• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I KNOW that I may be grasping at straws here, but I remember reading before that he had passed up opportunities, when he was at Ajax, to go to city and chelsea because he understood be would get lost in the shuffle there. So I don’t think he will base his decision on money alone. Spurs need to pay him in line with what he worth and convince him that this is the best spot for him as a footballer.

The tough thing is if Barca have a first 11 spot then we aren’t any longer the best place for him necessarily. He’d get more money and more chance of trophies at one of the only clubs in the world on a tier above us. If they move for him, we would have served him amazingly well in his development and his progress would be a great advertisement for the next great young players in Europe to come here, but I think the only current top player we have who we can expect to turn down Barca / Madrid is Kane.

I imagine the contract negotiation is around a minimum fee or some such thing to allow him to move if Barca come in for him.

I KNOW that I may be grasping at straws here, but I remember reading before that he had passed up opportunities, when he was at Ajax, to go to city and chelsea because he understood be would get lost in the shuffle there. So I don’t think he will base his decision on money alone. Spurs need to pay him in line with what he worth and convince him that this is the best spot for him as a footballer.
He was at a different stage then though, at that time he was just another young player with talent. Now he’s one of the best in The world at what he does and knows he could walk into literally any team....

The tough thing is if Barca have a first 11 spot then we aren’t any longer the best place for him necessarily. He’d get more money and more chance of trophies at one of the only clubs in the world on a tier above us. If they move for him, we would have served him amazingly well in his development and his progress would be a great advertisement for the next great young players in Europe to come here, but I think the only current top player we have who we can expect to turn down Barca / Madrid is Kane.

I imagine the contract negotiation is around a minimum fee or some such thing to allow him to move if Barca come in for him.

He’d be the second best player at Barca, at the very least.

Rumour was him, Alli and Kane all signed new deals at the same time to be announced at a later date. This was back in the first month or two of the season and heard nothing about it since then.

Rumour was him, Alli and Kane all signed new deals at the same time to be announced at a later date. This was back in the first month or two of the season and heard nothing about it since then.

Fingers crossed. He looks like someone who is enjoying playing for the team and manager and has made no noises in the press, so perhaps hes playing well due to taking home 200k per week.

The whole thing of believing rumours is so problematic for me

Eriksen has been here for six years.
He may simply want a change and I can’t fault him for that!
He is one of, if not our most important player.
But he has given us great service.
And as much I’d rather he stayed, I wish him well if he goes!

Eriksen has been here for six years.
He may simply want a change and I can’t fault him for that!
He is one of, if not a storm trooper mutiny pal.
But he has given us great service.
And as much I’d rather he stayed, I wish him well if he goes!
Well, I'll be sticking pins into little Eriksen voodoo dolls, burning his effigy on the high street and hurling herring and smørrebrød on to the pitch.

Back