• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Well, I'll be sticking pins into little Eriksen voodoo dolls, burning his effigy on the high street and hurling herring and smørrebrød on to the pitch.

I think I’ve heard of both of them, what positions do they play again though? If right back, are they better than Aurier?!

I don't think Eriksen was ever one of the Bale flops was he? Everyone could see he was a vital player for us.

Please sign that contract!

I don't think Eriksen was ever one of the Bale flops was he? Everyone could see he was a vital player for us.

Please sign that contract!

While my heart wants him to stay my head and my gut tells me we will have to sell him in the summer, because I doubt he will sign a new contract now

While my heart wants him to stay my head and my gut tells me we will have to sell him in the summer, because I doubt he will sign a new contract now

My feeling is that he’s off in the summer - I think he would have signed by now if he was staying.

I’d pay money to be wrong though.

My feeling is that he’s off in the summer - I think he would have signed by now if he was staying.

I'm holding out hope that we can get him signed up by the end of this window - but if he hasn't, then we need to start succession planning immediately, factoring in his likely price this summer. :(

I actually think we might not get all that much for him if he does end up not signing any new deal - Bale-sized fee (80m or so), I'd wager, which would be an absolute steal for someone like him.

If you remember, last time he was due to sign a new contract it dragged on for many, many months. So there's still hope. Maybe it's dependent on us winning a trophy this season?

If so given we're just two games away from the final, the Carabao Cup offers our earliest chance. The winners of our SF against Chelsea will likely meet Emirates Marketing Project in the final on Sunday, 24 February. So still two massive hurdles to cross, but maybe, just maybe, that would be enough to swing his decision our way?

The worry with Eriksen is that whilst he is worth around £150 million, his contract is running down and we will likely have to take a reduced fee for him.

If you remember, last time he was due to sign a new contract it dragged on for many, many months. So there's still hope. Maybe it's dependent on us winning a trophy this season?

If so given we're just two games away from the final, the Carabao Cup offers our earliest chance. The winners of our SF against Chelsea will likely meet Emirates Marketing Project in the final on Sunday, 24 February. So still two massive hurdles to cross, but maybe, just maybe, that would be enough to swing his decision our way?

I think it can only help. The club needs a trophy to get the monkey off our back so to speak as it's been 11 years since we last won something. I also believe he would want the club to invest in new players. Danny Rose touched on it at the beginning of last season, I'm sure many players were thinking it but he was the only one who had the front to say it. They must look at clubs like Liverpool for example who didn't spend crazy money but identified the weakest areas in their team i.e. goalkeeper, CM and CB and went out and bought quality upgrades and think we could replicate that.

Arsenal also went out and got Terreira who has improved them.

He could also be waiting to see what Poch does. If Poch leaves then we might have to prepare ourselves for the loss of some of our key players. I think Poch will stay but no one really knows other than Poch himself.

I think it can only help. The club needs a trophy to get the monkey off our back so to speak as it's been 11 years since we last won something. I also believe he would want the club to invest in new players. Danny Rose touched on it at the beginning of last season, I'm sure many players were thinking it but he was the only one who had the front to say it. They must look at clubs like Liverpool for example who didn't spend crazy money but identified the weakest areas in their team i.e. goalkeeper, CM and CB and went out and bought quality upgrades and think we could replicate that.

Arsenal also went out and got Terreira who has improved them.

He could also be waiting to see what Poch does. If Poch leaves then we might have to prepare ourselves for the loss of some of our key players. I think Poch will stay but no one really knows other than Poch himself.

Mate, think you need to re-think your definition of crazy money.

Liverpool consistently spends a lot of money on transfers and wages, it has been "masked" to some extent over the last decade by the occasional Suarez, Coutinho type sale (hide behind net spend), but Pool spend.

Personally don't think Eriksen is a money guy (he's said so himself), I think if Barca (he's Danish and they have a soft spot for Barca) come calling, he'll go, other than that, probably waiting to see how this season goes and what Poch is going to do.

Mate, think you need to re-think your definition of crazy money.

Liverpool consistently spends a lot of money on transfers and wages, it has been "masked" to some extent over the last decade by the occasional Suarez, Coutinho type sale (hide behind net spend), but Pool spend.

Personally don't think Eriksen is a money guy (he's said so himself), I think if Barca (he's Danish and they have a soft spot for Barca) come calling, he'll go, other than that, probably waiting to see how this season goes and what Poch is going to do.

Of course they spend but they don’t blow hundreds of millions in the same window on a regular basis like the Manchester clubs for example. They went out and upgrades in positions that they needed to strengthen. I realise their wage bill and net spend is higher than ours but still not on the level of united and Emirates Marketing Project. They’ve definitely backed Klopp.

Of course they spend but they don’t blow hundreds of millions in the same window on a regular basis like the Manchester clubs for example. They went out and upgrades in positions that they needed to strengthen. I realise their wage bill and net spend is higher than ours but still not on the level of united and Emirates Marketing Project. They’ve definitely backed Klopp.
They have just spent £200 odd million in a 12 months period haven’t they

Here's the annual net transfer fee spend from the last 10 years, which shows that Liverpool had been spending nothing under Klopp until the last window, where they splashed out massively on 3-4 key signings.

upload_2019-1-2_12-9-49.png

Also shows that our net spend across the last ten years has been negative - so impressive what we've achieved when you compare with our rivals.

(Based on data from https://www.transferleague.co.uk/)

Here's the annual net transfer fee spend from the last 10 years, which shows that Liverpool had been spending nothing under Klopp until the last window, where they splashed out massively on 3-4 key signings.

View attachment 5653

Also shows that our net spend across the last ten years has been negative - so impressive what we've achieved when you compare with our rivals.

(Based on data from https://www.transferleague.co.uk/)

Net spend is always a tricky measure as it doesn’t allow for anything like wage increases for example for new signings

Back