• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Well poch always says they have all the data on fitness so that doesn't cut it for me.
Can't be arsed more like.
If, as is widely believed on here he is off in the summer, why is poch persisting with him when Toby and walker were dropped.
Baffling.

The can also be a mental fatigue I think Poch and the players have this.

Do you think he misses Dembele making space for him? Dembele's party trick was to suck in 2 sometimes 3 midfielders ride the challanages and find Eriksen in space. Having Alli back seemed to help in this wasy first half. Eriksen was creating lots as Alli took up defenders, and we were all over them. Defensively Eriksen 'goes throgh the motions' sometimes without getting stuck in. Ultimately, as senior players you have to blame Eriksen and Kane (Alli and Moura) because they did not finish off southampton.

Maybe the data says he's tired...but the others who'd play instead of himn are even more tired?
Perhaps he really is irreplaceable in our team and that as bad as we are playing now, poch knows we'd be much much worse if Eriksen wasn't?
This is why i think Poch was likely failed last summer, he could drop Toby and Walker at those times because there were viable alternatives; perhaps in the summer Poch wanted alternatives for Eriksen but alas here we are...

I don't buy that either, every game we've played for as long as I can remember Eriksen has let players waltz by him 30 yards from goal and made no attempt to play the ball. Moura, son and definitely not Lamela would allow that. He can't be arsed.
And if we are so reliant on one player then poch isn't the coach I think he is and can go just now.

I don't buy that either, every game we've played for as long as I can remember Eriksen has let players waltz by him 30 yards from goal and made no attempt to play the ball. Moura, son and definitely not Lamela would allow that. He can't be arsed.

Son is just as bad actually, but i agree re Moura and Lamela would certainly put more of a foot in.

As i say, what is lost in combativeness with Eriksen is made up for is his assists/goals/goal involvement. I do wonder is there is less of a meritocracy now than before though...

Son is just as bad actually, but i agree re Moura and Lamela would certainly put more of a foot in.

As i say, what is lost in combativeness with Eriksen is made up for is his assists/goals/goal involvement. I do wonder is there is less of a meritocracy now than before though...

I've taken that line before with Eriksen and defended him, but if that goes you need to try you need to make up for it and earn your place somehow, he's an empty shirt at the moment. And if he is so tired go tell poch, say I need a rest,, sat least take me off after an hour.

I've taken that line before with Eriksen and defended him, but if that goes you need to try you need to make up for it and earn your place somehow, he's an empty shirt at the moment. And if he is so tired go tell poch, say I need a rest,, sat least take me off after an hour.

Poch is known to work, work, work his players until they drop if it has to be done. Like i say, you'd have to think Poch feels he has no choice because the alternatives are so much further below Eriksen's level that the team overall suffers in a big way...if Poch doesn't actually believe that but still plays Eriksen then Poch's management strategy absolutely comes into question (as it well might if we finish 5th...)

Poch is known to work, work, work his players until they drop if it has to be done. Like i say, you'd have to think Poch feels he has no choice because the alternatives are so much further below Eriksen's level that the team overall suffers in a big way...if Poch doesn't actually believe that but still plays Eriksen then Poch's management strategy absolutely comes into question (as it well might if we finish 5th...)

Well if no one in our squad can replace Eriksen in current form they can fudge off as well.

Truth of the matter is, we expect Eriksen to be amazing every week. When ideally we have other options. Signing someone like Tadic at Ajax is what we need to take the pressure off Eriksen imo. Not Tadic as that ship has sailed, he's immense for Ajax and 30 years old. But we need to find an alternative, who can rotate into Eriksen's role even if the Dane stays.

Truth of the matter is, we expect Eriksen to be amazing every week. When ideally we have other options. Signing someone like Tadic at Ajax is what we need to take the pressure off Eriksen imo. Not Tadic as that ship has sailed, he's immense for Ajax and 30 years old. But we need to find an alternative, who can rotate into Eriksen's role even if the Dane stays.

I suspect De Jong of Ajax was who we wanted but i think he turned us down, which is fair enough tbh considering where he will play next season...

Do you think he misses Dembele making space for him? Dembele's party trick was to suck in 2 sometimes 3 midfielders ride the challanages and find Eriksen in space. Having Alli back seemed to help in this wasy first half. Eriksen was creating lots as Alli took up defenders, and we were all over them. Defensively Eriksen 'goes throgh the motions' sometimes without getting stuck in. Ultimately, as senior players you have to blame Eriksen and Kane (Alli and Moura) because they did not finish off southampton.

He had plenty of space today to take charge. I have seen him receive the ball with positive space ahead in the last few games only to turn and play backwards or sideways. He has the talent to drive into that space and take charge. He isn’t. Who knows exactly why...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

This is a very fair point.

He had plenty of space today to take charge. I have seen him receive the ball with positive space ahead in the last few games only to turn and play backwards or sideways. He has the talent to drive into that space and take charge. He isn’t. Who knows exactly why...

Imo needs a rest. For 18 months he's probably only had a week off. See above our need for a rotation option.

He's been here long enough now he's gone stale. Sell to real but say we don't want him to leave to get more dollar. Sign someone that can actually take corners and score from free kicks more than once every 35 attempts. Prowse ward anyone?

Ericksen has poor for weeks now and should have been dropped... But Poch is frightened to upset his '''star' players.

On form, he is a great asset and our main playmaker.. Off form, he hasnt got enough aggression in him to play a different way...

As for his corners.... I read on glory glory that he had taken 3 corners up to a certain point and none of them had cleared the first defender.. pathetic and that sort of thing wouldn't happen, yet again, in a Sunday morning team...

I am still really p....ed off after yesterday...

It seems quite likely to me that his recent form is due to his contract situation? Perhaps he wanted to stay at spurs as long as he felt valued by the club (ie comparable wage to Kane and our other top earners) - but that the club wouldn’t meet those demands, and now he is disappointed / tinkled off and knows he’s on his way in the summer?

If that was the case though it would be weird that Poch has kept playing him...

Why the fudge should he be on the same as Kane. Kane is one of the best in the world! he is also commercially our main man. He is SPURS!

Back