exact opposite and I think he would get lost there. That's why I'd rather for oursake if he's going to an English team I'd rather it was utd rather than city.
And if he's in a free and Silva is leaving it would be a possibility, I'd rather not take the risk.

Good point, but whereas I think City and Eriksen are a great fit, it's a stable environment, they play good football and have a team ethic Eriksen would buy into, utd is the exact opposite and I think he would get lost there. That's why I'd rather for oursake if he's going to an English team I'd rather it was utd rather than city.
And if he's in a free and Silva is leaving it would be a possibility, I'd rather not take the risk.
Eriksen is the missing piece in that team. Hell no that we sell him to United. That is shortsighted and dumb of us if we do so.

Why not just wait until next summer and go there then if no other offer materialises? And get a big fat sign on fee to go with it?

Eriksen to United makes no sense to me this week. We don’t need to offer him up to them. He doesn’t need to push to go to them.

Because he wants to move on?

Of we want to make money on h we certainly need to offer him up to anyone likely to take him

He wouldn't sign a contract two years ago because he wanted Barca. They didn't come in for him. He waited again. They didn't come in for him. He decided to try and advance the situation. They didn't come in for him and neither did his fall-back, Real Madrid. I believe Athletico were the only ones to make a solid bid early-doors this window, and I believe he didn't want it. Hmmm. He must be in a right old two and eight TBH. I did not believe for one minute we would deal him to Man U if we could, but it appears true. If he goes there, it would be bizarre on many levels, not the least of which that he only really wanted Barca and RM as a second option. There is no getting away from it, this is a giant mess and only a fool would predict the next 48 hours as I am convinced not even those who KNOW "know" how it will all play out right now. For me, the ONLY way forcing him up there works is if we get two diamonds in and fast. Even then, my PERSONAL feeling is that we are handing Utd a gift, but this is business too, and again, IF we got the right players in, then I suppose I'd be OK with it. Of course, what I think matters not one jot, but hey, given that I have found myself sucked into this window more than any in recent memory, thought I'd play along!!!!

He wouldn't sign a contract two years ago because he wanted Barca. They didn't come in for him. He waited again. They didn't come in for him. He decided to try and advance the situation. They didn't come in for him and neither did his fall-back, Real Madrid. I believe Athletico were the only ones to make a solid bid early-doors this window, and I believe he didn't want it. Hmmm. He must be in a right old two and eight TBH. I did not believe for one minute we would deal him to Man U if we could, but it appears true. If he goes there, it would be bizarre on many levels, not the least of which that he only really wanted Barca and RM as a second option. There is no getting away from it, this is a giant mess and only a fool would predict the next 48 hours as I am convinced not even those who KNOW "know" how it will all play out right now. For me, the ONLY way forcing him up there works is if we get two diamonds in and fast. Even then, my PERSONAL feeling is that we are handing Utd a gift, but this is business too, and again, IF we got the right players in, then I suppose I'd be OK with it. Of course, what I think matters not one jot, but hey, given that I have found myself sucked into this window more than any in recent memory, thought I'd play along!!!!
It's happened many many times before and it'll happen again so we need to deal with it and improve our team too.

Silvestre, van persie, mata, matic, Sanchez, clichy, nasri, walker, Gallas, mykhitaryan, toure, sterling and probably some I've missed off - all players that were sold to rivals. Its a business and as long as we get money and reinvest wisely then fcuk Eriksen off.

Like many others on here I wouldn’t especially want him going to United this window, whatever the fee. But consider this: what if he stays and then goes to United on a free at the end of his contract? At that point a deal 12 months earlier for £30/40/50/60/70 million would look pretty good.

A lot of people on here don’t really seem to rate him that highly. Personally, I think he makes the side tick. I think he knits everything together and brings out the best of those around him. I think he is, if you’ll forgive a military term, a ‘force multiplier’. I think we will miss him when he is gone.

For what it’s worth, I still think he will walk on a free and end up in Spain.

Eriksen is the missing piece in that team. Hell no that we sell him to United. That is shortsighted and dumb of us if we do so.
I don't know, utd could be a total basket case this year and I don't see Eriksen thriving in that.
He is going to leave and I think out of our rivals for top four after arsenal I'd be least upset at him ending at utd.

Back