• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Yet still played several "chance creating passes" including being involved in the goal (either Harry or Son should have made more of at least one of the early opps).

Everyone has opinions, so I'll leave it here, but watch the first half of that game where the entire team is struggling to cope with Dortmund and look at his contribution (worked haed as a DM and created our only out ball several times and was one of the few not constantly losing the ball).

Played a part in the goal? Passed it straight at an opposition player.
He couldn't get rid of the ball quick enough.
At least twice he yet again let a player waltz past him not 30 yards from goal without a tackle, a barge, a nudge or even a Paddington stare.
As poch keeps saying they have all the data on fitness and if he is that knackered I understand why he is getting picked. Truth be told I don't understand why he is picked at all just now.

Played as dm tonight pretty much.

He isnt going through a bad run or bad form. He is doing what he is told. The midfield is in a mess and he's had to fill in.

It's like Poch moving Kane to right back and then complaining he's not scoring as much as he used to.
Nah he is definitely going through a bad run. Every pass is either under or over hit or hits an opponent, it rarely finds its man. He is losing the ball a lot where previously he would have come away with it. He looks short of confidence atm. How often is Eriksen subbed?

As I said previously I expect players to have a drop of form from time to time. My surprise is, based on his overall contribution to the team over the last 5 years, we, as fans, would have supported him a little more. Again I say, imo he is a top player and we have no one else who does what he does which is why we look so bad, generally, in attack atm.

Hopefully the 3 weeks off can be used to give some of the World Cup players a rest, before they go again. Eriksen has been playing intense high level football for 18 months with barely any down time.

Hopefully the 3 weeks off can be used to give some of the World Cup players a rest, before they go again. Eriksen has been playing intense high level football for 18 months with barely any down time.
He’ll be flogged to death by Denmark won’t he?

He’ll be flogged to death by Denmark won’t he?

I think he 'flogged' himself last season when he got them into the World Cup and then had all the pressure to carry them. Now. hopefully he can relax, have a kick about and refresh for the much more exciting CL (and PL where we have some big big games).

2 good moments in the game -- when he was unlucky to hit the bar and when he made a chance for Kane that Kane should have scored. Could have been a goal and assist.

BUT

His general play was poor imo, gave the ball away, didn't defend very well. I thought Dele was far superior but he just ran out of gas.

These are the games I refer to when I judge him. Team under the kosh someone with his ability should be getting on the ball and dictating the tempo of the game. Fudger did sod all for 45 mins.

His touch, passing and decision-making were poor today; again.. Tiredness? I think so, he looks like he did in September..
Well poch always says they have all the data on fitness so that doesn't cut it for me.
Can't be arsed more like.
If, as is widely believed on here he is off in the summer, why is poch persisting with him when Toby and walker were dropped.
Baffling.

Well poch always says they have all the data on fitness so that doesn't cut it for me.
Can't be arsed more like.
If, as is widely believed on here he is off in the summer, why is poch persisting with him when Toby and walker were dropped.
Baffling.

Maybe the data says he's tired...but the others who'd play instead of himn are even more tired?
Perhaps he really is irreplaceable in our team and that as bad as we are playing now, poch knows we'd be much much worse if Eriksen wasn't?
This is why i think Poch was likely failed last summer, he could drop Toby and Walker at those times because there were viable alternatives; perhaps in the summer Poch wanted alternatives for Eriksen but alas here we are...

Back